1.0.2: Crash on creation of new world (FIXED in 1.0.3)

Yaeger

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I created a new world to test something, using the default settings of the launcher/minecraft. This caused the game to crash:

From the launcher log:
Code:
[14:12:14] [Server thread/WARN]: Unable to find spawn biome
[14:12:14] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Exception getting block type in world

And the crash log contains :
Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception getting block type in world
   at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147455_a(World.java:50534)
   at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150806_e(Chunk.java:851)
   at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150807_a(Chunk.java:660)
   at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147465_d(World.java:451)
   at factorization.common.WorldgenManager$2.set(WorldgenManager.java:79)
   at factorization.common.WorldgenManager$2.generation_implementation(WorldgenManager.java:167)
   at factorization.common.WorldgenManager$2.doGeneration(WorldgenManager.java:133)
   at factorization.common.WorldgenManager$2.generate(WorldgenManager.java:96)
   at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.generateWorld(GameRegistry.java:106)
   at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderServer.java:280)
   at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76624_a(Chunk.java:1045)
   at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.originalLoadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:190)
   at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:131)
   at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:101)
   at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73154_d(ChunkProviderServer.java:199)
   at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72964_e(World.java:419)
   at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147439_a(World.java:345)
   at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147437_c(World.java:365)
   at biomesoplenty.common.world.WorldProviderSurfaceBOP.getTopBlockCoord(WorldProviderSurfaceBOP.java:42)
   at biomesoplenty.common.world.WorldProviderSurfaceBOP.func_76566_a(WorldProviderSurfaceBOP.java:14)
   at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_73052_b(WorldServer.java:748)
   at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72963_a(WorldServer.java:715)
   at net.minecraft.world.World.<init>(World.java:260)
   at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.<init>(WorldServer.java:97)
   at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:62)
   at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:92)
   at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
   at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
   at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147455_a(World.java:50534)
   at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150806_e(Chunk.java:851)
   at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150807_a(Chunk.java:660)
   at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147465_d(World.java:451)
   at factorization.common.WorldgenManager$2.set(WorldgenManager.java:79)
   at factorization.common.WorldgenManager$2.generation_implementation(WorldgenManager.java:167)
   at factorization.common.WorldgenManager$2.doGeneration(WorldgenManager.java:133)
   at factorization.common.WorldgenManager$2.generate(WorldgenManager.java:96)
   at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.generateWorld(GameRegistry.java:106)
   at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderServer.java:280)
   at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76624_a(Chunk.java:1045)
   at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.originalLoadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:190)
   at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:131)
   at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:101)
   at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73154_d(ChunkProviderServer.java:199)
   at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72964_e(World.java:419)

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Minecraft keeps crashing when trying to load the world I originally created. Creating another new world however works, so I am guessing it is tied to the seed. Creating another world with the seed below caused it to crash with the same error.

Seed : 3662442535926148535

Known Fix:

PS : Using this seed, but with world type "Biomes o' plenty" works.

Yaeger

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, this bug can happen when creating a BOP world as well. Try seed '4025406989032582977' to reproduce.

Taelisin

Jul 29, 2019
This is bugged for me as well, doesn't matter on the world type, or settings prior to generating the world, I always CTD upon trying to join or create any world, server or local. The pack was stable prior to the 1.0.2 update.

alphaone_amo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a similar issue. I want to use the same seed as Direwolf20, but when the world starts to load Minecraft Crashes: here is my error log:

Attachments

• crash-2014-12-04_13.15.22-server.txt
    32.5 KB · Views: 99

Zandaha

Jul 29, 2019
I believe this only happens since 1.02 -- sometimes when creating a new world and guarantied when using direwolf20's lets play seed to create a new world.

if you start a world using 1.01 then upgrade to 1.02 the world seems to work so far.

PrinnyDyte

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having similar problems, but only when using the Biomes O' Plenty world gen option. Might be a conflict or something there, since Default World Gen seems fine even with Direwolf20's Seed.

verid

Jul 29, 2019
Since I disabled Factorization I haven't had a crash on world creation. Anyone else want to try and confirm this as being a possible solution?

gdsgsg4g4

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE & PARTIAL FIX: I've tried a few things and it seems that if you download one of the other 1.7.10 packs (I downloaded FTBLite 3) and you replace everything in the mods folder and the config folder with the stuff in the Direwolf pack, it works fine

This is definitely a problem with the pack. It seems to be caused by the extra world gen options. I kept crashing because of the bonus chest option being enabled. Then when I disabled it, I started having crashes because of the generate structures option. The crash reports blame multiple mods, but removing the mod in question just blames the next mod (ie. first crash report says it's caused by Railcraft. Taking out Railcraft then causes it to blame Random Additions).

You would think the FTB team would at least provide an update or workaround since this is a huge problem on one of the most used packs. I'm going to try the "change to 1.0.1, create world, update to 1.0.2" trick and see if that helps

Last edited:

MaGriffw

Jul 29, 2019
Simple novice question (And feel free to just PM me the answer.) Seeing as how this is a common issue, how does one just update from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2? Are we talking about a drag/drop of the mods/configs or, in the case of a server, something more radical? Also, could someone also post where to find the versions again? I can never seem to find the page/site it's on. >.<

Thanks ahead of time,
Griff ^..^/

Yaeger

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB launcher does the updates for me, that includes backups/configs and the mods.

gdsgsg4g4

Jul 29, 2019
Simple novice question (And feel free to just PM me the answer.) Seeing as how this is a common issue, how does one just update from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2? Are we talking about a drag/drop of the mods/configs or, in the case of a server, something more radical? Also, could someone also post where to find the versions again? I can never seem to find the page/site it's on. >.<

Thanks ahead of time,
Griff ^..^/
The "1.0.1 then update to 1.0.2" didn't work for me but here is where you pick which pack update you want:
oOIyLiB.png

I only play solo on my PC so I honestly don't know what you'd have to do for servers, but I'll explain what I did to fix my problems in case it can help. What I did is download the FTBLite 3 pack shown in the picture, then just copied everything in the mods and config folders from the Direwolf pack into the newly downloaded FTBLite pack.

Everything is working perfectly for me now. I apologize if this didn't answer your question, but feel free to ask me anything else and I'll help if I can

MaGriffw

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, nailed it for me atleast. Also for servers it's identical, just set the version number and click "Download Server".
Of course, now I'll spend the next few days trying to find that perfect blend of biome types, and a decent seed for the world. (So that way I don't have to see tons of desert or extreme hills. I live in Minnesota... I see enough snow already.)

Thanks,
Griff ^..^/

gdsgsg4g4

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, nailed it for me atleast. Also for servers it's identical, just set the version number and click "Download Server".
Of course, now I'll spend the next few days trying to find that perfect blend of biome types, and a decent seed for the world. (So that way I don't have to see tons of desert or extreme hills. I live in Minnesota... I see enough snow already.)

Thanks,
Griff ^..^/
That's good to hear. I get what you're saying with the optimal seed. I'm convinced that Mojang programmed Minecraft to have an overload of snow biomes after they implemented it. I haven't played a single world in years that didn't have a huge snow biome nearby spawn

Yaeger

Jul 29, 2019
I have retested this with factorization disabled, and then seed '4025406989032582977' works (with BOP). So as far as I can tell, this seems to be caused by Factorization.

Morketid

Jul 29, 2019
I have retested this with factorization disabled, and then seed '4025406989032582977' works (with BOP). So as far as I can tell, this seems to be caused by Factorization.

I can confirm this.

I've had some troubles starting a new world, and disabling Factorization worked like a charm.
No problems on creating a new world now.

Mork

pauk960

Jul 29, 2019
I found this thread while googleing the same issue. I was creating my own modpack, without Factorization, so I would eliminate it as a culprint. (Note that even if you use the same seed, removing or adding mods will create completely different world)

I think there is some kind of conflict between BOP and Thaumcraft biomes, because right next to spawn was Magical forest biome. When I loaded the same world again, it loaded fine, without crashes.

Anyway, someone already reported the bug to Azanor, hopefully it will get fixed in the next version of Thaumcraft. https://github.com/Azanor/thaumcraft/issues/1330