[1.0.0] Modular Armour - Now configurable!

n0rw0lf

Jul 29, 2019
Woo the Baubles bug is fixed. :) Took me a while to find what mod was causing Baubles to have issues with Botania (which I didn't have)

Reactions: chbachman
C

chbachman

Guys, 1.0.0 is out!

The biggest features for this update are the new Configurability Sliders, which let you change features of the armour. e.g. Slow your character down, don't jump 10 blocks in the air.

chbachman said:
Starting work on sliders
Sliders actually change values now
Sliders now are per Armour Piece. Recipes are easier to work with.
Move files to API, to remove dependencies from the API
Improve API, Sliders now edit values
Remove Levels
Change Items to have Holders, or Logic Holders
Fix Derps, Crashing on Startup with Mod Compat.
Make Compatibility Tab Scroll
Work on bug fixes.
Rename Upgrade Protective
Derp, its max items
Refactor Holder -> UpgradeLogic
Remove Translator
Add Admin Armour, Creative Tab
Protective Upgrades now distribute.
You saw nothing
BBoldt Textures
Coloured Upgrade Framework, Logo
Update Build.gradle
Fix build.gradle
Dangit Matthew
Guis now scrolls
added wrench
Fix Explosion, clean up wrapping
Bump Version
Add changeling functionality.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeapsofFaith

Jul 29, 2019
I just had an idea: what if you added compatibility with OpenBlocks?
You could create a crafting scheme where you could make an item like the "Luggage" (considering how it would be made with them), and it creates another version of it called "Omega Luggage". The specialty could be that you can switch "pages" of inventory (max would be the number of luggages you used).

TacoGerbil

Jul 29, 2019
Question... I started reading the first several pages about your dislike about the rendering aspects and looking for textures and such? I became curious about what was possible with this mod? Reason I ask is because there are mods out there like iChuns "Tabula" that allows you to create your own models.. you can use them for other things beside his "Hats" mod... There's the "Armourer's Workshop" that allows you to craft or modify the look of armor and weapons in game.. It made me wonder if something similar was possible in your mod.. So if I wanted to craft some armor, lay out the specs or whatever for it in some text/json file.. I could then either use it in game or share it with the community to be used as armor pieces/upgrades?

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Question... I started reading the first several pages about your dislike about the rendering aspects and looking for textures and such? I became curious about what was possible with this mod? Reason I ask is because there are mods out there like iChuns "Tabula" that allows you to create your own models.. you can use them for other things beside his "Hats" mod... There's the "Armourer's Workshop" that allows you to craft or modify the look of armor and weapons in game.. It made me wonder if something similar was possible in your mod.. So if I wanted to craft some armor, lay out the specs or whatever for it in some text/json file.. I could then either use it in game or share it with the community to be used as armor pieces/upgrades?
He doesn't want it because of lag reasons.

C

chbachman

I have been looking into this, but my mod, in the end, is more focused on the functionality. Plus, Tabula doesn't have the support I need, and Techne doesn't run on my VM.

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
I take it the unblockable damage protection upgrade protects against armor penetration. Is that correct?

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, ok, thanks. In Daybreaker there are a couple of options for armor that reach or exceed 100% damage reduction, but with Difficult Life enabled, you get to the point in short order where armor penetration from a blight will one shot you with armor pen unless you have a way to prevent or mitigate it. Flying and staying at range is the best policy.

Last edited:

mao0

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone help me out.... for some reason I am unable to move any of the sliders in the upgrades' config menu or craft any of the recipes. The items are just dropped out of my inventory when I try to place them in the right side grid. I had someone else add the upgrades for me and move the sliders to max so the mod is working correctly server side but I can't make any changes.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
1. sliders seem to only be moved by mouse wheel currently
2. turn off NEI before you try and place items in the grid.

Edit: Question, does protection upgrades have to be on each piece of armor to work, or just one? Does having it on every piece do anything?

Last edited:
C

chbachman

1. sliders seem to only be moved by mouse wheel currently
2. turn off NEI before you try and place items in the grid.

Edit: Question, does protection upgrades have to be on each piece of armor to work, or just one? Does having it on every piece do anything?
The protection upgrades are limited to each armour piece.

The exact values are:

Code:
HELMET:15;

CHESTPLATE:40;

LEGS:30;

BOOTS:15;

So, if you have undead protection, then the boots will protect 15% of the total amount.

Malaclypse

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to get Modular Armour to work properly in FTB: Horizons Modpack version 1.02; I'm not sure which version of Modular Armour that is.

I've crafted a set of Modular Armour. I can bring up the GUI by right clicking with a piece in hand. I can't seem to craft most of the modular bits, though. And the things that I can craft, I can't tell if they're working.

When I open the armour GUI, I see the crafting grid on the right. If I try to click items into the grid, they just fall on the floor (with either a right click or left click). If I open the recipes, I can only click the "Add Upgrade" button on a few things. Leadstone energy works, for instance, but many of the others don't. It seems as if anything that has ore-dictionaried items in the recipe doesn't work if I click the "Add Upgrade" button. For a specific example, I cannot add the Solar Power upgrade to my helmet, even though I have all the materiels in my inventory.

Once I got the Leadstone upgrade applied to my armor, I figured I would charge it up and wear it, even though I didn't have any other modular bits working. I charged it up in a Mekanism Energy Cell, which worked fine. Then I put it on. As far as I can tell, the armor isn't supplying any protection at all when wearing it. I don't get little shield icons above my health bar (though I do get shield icons from wearing plain old Iron armor pieces), and I seem to take full damage from everything.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some trick to getting items into the module crafting grid?

C

chbachman

I can't seem to get Modular Armour to work properly in FTB: Horizons Modpack version 1.02; I'm not sure which version of Modular Armour that is.

I've crafted a set of Modular Armour. I can bring up the GUI by right clicking with a piece in hand. I can't seem to craft most of the modular bits, though. And the things that I can craft, I can't tell if they're working.

When I open the armour GUI, I see the crafting grid on the right. If I try to click items into the grid, they just fall on the floor (with either a right click or left click). If I open the recipes, I can only click the "Add Upgrade" button on a few things. Leadstone energy works, for instance, but many of the others don't. It seems as if anything that has ore-dictionaried items in the recipe doesn't work if I click the "Add Upgrade" button. For a specific example, I cannot add the Solar Power upgrade to my helmet, even though I have all the materiels in my inventory.

Once I got the Leadstone upgrade applied to my armor, I figured I would charge it up and wear it, even though I didn't have any other modular bits working. I charged it up in a Mekanism Energy Cell, which worked fine. Then I put it on. As far as I can tell, the armor isn't supplying any protection at all when wearing it. I don't get little shield icons above my health bar (though I do get shield icons from wearing plain old Iron armor pieces), and I seem to take full damage from everything.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some trick to getting items into the module crafting grid?

Turn off NEI. NEI doesn't like the slots inside the tabs.

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any restriction on upgrades that can be applied to the baubles? just scanning the recipes on a ring I see no restrictions.

C

chbachman

Is there any restriction on upgrades that can be applied to the baubles? just scanning the recipes on a ring I see no restrictions.
Some upgrades are not compatible with the ring, such as protection upgrades.