Mod Feedback [0.3.0]Magitek - And now, to destroy everything

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
So more screenshots or? :p
To be serious I'm missing quite a few screenshots of items and other cool stuff.
Which saddens me ;-;
I agree. I'd like to see more screenshots, as well.
I just realised I havent posted any screenshots on this thread... I'm a terrible person.
2015-01-22_14.28.20.png

Reactions: Padfoote

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
In my previous post, I mentioned the dark and light versions of Purity, and how each side has it's own respective armor, tools, weapons, and materials to make them. Any ideas on a good way to get the materials? Should I use the altar that already exists and modify it, or should I have separate altars for each Purity?

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
In my previous post, I mentioned the dark and light versions of Purity, and how each side has it's own respective armor, tools, weapons, and materials to make them. Any ideas on a good way to get the materials? Should I use the altar that already exists and modify it, or should I have separate altars for each Purity?
Well 2 sides 2 different ways if you ask me.
Havn't really got to play with the mod so I'll have to check later on how stuff really works sadly.
But yea Light/Dark side just need to be 2 diffrent things if you ask me :p

Svangen

Jul 29, 2019

Maybe use something that already exists, and then have a crafting recipe to turn it dark/ light. I haven't played with this mod yet, although I'd like to, so I can't be specific.

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion light should involve some sort of generic "holy blah blah blah" stuff. Dark should come from the actions of taking advantage of things. Like using the world around you and the creatures around you to your "dark" use. So having like a "Dark Alter" that can only be fueled by that stuff would be cool. (Anyone else remember taint and the soul crucible from old Thaumcraft? Yeah think like that)

Eating other creatures to gain power sounds cool to *cough cough Tokyo Ghoul reference cough cough*

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion light should involve some sort of generic "holy blah blah blah" stuff. Dark should come from the actions of taking advantage of things. Like using the world around you and the creatures around you to your "dark" use. So having like a "Dark Alter" that can only be fueled by that stuff would be cool. (Anyone else remember taint and the soul crucible from old Thaumcraft? Yeah think like that)
That sounds pretty good. I was thinking of having a way to create the altar and having a running cost, but also having altars spawn under village churches. They wouldn't be moveable, but they wouldn't have any upkeep costs.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
2015-01-25_21.41.48.png
Not under villages like I said, but they do spawn in the world and function. Everything left I plan on adding is mostly just assets and recipes. There's a few things to code but nothing major. Should have a new version out in the next week or so.

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
I still need ways to kill Squidwards in more ways. Like a summoning parasite monsters thingys from other dimensions, locking them in some dark cave and forcing the squidwards into the cave. (I say squidwards because for the life of my I can't spell testificate)

(*Also this was a nudge/hint/suggestion for being able to summon monsters(reference- the bugs from king kong) on the magic side or create them on the science side if you take the "impure" route.)

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I still need ways to kill Squidwards in more ways. Like a summoning parasite monsters thingys from other dimensions, locking them in some dark cave and forcing the squidwards into the cave. (I say squidwards because for the life of my I can't spell testificate)

(*Also this was a nudge/hint/suggestion for being able to summon monsters(reference- the bugs from king kong) on the magic side or create them on the science side if you take the "impure" route.)
If I do anything like that, it would be a simple block that damages anything that walks on it. I've considered mobs, but they're a real pain to code if you do anything that is extruciatingly simple.

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
If I do anything like that, it would be a simple block that damages anything that walks on it. I've considered mobs, but they're a real pain to code if you do anything that is extruciatingly simple.
Well blocks that hurt things work wonders too. I know I loved the old soul crucibles from old Thaumcraft, and how they gave me the feel of gaining power from a darker route.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I added some armor too.
cb10a79495.png
430ba40fe5.png
2d2cbdb173.png
1fd4323c47.png
Need some feedback on the textures, particularly the Pure Armor.

Reactions: Yusunoha

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
Those colours are, perhaps, a bit too vibrantly different. It makes me thing many things, but 'pure' isn't one of them. If I'm thinking pure, the colours I think of are white and silver, though gold could work with it as well.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Those colours are, perhaps, a bit too vibrantly different. It makes me thing many things, but 'pure' isn't one of them. If I'm thinking pure, the colours I think of are white and silver, though gold could work with it as well.
It's a bit hard to differentiate between white and silver whith pixels, so I went with white/goldish.
2015-02-15_20.08.23.png
2015-02-15_20.08.25.png

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Broken image is broken

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
The final one looks way better from the start product. The taint should take advantage of purple and black. Other then that it looks fine

Reactions: SynfulChaot