Mod Feedback [0.3.0]Magitek - And now, to destroy everything

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
rFvaLmu.png

Magitek is a mod for Minecraft that adds technology to the game in a way that presents itself as magic, giving players the power to control and shape the world around them, as well as it's many creatures, as they see fit.

Successful technomancers can control the magical aspects, granting them powers to take down their enemies, or focus on the technological aspect of Magitek, granting them a near limitless source of power to fuel machines they can use to conquer the world. Only the truly powerful players can successfully harness both sides of magic, making them near godlike.

Of course, the player can choose either side of Magitek, each side making the opposite a bit easier to grasp than before. Machines lead to more power to use for spells, while rituals allow advanced items that help obtain the means to create more machines.

However, there is a place where magic and technology clash, forcing you to choose your side. The location of this place is known to few, all whom have dissapeared. Maybe, after some research, you might be able to find it's location.

So I've finally released Magitek Woohoo!

Here's a link to my website. Here's a link to the Curse page. It'll be upkept better than most wikis you'll find, and carry a bit more information as well as the current download. I'll eventually be moving it over to Curse, but for whatever reason you don't want to deal with them, my site will always have a Dropbox with the recent builds in it, including changelogs for every version.

Let's get a few items of business down before we get started.
  • Added: Thermal Generator
  • Added: Destruction Generator
  • Added: Item Discharger
  • Added: Mass Constructor
  • Added: Altars now emit particle effects when destroying their items.
  • Change: Deactivation Sigils now pick up any machine or generator.
  • Change: Macht Crystals picked up with Deactivation Sigils will retain Macht stored.
  • Change: Default range config changed.
  • Change: Spells are now bound with sneak right clicking.
  • Change: Spells can be cast by simply right clicking with a binder in hand.
  • Change: Macht Crystal recoloring.
  • Change: API for blocks that can transfer energy. May become config later.
  • Change: All machines/generators can be turned off with redstone.
  • Fix: Blocks now drop their inventories correctly.
  • Fix: Inventories not working with automation.
  • Fix: A rituals not outputting correctly.
  • Initial Release
Modpacks
To be frank, do what you want, I just like a heads up. If you want to add it to a public pack without asking, go ahead, just don't expect me to be too friendly if you come asking for help because something broke. If you ask, I will help you as best I can. I respect people who respect me and my creations.

Liscence

Magitek is under the Creative Commons Liscence 1.0. Read abou it here.
On top of that, my github is here. The api is indeed functionally, but is not fully supported yet. It's very unstable and is likely to change. If you wish to use it for anything, please talk to me first. If you go about and start using my api without notifying me first, I will not help you when your mod breaks because you did something wrong.

So this is a discussion thread.
What would you like to see?
What should be changed/improved?
(More questions and stuff).
If you have any questions at all, do not refrain from asking.

Last edited:

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I may find it hard to resist adding this to my world - loving both the aesthetics and the lore.

Reactions: SynfulChaot

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I may find it hard to resist adding this to my world - loving both the aesthetics and the lore.
I would like to include some kind of guide book that adds some lore with research elements to make it a bit more interesting. Not standard, "research this to craft this", but I want information to unlock when you research something, but you don't need research to do jack shit, It's just nice to have.

Reactions: SynfulChaot

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to include some kind of guide book that adds some lore with research elements to make it a bit more interesting. Not standard, "research this to craft this", but I want information to unlock when you research something, but you don't need research to do jack shit, It's just nice to have.
:O I want this all the more now, that's a really good idea. How were you planning on implementing research out of interest?

Moridin

Jul 29, 2019
Considering I've been wanting to make a modpack based around this kind of idea, this is bloody perfect. 10/10, would rate again.

Seriously, though. Ever since Technomancy, I've been looking forward to your next mod, and this one does not disappoint.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
", all who have dissapeared." ==> ", all of whom have disappeared"

if you would be so kind.
[/grammarczar]

:)

So, what's this mod "do"? Gimme a scenario. Pretend I have, i dunno, thermal expansion and I'm doing something, where does your mod fit in and what can I accomplish with it?

I'm more interested in the tek than the magi, so when you say I can "fuel machines", are you talking about your machines? What machines?

Consider my obtuseness & ignorance an opportunity for you to flesh our your thoughts :)

Reactions: glepet1962

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
:O I want this all the more now, that's a really good idea. How were you planning on implementing research out of interest?
If you craft something or encounter some structure, it will unlock the research for it explaining what it does and what you can do with it. So by crafting some runes, it will unlock the Runic Constructor and Generator and show you how to craft them.
:)

So, what's this mod "do"? Gimme a scenario. Pretend I have, i dunno, thermal expansion and I'm doing something, where does your mod fit in and what can I accomplish with it?

I'm more interested in the tek than the magi, so when you say I can "fuel machines", are you talking about your machines? What machines?

Consider my obtuseness & ignorance an opportunity for you to flesh our your thoughts :)
Pardon my language, but you currently can't do jack shit as far as tech goes. You could start some infrastructure, but you wouldn't get much use out of it in the tech department. Right now, there's a lot of framework down, but not much use for it. If you want magic, there's some spells you can make and use, but that's about it.

This will change heavily in the future. There will be ways to transport items easily, ways to gather resources quickly and efficiently, and hopefully more fun innovative stuff. My current goal is to add some very flexible devices that you can use for all sorts of things and not just one certain task, something that you can really get innovative with and build some really unique stuff. But that's down the road a ways and I have no idea how long it's going to take to get there.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
You know, seeing your mod's name filled me with glee but upon seeing what it does disappoints me. :(
Not that it is a bad idea or badly done. But rather, the name gave me some unrealistic expectation.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
You know, seeing your mod's name filled me with glee but upon seeing what it does disappoints me. :(
Not that it is a bad idea or badly done. But rather, the name gave me some unrealistic expectation.
What did you expect it to be? Come on. Spit it out.

Moridin

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason, I feel Pierce expected it to be based around Final Fantasy VI's Magitek armor and whatnot. That's the only thing I can think of. *shrug*

Reactions: PierceSG

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason, I feel Pierce expected it to be based around Final Fantasy VI's Magitek armor and whatnot. That's the only thing I can think of. *shrug*
Ah. Didn't know that was a thing. Never played any of the FFs.