Mod Feedback [0.3.0]Magitek - And now, to destroy everything

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm working on a wireless form of item transfer, but there's no filter right now. Would people be interested in a hopper-esque block that could be filtered and is also rotatable?

Reactions: VapourDrive

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
0.1.0 is out! Downloads have been moved to the Curse Forge website. No, I don't care if Curse is evil.

• Added: Thermal Generator
  • Added: Destruction Generator
  • Added: Item Discharger
  • Added: Mass Constructor
  • Added: Altars now emit particle effects when destroying their items.
  • Change: Deactivation Sigils now pick up any machine or generator.
  • Change: Macht Crystals picked up with Deactivation Sigils will retain Macht stored.
  • Change: Default range config changed.
  • Change: Spells are now bound with sneak right clicking.
  • Change: Spells can be cast by simply right clicking with a binder in hand.
  • Change: Macht Crystal recoloring.
  • Change: API for blocks that can transfer energy. May become config later.
  • Change: All machines/generators can be turned off with redstone.
  • Fix: Blocks now drop their inventories correctly.
  • Fix: Inventories not working with automation.
  • Fix: A rituals not outputting correctly.
[DOUBLEPOST=1410739876][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, documentation is further along as is slowing coming along. I'm also working on NEI stuff so you can check recipes that way.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
cf47c7f464.jpg

I have a feeling this is going to be helpful.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Magitek 0.2 is out! Now you know how to recipe!

• Added: Nei Compatibility
  • Fix: I maybe might have possibly kinda fixed the client/server crashes.

Reactions: SynfulChaot

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Alright ladies and gentlemen, now that I'm back, I'm doing reworking Magitek a tid smidgeon. Before, there was the "purity" system. Positive purity was good, and negative purity was bad. That's going to change a bit. Now, most/all generators will create some kind of purity, either positive or negative. Neither is bad, they just have different uses. Each side of purity will have it's own armor, weapons, tools, and spells to use. Having a higher tier of purity as well as having a completely neutral purity will have better perks. For example, wearing "Purified Armor" while having a high positive purity will grant you increased healing and resitances. Higher tiers can be gained by holding more purity. However, once you've reached a certain tier, you cannot drop down or switch tiers without a certain item that can only be achieved later in the game. There will also be high tier machines that can only be gotten when you are at a higher tier of purity.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated!

efefe48

Jul 29, 2019
This seems interesting...But ill wait until release.
For now i will wait...i'll wait...

Svangen

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have any documentation on this mod? I looked at the website and it didn't provide a lot of info. Thnx

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
I have for a few simple things I really want in a mod, and I feel this mod could handle all relatively well.

1.Easy leaf remover/deforest-er. Trees are nice. Trees being shoved down my throat are not nice.

2.Biome Changer- At least let us alter a biome to a vanilla one, I love the look of jungle grass, but as previously mentioned, having trees shoved my my throat makes me sad

3. Pew pew laz0rs for days. Pew.

4. Gentic modification/body ritual alterations- With pros and cons to everything, like say permanent water breathing, but if you go past a certain altitude you take damage like drowning.

5. Moar ways to kill the squidwards.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I have for a few simple things I really want in a mod, and I feel this mod could handle all relatively well.

1.Easy leaf remover/deforest-er. Trees are nice. Trees being shoved down my throat are not nice.

2.Biome Changer- At least let us alter a biome to a vanilla one, I love the look of jungle grass, but as previously mentioned, having trees shoved my my throat makes me sad

3. Pew pew laz0rs for days. Pew.

4. Gentic modification/body ritual alterations- With pros and cons to everything, like say permanent water breathing, but if you go past a certain altitude you take damage like drowning.

5. Moar ways to kill the squidwards.
I like the ideas, but the only problem with permanent modifications is, well, the permanent part. Having major cons to choosing a permanent action is extremely detrimental, and most people won't go for it. If I were to do it, I'd hve to make the pros outweight the cons by a long shot, or make it removeable, but just a pain to do so. And the trees thing gave me an idea for something, so I'm gonna go do that.

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
I like the ideas, but the only problem with permanent modifications is, well, the permanent part. Having major cons to choosing a permanent action is extremely detrimental, and most people won't go for it. If I were to do it, I'd hve to make the pros outweight the cons by a long shot, or make it removeable, but just a pain to do so. And the trees thing gave me an idea for something, so I'm gonna go do that.
I didn't mean permanent as in you can't get rid of it, but that it doesn't time out like a potion, sorry I should have clarified.

Svangen

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't mean permanent as in you can't get rid of it, but that it doesn't time out like a potion, sorry I should have clarified.

You could have the player lose the effects when they die or something like that. You could also have a ritual or spent hug that removed all/ targeted abilities that you've gained.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
You could have the player lose the effects when they die or something like that. You could also have a ritual or spent hug that removed all/ targeted abilities that you've gained.
Probably both. You could remove it at any time, but death would remove it too.

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
So more screenshots or? :p
To be serious I'm missing quite a few screenshots of items and other cool stuff.
Which saddens me ;-;