[0.12.0] 1.7.10: Technomancy Discussion Thread

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
well that sucks! how am i soposed to figure it out with vauge hints?
Well the Thaumonomicon entry is pretty specific. It tells you how to place them, how much energy they need, what type of essentia you need to put in it, etc.

What it doesn't tell you is how much of each essentia to put in them. It is a combination of how much total essentia, and the ratio of Aurum vs Vitium that determines the strength and type of node you get.

That is the part that is left for the player to figure out.

If you must have a hint, 510 is a great number.

Reactions: theflogat

Dracolgold

Jul 29, 2019
Well the Thaumonomicon entry is pretty specific. It tells you how to place them, how much energy they need, what type of essentia you need to put in it, etc.

What it doesn't tell you is how much of each essentia to put in them. It is a combination of how much total essentia, and the ratio of Aurum vs Vitium that determines the strength and type of node you get.

That is the part that is left for the player to figure out.

If you must have a hint, 510 is a great number.
ok thank you.
how bout a easy one i cant figer out how do i put essentia in it?

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Via essentia tubes connected to the back. If it wont accept the essentia, then you are either giving it the wrong one or it is positioned wrong.

Last edited:

Dracolgold

Jul 29, 2019
hay i made a little tut for setup and adding to nodes with node fabricator. its not that great my first video. its at
im not tring to step on enney toes just making it easyr for dummies like me.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have received approval from theflogat to do some maintenance releases for 1.7.10 while he works on 1.8.

So, sometime in the near future you should see some bug fixes coming your way! HORAY!!!!!

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Technomancy 0.12.2 is released!

This is a full release, and has been approved by @theflogat.

You can get it here: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/technomancy/files/2268824

Changelog:
- Added config setting to disable HUD (mysterious green bar)
- Fixed HUD so it does not display above menus, GUI's, debug info, etc.
- Orderly Lamp can now find an Infusion Matrix in the same plane
- Added support for importing and exporting Essentia with Thaumic Energistics for all Essentia containing blocks
(NOTE: Due to an issue in Thaumic Energistic this can cause some Essentia to be lost when exporting. Under normal circumstances the amount lost is small. This issue is not unique to Technomancy and could happen with any modded Essentia containing block.)
- Fixed an issue where the amount of Essentia in a condenser was incorrectly displayed by the Goggles of Revealing
- Eldritch Consumer now quarries from top to bottom
- Eldritch Consumer will now place stone blocks at the outside of quarried area as needed to stop water/lava flow (yes this could be used to farm stone/terra... Oh Well)
- Eldritch Consumer no longer tries to "mine" liquid blocks, the are destroyed instead.
- Eldritch Consumer will now kill any non-player mob in the quarry area, causing them to drop items as appropriate for a non-player kill (Keep your pets out of the quarry!)
- Eldritch Consumer will attempt to consume any items in the quarry area including mob drops, items dropped from chests, etc.
- Fixed an issue that cause the Eldritch Consumer to stall. I'm not sure this is totally fixed, so let me know if it happens.
- Fixed several issues with labeled Quantum Jars. Let me know if the labels misbehave!
- Fixed an NEI issue that caused a "phantom" Iron Capped Wooden Wand to be added by Technomancy
- Blood Fabricator will now automatically fill adjacent tanks
- Changed the way the Essentia Coil scanned for blocks that require special handling (Thaumatorium, Buffer, etc)
- Essentia Coil now works with the Arcane Bore and even displays a connector similar to the Arcane Lamp when connected to the Bore
- Fixed issue that prevented a pipe connection from being displayed between an Essentia Coil and Essentia Buffer
- Updated the Thaumonomicon entry for the Essentia Coil with additional information about the Thaumatorium and using Buffers to connect to "problem" blocks

Last edited:

Nigelcheese

Jul 29, 2019
So I just had an idea, no idea on if its possible or whether you would like it, but blood magic lp networks have been bugging me recently about certain things.
firstly versatility, was playing hypovolemia and I didn't realize how dependent my system is on my orb being full, before we can craft things, and so when my friend basically drained my entire network through the catalyst, I was rather annoyed at having to wait to be able to do anything
so my idea was a thing called a technomancers sanguine orb or tech augmented blood orb ( I really don't care I just like the name so ill call It that) which basically allows you to upgrade any of the current orbs (i.e. upgrading weak will get you a tech augmented orb: weak) and these store the exact same amount of blood and do very simply the exact same thing until you begin working with its gui (whether this be via a table or simply shift right clicking) in this interface you will find yourself being able to section of multiple tanks within the orb, these tanks can take priority over one another or simply be round robin, then these tanks can be changed to have specific frequencies, now (idk if you would like to use like a tech augmented activation crystal or what) you can then put any item bound to you on any of these frequencies, so say you have 3 frequencies, then you can bind your activation crystal to one and make it rituals, the other can be your bound armour and sigils, and then the last be your alchemy. lastly the more frequencies and tanks segmented and more complicated transfers (as in you can do maybe if/or/and statements within this idk) the more rf it requires to stay stable and working, you can input a simple capacitor or battery to it and recharge it every once and a while or you can create a specified charger thing, designed for filling with both lp and rf and charging the orb with both. also allow the orb upgrades on the person as well, such as it will drain your health into the network when set to it and you can use thermal expansion or mechanism or of course it can consume blood magic runes, for upgrades with capacity, lp per heart, speed at which it charges with both lp and rf, rf efficiency, and also (almost forgot this one) if its weak then the transfer rate and segmented tanks are much harder to work and require a lot more power or else it will fluctuate in quite a large range until you get to tier 5 (this fluctuation range will become smaller and smaller with each tier) so the tanks might bleed into each other or the transfer rate might go too high or too low also weak orbs have less upgrades or are less efficient in using them.

lastly and I'm sure you have been asked this, upgrades (maybe bound whether to you or an altar itself) blood letters pack, allowing better blood generation and allowing it to be put on perhaps as a bauble or simply in your inventory, with extra runes or tech upgrades slotted in it to increase its abilities. can require power depending on the pretext of the object itself (like bloodomatic 3000 I would assume to require energy off the bat) and upgrades

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
This would only be possible by rewriting blood magic's base essence system which is something I cannot. Maybe if you suggest this to BM's author he will try to do something.

As for upgrades the amount of blood generated is calculated by the altar which means I cannot make it better with an item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nigelcheese

Jul 29, 2019
This would only be possible by rewriting blood magic's base essence system which is something I cannot. Maybe if you suggest this to BM's author he will try to do something.

As for upgrades the amount of blood generated is calculated by the altar which means I cannot make it better with an item.

Oh well, thank you for replying so quickly I absolutely love this mod.

D

Daforsyth

Is their anyway to find out more about rituals? I found a villager who's immortal with an artifact and want to extract it but the book just shows a vague black outline. Got no clue on what blocks to make it out of.

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
There is a ritual of extraction which you can find under the rituals tab.

The pattern is an earth core, two rings of black crystals and a ring of white crystals.

D

Daforsyth

Thanks! I'm not completely understanding the ritual system but this is a huge help. Thanks for responding quickly too! :D