[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to drink without a camel pack or how to refill one in the latest version? I've tried water bottles and putting water bottles with the camel pack, but that doesn't seem to work now. This happening to anyone else or do I just have a messed up save? I have a completely clean install and just restarted the modpack because of all the new updates.

Bottles of fresh water in crafting grid with camel pack seem to work. They can be obtained by smelting bottle of salt water or using the snow block -> mariculture anvil -> mariculture vat -> craft with leaves method outlined in the quest book.

y8ycgl

Jul 29, 2019
bonus mini bug: drinking water from the adventure backpack does not cure thirst.

also if anyone figures out how to turn heartbeat off in realistic pain let me know.

Kapakx

Jul 29, 2019
The leaves -> blacksmith anvil gives me Water Bottle 373 and I thought that was right. You have to mash the leaves then combine them with glass bottles and dry rack those, then use them in a crafting table to get clean water. That or go the snow block route. My bad, I wasn't paying attention to the NEI metadata. Thanks though

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Someone mentioned earlier about the enderman quest line being bugged, and I can confirm. I especially paid attention to the tags, and after killing a plain "Enderman", the counter stayed at 0.

Elysium

Jul 29, 2019
I have been experiencing a lot of rubber banding with movement lately, and it makes the game near unplayable because it is so annoying. My character will move forward 5 blocks and then get teleported back one block, or roughly anyway.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
There should be SOME way of being able to get sugar cane if you didn't choose it in that early mission. It's needed to make the rune of fire in botania, which pretty much makes the mod useless if you don't have one. I'm going to cheat one in, but that's hardly a solution for this pack.

exochris

Jul 29, 2019
I have been experiencing a lot of rubber banding with movement lately, and it makes the game near unplayable because it is so annoying. My character will move forward 5 blocks and then get teleported back one block, or roughly anyway.
Try putting your render distance down to 3, put all the graphics on low, go into the weather config and turn them to low or off (it's in the in game menu), disable mods the mods that are said on the first page, and you should get a bit better fps. Also one thing I've found is that if you use the essence berries then you get rubberbanding, along with a few other items like lily pads. Hope this helps mate.

There should be SOME way of being able to get sugar cane if you didn't choose it in that early mission. It's needed to make the rune of fire in botania, which pretty much makes the mod useless if you don't have one. I'm going to cheat one in, but that's hardly a solution for this pack.
I think, check it in nei, that you can get seeds and stuff from triple compressed dirt, so you might be able to get sugar can seeds too!

y8ycgl

Jul 29, 2019
This is probably from the essence berrys you eat for experience. that tends to cause this. relog any time you have this issue.
i believe someone stated earlier that there is a chance of it from the mystery seeds and triple compressed dirt.

Elysium

Jul 29, 2019
Try putting your render distance down to 3, put all the graphics on low, go into the weather config and turn them to low or off (it's in the in game menu), disable mods the mods that are said on the first page, and you should get a bit better fps. Also one thing I've found is that if you use the essence berries then you get rubberbanding, along with a few other items like lily pads. Hope this helps mate.
Where did I mention anything about lag? Since you seem to be unaware of what rubber banding actually is, here you go. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rubberbanding

Elysium

Jul 29, 2019
This is probably from the essence berrys you eat for experience. that tends to cause this. relog any time you have this issue.
I do use essence berries but relogging never seemed to help, so maybe thats another issue. After thinking about it, I believe I've narrowed it down to being related with MyFit. Going to do a little more digging and I'll let you guys know.

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
Wonders if the killing enderman quest is registering on others' quest? Mine is stuck at 0/30 when I killed 4.

Are you killing Endermen or Endermen slaves?

They are boss mobs x_X

I hunted for days and killed about 20 endermen, most of whom were slaves (i can't actually verify that any weren't, I only remember slaves), but i never got a single one counted for the quest. I finally just /hqm edit the quest because it was broken. If the only endermen that spawn are slaves, then.......

Also for some reason enderman slaves won't drop heads (not with The Ender or beheading/fortune), which is tough for me since i can't find regular endermen.

IInfernal mobs is jacked up. every one i encounter has 5 or more modifiers. I encountered a teleporting blaze that hit me with lightning, poison, fire, blindness, and wither, and launched me into the air (And this is hitting it with arrows) Oh and 500 hp on top of that. The actual wither is easier than that (though not the forced infernal wither you get in this pack).

But I'm not complaining about that, it's the fact that I'm expected to put the game in peaceful to deal with it, rather than giving me in game ways to manage it. Farming mobs is something you absolutely need to survive this pack.

And why is it that as bad as these guys are, the best they ever drop is armor or cookies?

Elysium

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so it was the essence berries, but relogging does not fix it. You have to completely restart the game, which is not an ideal solution. MyFit does have a speed bug, but perhaps it is something else entirely.

I can't quite figure out why essence berries would be causing this, pretty odd.

Last edited:

BrowserXL

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. I have a problem here. I have died (oh wonder *G*) and after breaking up the gravestone I got my stuff back except for the MyFit (which I remember to have read is a known bug).
I cheated one back in, since getting away from Creepers at normal speed is rather difficult. The problem is that when I put it back in place, it doesn't register with the character. So I don't get any bonuses and it doesn't work towards them.

My question is now:
1. How can I get it to work again?

or

2. Which mod do I have to disable in order to get my normal vanilla moving speed back?

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. I have a problem here. I have died (oh wonder *G*) and after breaking up the gravestone I got my stuff back except for the MyFit (which I remember to have read is a known bug).
I cheated one back in, since getting away from Creepers at normal speed is rather difficult. The problem is that when I put it back in place, it doesn't register with the character. So I don't get any bonuses and it doesn't work towards them.

My question is now:
1. How can I get it to work again?

or

2. Which mod do I have to disable in order to get my normal vanilla moving speed back?

The quest book makes myfit quest re-doable. Maybe that would give you back the stats.

Veniel

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

I just played Blast Off for an hour or 2 and my camel packs ran out.. I tried to refill them by putting 1-to-4 glass bottles filled with water (salt water cooked in a furnace to produce normal water) into a crafting station together with the camel pack but I can't get anything out of it. I can manually craft a camel pack with a full bottle of water, but that costs 8 leather and only fills the camel pack to 25%. I see no recipes in NEI for refilling a camel pack. Any ideas what went wrong or how to fix it? Working as designed?

Redominus

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so it was the essence berries, but relogging does not fix it. You have to completely restart the game, which is not an ideal solution. MyFit does have a speed bug, but perhaps it is something else entirely.

I can't quite figure out why essence berries would be causing this, pretty odd.

Essence berries and throwing items like eggs. Try sleeping instead of restarting the game. It works for me.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

I just played Blast Off for an hour or 2 and my camel packs ran out.. I tried to refill them by putting 1-to-4 glass bottles filled with water (salt water cooked in a furnace to produce normal water) into a crafting station together with the camel pack but I can't get anything out of it. I can manually craft a camel pack with a full bottle of water, but that costs 8 leather and only fills the camel pack to 25%. I see no recipes in NEI for refilling a camel pack. Any ideas what went wrong or how to fix it? Working as designed?
Please read the hydration quests... Use fresh water to refill the camel pack...