[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

Tokoshoran

Jul 29, 2019
Mariculture was removed just before public release of the pack because it's an unfinished mod with no developer around anymore.
This is quite unfortunate... If somebody were to pick it up, would you consider adding it? (Probably my favorite "agriculture" mod out there, even if it's also technology and magic)

Reactions: Crhymez

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
This is quite unfortunate... If somebody were to pick it up, would you consider adding it? (Probably my favorite "agriculture" mod out there, even if it's also technology and magic)
i agree with this, it was a nice change from forestry bees.
Also who can say no to the mario sunshine like item it used to propel players

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I scanned an oak log with the Thaumometer yesterday in the v1.0.1 pack. Also you should submit bug reports to the mod author, not the modpack author.
I just thought I should report it here, since I'm using the latest version (1.0.6) of TDT pack and the issue doesn't happen with just Thaumcraft. If it's some config charge or custom mod (like the one TDT uses) then there is nothing Azanor (Thaumcraft author) could do about it. I don't think there is harm by reporting it here.

Usmeaglefan

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. I wish we had more mods for the pack to give more options for players. Mariculture would be nice, and so would mods like Witchery, Mekanism, and Modular Powersuits.

kekkxo

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I just want to quickly say that I really like this pack and it's direction! However, ever since updating my server from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4 and every version since has been "crashing" every five minutes. It's not really crashing as it is restarting, because it doesn't generate any crash log. I have talked to the support of the server I'm using and concluded it's not on their end, at least according to them. This is by installing different versions and mods and having them installing it for me. So, there must be something that a mod in the modpack is messing up for me. Has anyone else experienced and know what to do to fix it? I would really appreciate any help I can get! I'm sorry about not using pastebin but apparently it's offline. http://wikisend.com/download/149530/fml-server-3.log

Thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited:

Tokoshoran

Jul 29, 2019
So I find a bunch of trees where part of the branches are made of 64K Crafting Storage items. What's up with that? Version 1.0.6
http://imgur.com/hi8uNoW
What kind of trees are they to start with? I don't recognize that purple wood...
Hello! I just want to quickly say that I really like this pack and it's direction! However, ever since updating my server from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4 and every version since has been "crashing" every five minutes. It's not really crashing as it is restarting, because it doesn't generate any crash log. I have talked to the support of the server I'm using and concluded it's not on their end, at least according to them. This is by installing different versions and mods and having them installing it for me. So, there must be something that a mod in the modpack is messing up for me. Has anyone else experienced and know what to do to fix it? I would really appreciate any help I can get! I'm sorry about not using pastebin but apparently it's offline. http://wikisend.com/download/149530/fml-server-3.log

Thanks a lot in advance!
Have you tried starting a new world? It might be all the old data is conflicting with the new pack.

Eniac

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of trees are they to start with? I don't recognize that purple wood...
The purple blocks are Fluix Blocks from Applied Energistic 2.
I've added another screenshot. http://i.imgur.com/DnNwUnG.jpg
It seems like a really weird glitch where part of the trees are made from the wrong blocks. I don't know if item IDs has been messed up in that chunk.

I tried to recreate the world but I didn't see these blocks at that location again, though I did tp to the coordinates instead of going there which i did the first time.
I tried to take some of the blocks and I did get the block shown, and not just some wooden block.

Canofcorn777

Jul 29, 2019
[BUG] squeezing any of the resin(liquid) bearing logs will give you sap. I need that resin for my polish i cant woodwork with out my polish.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
The purple blocks are Fluix Blocks from Applied Energistic 2.
I've added another screenshot. http://i.imgur.com/DnNwUnG.jpg
It seems like a really weird glitch where part of the trees are made from the wrong blocks. I don't know if item IDs has been messed up in that chunk.

I tried to recreate the world but I didn't see these blocks at that location again, though I did tp to the coordinates instead of going there which i did the first time.
I tried to take some of the blocks and I did get the block shown, and not just some wooden block.

I've had that happen once in another modpack a while ago. It's just some weird ID conflict in a chunk. Can happen when you update the pack and IDs change or get shifted around. I had giant redwood trees, and after an update all their leaves turned into pistons. Was very industrial looking, so I just left it and never stole any of the cheaty pistons. Another time I had a tree have all its leaves turn into Hoppers with a facing value of 7 (not a valid facing direction). I dropped an item in one of the hoppers and the server crashed and would keep crashing whenever that chunk was rendered, so I had to use MCedit to fix it and never touch it again.

WauloK

Jul 29, 2019
Is this some weird mod's test output?

[18:48:31] [Server thread/INFO]: 0
[18:48:48] [Server thread/INFO]: 0
[18:48:53] [Server thread/INFO]: 0
[18:48:54] [Server thread/INFO]: 0
[18:48:55] [Server thread/INFO]: 0
[18:48:55] [Server thread/INFO]: 0
[18:48:56] [Server thread/INFO]: 0
[18:49:43] [Server thread/INFO]: 0

WauloK

Jul 29, 2019
One of my players went through the Twilight Portal and everyone was booted from the server. Is this a known issue for Twilight?

[21:24:02] [Server thread/INFO]: Player touched the portal block. Sending the player to dimension 7
[21:24:12] [Server thread/INFO]: Drawing entrance
[21:24:12] [Server thread/INFO]: Drawing entrance at -12002, 30, -11746
[21:24:22] [Server thread/INFO]: [TwilightForest] Found ideal portal spot
[21:24:23] [Server thread/INFO]: bird54 lost connection: Disconnected
[21:24:23] [Server thread/INFO]: bird54 left the game.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
One of my players went through the Twilight Portal and everyone was booted from the server. Is this a known issue for Twilight?

[21:24:02] [Server thread/INFO]: Player touched the portal block. Sending the player to dimension 7
[21:24:12] [Server thread/INFO]: Drawing entrance
[21:24:12] [Server thread/INFO]: Drawing entrance at -12002, 30, -11746
[21:24:22] [Server thread/INFO]: [TwilightForest] Found ideal portal spot
[21:24:23] [Server thread/INFO]: bird54 lost connection: Disconnected
[21:24:23] [Server thread/INFO]: bird54 left the game.
Yeah, you should create a public portal and keep the destination loaded.

ariosos

Jul 29, 2019
Every single update I always have to go and unbind the grave key so I don't heal all the time. Why does this always revert from updates? Does the config constantly change every update so it needs to be reset or something? Annoying. :(

I've have this problem, too. I added in a few other mods, like Morph (I like being able to fit into 1 high spaces for my wiring). Every time I morph (the ` key), it heals me. I thought it was maybe that mod until I read your post. How do you unbind it? There's only 1 key bound to "GRAVE" in-game, and that doesn't seem to solve it.
'
Also, what I like to do before each update is to make a copy of my config and mods folders. Then, when I apply the update, I use a tool like "WinMerge" to examine the differences in the config files. This way, I can easily see which changes I've made, and what ones I can copy back over. I never do a direct copy since lines in the config files can change (and can change based on different inter-mod settings).

I'm also trying to track down the mod that added recipes to the Inscriber Presses (the ones you need a meteor to find). Being a builder, I don't like meteors scarring the terrain. :)

EDIT: Think I found it - it's a script file + Mod Tweaker. Although, I think the Inscriber Press recipes should be a little bit harder (i.e., using a Pure/Charged Certus Quartz Crystal instead of a normal one, items from other mods etc.).

Last edited:

LemonTurtle

Jul 29, 2019
Can some one help me fix some problems I have with this mod pack? They're all texture issues and I don't know why they keep happening or how to fix them.