ReactorCraft - clever reactor setups?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

LoaTBaC

Jul 29, 2019
Computercraft doesn't seem to have any methods for interfacing with Reactorcraft that I could find. I might try some other things later, like maybe checking the frequency of steam production to find the temperature? If there is a solution, I doubt it will be very elegant. :(

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nod, steam isn't reliable. All it takes is a failed water-source to kill the steam rate (which would have the interesting side-effect of conveying: "we need more steam, more heat!" into your equation at the worst possible time :p

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Do you know where I could find any documentation for interfacing with the reactor blocks?
ReactorCraft does not specifically address it like RotaryCraft does, however, any reasonable functions from RotaryCraft are applicable to ReactorCraft as well. In this case, the "getTemperature()" usable on the Friction heater, Blast Furnace, and so on is also usable on any reactor-core ReactorCraft block.

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
Will there ever be some way to interact with reactor machines (or any rotarycraft machines either) without the use of ComputerCraft? Maybe some redstone strength output or something? Bundled cable compatibility?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Does OpenComputers work with your mods' blocks in later versions?
It is currently broken, but will be fixed in v3.

Also, I just slightly modified the neutron mechanics. Waste neutrons can "kickstart" a fuel core (or breeder core), but cannot perform actual fuel-conversion or fluid irradiation operations.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It is currently broken, but will be fixed in v3.

Also, I just slightly modified the neutron mechanics. Waste neutrons can "kickstart" a fuel core (or breeder core), but cannot perform actual fuel-conversion or fluid irradiation operations.
Reika I read that to suggest we cannot use waste to create tritium and plutonium, can you clarify/confirm? ( I think it makes a ton of sense, I just want clarity )

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
That is not a useful way to read temperature.
Maybe there could be something like a redstone output when the machine has reached it's standard or max temperature? Like neutron absorbers emitting at close to 1000C, Hydrogen preheaters emitting once at 150 million C, blast furnace emitting at 600C, magnetic containment pipes emitting when full.

If this isn't a real possibility, since WAILA tooltips is able to show most of this data, is there some sort of public hook available that would make it possible to design an add-on to Reactorcraft similar to Nuclear control?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Maybe there could be something like a redstone output when the machine has reached it's standard or max temperature? Like neutron absorbers emitting at close to 1000C, Hydrogen preheaters emitting once at 150 million C, blast furnace emitting at 600C, magnetic containment pipes emitting when full.

If this isn't a real possibility, since WAILA tooltips is able to show most of this data, is there some sort of public hook available that would make it possible to design an add-on to Reactorcraft similar to Nuclear control?
While it is possible, it is not useful. Temperature varies too wildly and the "desired" temperature of a setup is too variable for any system to be meaningful.

choco218

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys ! i've been working on a huge fission reactor for a while now. fact is, i got an issue with transfer nodes, and need to find another way to feed those boilers. I'm playing with the idea of me fluid, but can't find any ideas for the input... would pumps from BC be enough input ? got 32 fuel cores on 2 levels of 4 squares of 4 cores...

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
hey guys ! i've been working on a huge fission reactor for a while now. fact is, i got an issue with transfer nodes, and need to find another way to feed those boilers. I'm playing with the idea of me fluid, but can't find any ideas for the input... would pumps from BC be enough input ? got 32 fuel cores on 2 levels of 4 squares of 4 cores...
What trouble have you had with transfer nodes? If they're not running fast enough, you can always add more speed and world interaction upgrades. If it starts to lag your computer too much, you might be better off replacing the transfer pipes with ME P2P tunnels.

Place a P2P tunnel adjacent to your transfer node, then click it with a bucket, some other fluid container, or a waterproof Buildcraft pipe to attune it to fluids. Then, shift-right-click on the tunnel with a Memory Card before right-clicking the same card on the P2P tunnels beneath every single one of your boilers. Make sure all the tunnels are connected to the same network, and the transfer node will start to fill all the boilers. You'll probably need lots of world interaction upgrades, but you won't need very many speed upgrades, as the node doesn't need to look very far to find the tunnel.