1.7.10 Alpha Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thronk

Jul 29, 2019
Liquid Transfer nodes

Thanks

Hmm, I have opposite experience. At least in 1.6.4. The TE conduits are laggy for me. I once had a big base with them and I replaced all with EnderIO conduits to get a huge reduction in lag.[DOUBLEPOST=1411049339][/DOUBLEPOST]
The Ender IO conduits were bundled with different types in a complex system connecting machines to power and AE system. Regardless, I think Ender IO is too much for this lite modpack. If we can use Extra Utilities for all our piping needs, it pretty much solves it without adding any extra mods.

Clarifying lite, is this for client only? The chunkloaders from quarrys and the Chunk Loader from MFR can stress the server if used in large amounts.
I haven't played much with Minefactory Reloaded, but doesn't that have some OP items and machines?

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
Yes in 1..6.4 TE conduits/ducts had an unfortunate FMP bug causing some massive performance issues in certain situations.

EnderIO is to in depth a mod to add just for item/fliud tranport

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/68299-tubes is my current preference.

Is it just me, or does everyone else hear "Tuuubes!" exclaimed in their head every time that mod is referenced?

Oraia

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if this isn't the best place , but I had a crash while loading the Lite 3 Pack ( it was the first time , I downloaded it without any problems ) . It doesn't seem to be a memory problem as I run the Monster pack correctly ...

Here's the crash report ( Spoiler ) :

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.doubledoordev.d3core.D3Core
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:162)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:502)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:204)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:134)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.doubledoordev.d3core.D3Core
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:188)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.ModClassLoader.loadClass(ModClassLoader.java:58)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:249)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:420)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:492)
... 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/doubledoordev/d3core/D3Core : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:180)
... 38 more

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Sorry if this isn't the best place , but I had a crash while loading the Lite 3 Pack ( it was the first time , I downloaded it without any problems ) . It doesn't seem to be a memory problem as I run the Monster pack correctly ...

Here's the crash report ( Spoiler ) :

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.doubledoordev.d3core.D3Core
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:162)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:502)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:204)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:134)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.doubledoordev.d3core.D3Core
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:188)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.ModClassLoader.loadClass(ModClassLoader.java:58)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:249)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:420)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:492)
... 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/doubledoordev/d3core/D3Core : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:180)
... 38 more
You're missing the DoubleDoor-something mod. Not sure what that is, but something needs it

ChromeMystic

Jul 29, 2019
I tried the Magic Quest pack a bit, and while it looks very interesting it is lacking one thing that will drive me mad if it isn't added: Automatic Sorting Inventory. I don't need Applied Energistics, but something akin to Logistics Pipes would be great. Unfortunately I don't know any Magic Themed (or at least fitting the Magic Themed) Mods that would add this functionality.

Also I really Miss Tinker's Construct and I think its not to far fetched to add it to a magic pack :)

einsteinsci

Jul 29, 2019
Are Twilight Forest and Roguelike Dungeons going to be added to Mage Quest? Both are from previous FTB modpacks, and it seems like Mage Quest would be incomplete without them.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me, or does everyone else hear "Tuuubes!" exclaimed in their head every time that mod is referenced?
I always think of the Pete Holmes Wolverine skit :p

Are Twilight Forest and Roguelike Dungeons going to be added to Mage Quest? Both are from previous FTB modpacks, and it seems like Mage Quest would be incomplete without them.
In my opinion Better Dungeons is a much better option than Roguelike Dungeons, as it adds a lot of magic things as well as dungeons.

Reactions: Thuulstrea

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Why is JourneyMap only included in the Magic pack but not in Lite3? I really would like a mapping mod for Lite3 if you can get it one that's suitable. :D

Also, question: If either of these new Alpha packs has a new version, dos it get automatically downloaded, or am I supposed to switch to it manually via the Recommended option on the launcher for the pack? For instance, Lite3 has versions 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 but since it says Recommended on the launcher is selected I have no clue which version I'm actually running at present.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Yes in 1..6.4 TE conduits/ducts had an unfortunate FMP bug causing some massive performance issues in certain situations.

EnderIO is to in depth a mod to add just for item/fliud tranport

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/68299-tubes is my current preference.

So those items are still a part of Thermal Expansion, but they had to be removed?
But...but....why is Microsoft screwing things up already!?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Why is JourneyMap only included in the Magic pack but not in Lite3? I really would like a mapping mod for Lite3 if you can get it one that's suitable. :D

Also, question: If either of these new Alpha packs has a new version, dos it get automatically downloaded, or am I supposed to switch to it manually via the Recommended option on the launcher for the pack? For instance, Lite3 has versions 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 but since it says Recommended on the launcher is selected I have no clue which version I'm actually running at present.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Because Lite is a lightweight pack. Maps are heavy.[DOUBLEPOST=1411106233][/DOUBLEPOST]

No. I am not adding every mod that has some magic theme.[DOUBLEPOST=1411106273][/DOUBLEPOST]
Will EnderIO get added to any pack, it's superb in 1.7?

Not Lite or Mage Quest. Eyamaz is doing Tech and iF . Not sure what the modlist for those are.[DOUBLEPOST=1411106340][/DOUBLEPOST]
So those items are still a part of Thermal Expansion, but they had to be removed?

The ducts/conduits are supposed to become a seperate mod. At this point they don't exist. Kind of hard to add non existent mods :p

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
1.0.2 versions

FTB Lite 3:

Added:
Pressure Pipes
InPureCore - hides the FMP pages, leaves one of each microblock type for recipe lookup.
Tubes

Config Changes:
MFR - uses TE recipes
TE - uses ingots not gears

FTB Mage Quest

Added:
Sanguimancy
Automagy
InPureCore

Reactions: TheMechEngineer

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the point of lite. If it's supposed to be simple utility mods, as a foundation for making mod packs, then MFR/TE (and jetpacks) seem to be very heavy / big for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.