[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I see. Im not that fond of Carts and whatnot, so what are "HVish methods" we are talking about? Mind naming a few?

The "Dimensional Transceiver", basically. You have to supply it with power in order to transfer items, fluid and power to remote locations, I think that's where the "HV-ish methods" comes from. There are probably other methods but that's the one I'm focused on since I've finally constructed a Large Diesel Engine and actually have a decent power source now.

Reactions: GammaGoblin

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I see. Im not that fond of Carts and whatnot, so what are "HVish methods" we are talking about? Mind naming a few?
I use magic mirrors, although they require (I believe) a bit of titanium. I'm using them to bucket-brigade oil from a big ocean oil well in conjunction with thirsty tanks and vacuum hoppers (to pump oil and catch oil cells)

Reactions: GammaGoblin

stuned

Jul 29, 2019
i got a funny problem i try to put one hydrogen cell and one empty cell with conduits and gregtech pipes in to a chemical reactor. but i refuses to let both automaticly in. is this intended or just a bug ?

S

Sven "flamestrider"

i got a funny problem i try to put one hydrogen cell and one empty cell with conduits and gregtech pipes in to a chemical reactor. but i refuses to let both automaticly in. is this intended or just a bug ?
Some recipes won't allow components to enter a machine, for example nand chips won't enter an assembler without it first containing some kind of soldering liquid... might that be your issue? This is a intended behaviour because some machines have many recipes... and this little thing makes it less likely the machine will be clogged with unneeded components.

Reactions: targetingyou78

stuned

Jul 29, 2019
Some recipes won't allow components to enter a machine, for example nand chips won't enter an assembler without it first containing some kind of soldering liquid... might that be your issue? This is a intended behaviour because some machines have many recipes... and this little thing makes it less likely the machine will be clogged with unneeded components.

You Sir are a Hero i fought the entry day to get this work but this little step i missed :) it works all with the fluids in there alright. Thank you

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Its funny, I ran into this exact same obstacle last night, with the chemical reactor too. Blood asp finally explained to me what's going on (and you already got the correct answer)

Having said that, I've amended the Chem. Reactor gamepedia wiki with a useful note:

Automation
Like other GregTech machines which use recipes with both fluids and items, the Chemical Reactor will only reliably receive items into its input slots if they are part of a valid recipe, they do not create an invalid recipe, and a fluid for a valid recipe is already present in the machine.

It honestly belongs in several wiki entries I'm sure and I'll update those too with the same note as I see them.

Reactions: codewarrior0
U

UNG_God

happy new year to you all.

yeah gt can be cranky some times and we end having those kind of troubles, i had one when trying to automate the implosion compressor, if the input have more than a single recipe, like you are trying to make compressed aluminum and steel at same time, it will not work any of those, i had to make an ulv input bus for tnt and other for the material. Sadly the same thing happens with the array .
One thing that surprised me is that Me interface cant insert on conduits, it made my setup going from small to troublesome.

the ender io transceiver is the most common, but drain a ton of power, thaumcraft mirrors can be used as well, but a not automatic way, but very early is simply to make a ton drums, let them fill up, the place them all inside a filling cabinet and bring it home. When you have the power and resource you might try Ae quantum bridge.

idk if it was like that before, but the naquad alloy is freaking expensive to make.

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
My god. I expected it to be tough, but christ are the open computers recipes tedious. I'm making PCB's in batches of 10-20 and just eating through them. I've gone through at least 3 full drums of cracked heavy fuel just to get enough naphtha for the epoxy.

I would seriously love it if pneumaticcraft could be avoided completely in this pack. The mod is cool I suppose, but there's so many things about the mod I just don't like.

About the modpack: Why have like 5 different types of circuits for EACH tier in a game like this? I'm not going to triple my automation infrastructure just for one mod that will rarely get used beyond initially getting the 2 or 3 computers I desire. At the very least, why couldn't the opencomputers recipes use just GT circuits instead of PCB's. Or why not be able to use opencomputers transistors in the PCB recipe instead of pneumaticcraft transistors and capacitors? Thus bypassing the need for a completely separate oil processing line than the one you likely already have.

T

targetingyou78

Hey guys, how large are you ore processing setups? I have 3 Washing Plants and 3 Thermal Centrifuges and There is no way in hell I'm ever going to get through my materials. The advanced miner makes barrels full of crushed ore. (I'm doing a redstone vein atm so it will be much easier when I get to a vein that doesn't have 10x by default) Some of the people on here are talking about running multiple miners with higher tier energy hatches... How do you guys process all that material???

H

Herrminator1994

My god. I expected it to be tough, but christ are the open computers recipes tedious. I'm making PCB's in batches of 10-20 and just eating through them. I've gone through at least 3 full drums of cracked heavy fuel just to get enough naphtha for the epoxy.

I would seriously love it if pneumaticcraft could be avoided completely in this pack. The mod is cool I suppose, but there's so many things about the mod I just don't like.

About the modpack: Why have like 5 different types of circuits for EACH tier in a game like this? I'm not going to triple my automation infrastructure just for one mod that will rarely get used beyond initially getting the 2 or 3 computers I desire. At the very least, why couldn't the opencomputers recipes use just GT circuits instead of PCB's. Or why not be able to use opencomputers transistors in the PCB recipe instead of pneumaticcraft transistors and capacitors? Thus bypassing the need for a completely separate oil processing line than the one you likely already have.
Naphtha I have in abundance. I haven't done anything with Open Computers yet, what are you using them for? I'm up to the EV age, probably can push as far as IV or maybe LuV, given the resources. Currently working on getting a thousand or so titanium for a fission plant, get some serious power going on, maybe another diesel engine too, get some mass fabrication online for osmium and iridium.

H

Herrminator1994

Hey guys, how large are you ore processing setups? I have 3 Washing Plants and 3 Thermal Centrifuges and There is no way in hell I'm ever going to get through my materials. The advanced miner makes barrels full of crushed ore. (I'm doing a redstone vein atm so it will be much easier when I get to a vein that doesn't have 10x by default) Some of the people on here are talking about running multiple miners with higher tier energy hatches... How do you guys process all that material???
I run a EV and HV macerator and 16 LV centrifuges in a processing array. Only one thermal centrifuge at the moment. Type filters, super buffers, and packagers handle tiny and small dusts and nuggets. Thinking about another processing array of MV sifting machines and a couple EV ore washing plants. Chemical bath for gold, silver, and platinum. Reacting purified chalcopyrite after extracting the gold with nitric acid for platinum group sludge dust to get some osmium. Currently I am definitely falling behind my three advanced miners: I'm processing what I need, while building up my processing lines.

T

targetingyou78

Is anyone else have a problem where there Large steam turbine just randomly says incomplete structure from time to time? It's happened to me twice today. It'll run for a few hours and then just stop and say incomplete structure. It is in one chunk boundary btw

Edit: It might be that I placed a light on the floor in front of it. It is working now. I guess once it's built it does not check very often whether or not it's a valid setup and that's why I thought it was random.

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else have a problem where there Large steam turbine just randomly says incomplete structure from time to time? It's happened to me twice today. It'll run for a few hours and then just stop and say incomplete structure. It is in one chunk boundary btw
Most common issue that causes this is having thing in front of the turbine. Anything, such as a torch, or light, hell flux from Thaumcraft might even cause it to stop. I've found that sometimes it will work with forge multiparts in front, and sometimes it won't; not sure why.

Naphtha I have in abundance. I haven't done anything with Open Computers yet, what are you using them for? I'm up to the EV age, probably can push as far as IV or maybe LuV, given the resources. Currently working on getting a thousand or so titanium for a fission plant, get some serious power going on, maybe another diesel engine too, get some mass fabrication online for osmium and iridium.

Yea I'm well into the IV era. I added computercraft because I felt like playing with touchscreens and stuff and adding more control over my power generation, and was familiar with CC and not OC. I've decided since I have no real close range goals left, I'd ditch computercraft and try out opencomputers. But christ, I spent hours crafting and still don't have what I want/need. Tier 3 graphics cards are the biggest pain I've found so far. Then I have to learn the differences between OC and CC which in itself is likely a big time sync. I'm considering just changing the recipes myself as I'm on single player. I don't mind them being expensive, I just hate the PCB's mostly.

It's funny, I used multiple computers to automate boilers>steam tanks>turbines, then ditched that and went nuclear>LHE>HP Turbines>Turbines, and now that I've reach Naquada, it requires almost nothing to automate. It's by far the easiest late game power gen option, I just chose it for a goal early on. Bees, couple tree farms for scrap to make UUA>UUM>Naquada+ tons of easy energy. I guess the Large Diesel Generator isn't much worse, definitely not much harder, but still.

C

codewarrior0

Ten processing arrays containing sixteen LV Ore Washing Plants, thirty-two LV Centrifuges, sixteen LV Sifting Machines, ten LV Thermal Centrifuges, thirteen LV Compressors making Compressed Air, fourteen LV Chemical Reactors making Nitric Oxide, fourteen MV Chemical Reactors making Nitric Acid, sixteen Chemical Baths bathing specific ores in Mercury to extract Gold and Platinum, and sixteen additional LV Centrifuges dedicated to spinning the mercury out of Redstone and Cinnabar Dusts. Additionally, eight HV Pulverizers, one LV Chemical Reactor processing Platinum Sludge-bearing ores, eight LV Electrolyzers processing the resulting Vitriol, three LV Chemical Reactors producing Sodium Persulfate, five Chemical Baths bathing Zinc and Tin ores in Persulfate to extract Zinc, and one Type Filter extracting Impure Dusts (other than Impure Endstone Dust) to be sent to a single HV Centrifuge to pick up that slack. Two hundred blocks of item conduits using twelve conduit channels, three type filters separating Tiny and Small Dusts and Nuggets from the output stream, two HV Packagers to combine dusts and nuggets, and one hundred locked Storage Drawers separating each individual type and form of ore according to which machine is next to process it.

Also somewhere in there is a pair of centrifuges and a vacuum freezer to turn the compressed air into nitrogen and rare gases.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Ten processing arrays containing sixteen LV Ore Washing Plants, thirty-two LV Centrifuges...

Sorry mate- you're doing it wrong. Let me fix that for you :p

*Plays theme music appropriately*
"Ten processing arrays containing sixteen LV Ore Washing Plants, thirty-two LV Centrifuges, sixteen LV Sifting Machines, ten LV Thermal Centrifuges, thirteen LV Compressors making Compressed Air, fourteen LV Chemical Reactors making Nitric Oxide, fourteen MV Chemical Reactors making Nitric Acid, sixteen Chemical Baths bathing specific ores in Mercury to extract Gold and Platinum, and sixteen additional LV Centrifuges dedicated to spinning the mercury out of Redstone and Cinnabar Dusts. Additionally, eight HV Pulverizers, one LV Chemical Reactor processing Platinum Sludge-bearing ores, eight LV Electrolyzers processing the resulting Vitriol, three LV Chemical Reactors producing Sodium Persulfate, five Chemical Baths bathing Zinc and Tin ores in Persulfate to extract Zinc, and one Type Filter extracting Impure Dusts (other than Impure Endstone Dust) to be sent to a single HV Centrifuge to pick up that slack. Two hundred blocks of item conduits using twelve conduit channels, three type filters separating Tiny and Small Dusts and Nuggets from the output stream, two HV Packagers to combine dusts and nuggets, and one hundred locked Storage Drawers separating each individual type and form of ore according to which machine is next to process it.

Also somewhere in there is a pair of centrifuges and a vacuum freezer to turn the compressed air into nitrogen and rare gases."

A

ArtElleys

Will there be a move to build a new Forge and GT (sixth version)? A bit strange, do not use Iguanas Tinker Tweaks in the assembly, Graves - this is good, but there is a grave in another fashion, which then emerge from their graves mobs. Why, the assembly is only updated Gregtech, well, more specifically, as the same OpenEye core - no. Same Tinker Constructed could complicate the game a little bit, I realized - by super in editing recipes.

Also, I do not think the basic set of modes Hunger Overhaul - because of starvation, I do not feel.

Last edited:
U

UNG_God

Hey guys, how large are you ore processing setups?

you can see on video, but i have one machine for each process on HV tier and superbuffer to keep the overflow in check, is it enough? see below.

How do you guys process all that material?

well at least i dont process everything i get, i just do what i need, so my system dont overwork . 100k of iron will not make my life easier when i need titanium or tungsten.
Will there be a move to build a new Forge and GT (sixth version)?

no.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So after probably 10 days of constant checking and finding no problems, I notice my EBF is shut off earlier than expected from cooking up a stack of Tungsten ingots. "Screws are missing". Lovely. I break out my screwdriver, fix it, whack the EBF with my wooden hammer and - no doubt whatsoever - I right click on the controller to see "Running perfectly".

Two hours later I return to once again see my EBF shut off early. Once again I see "Screws are missing." So I fixed it a second time, started it back up and checked to see "Running perfectly" yet again.

So now I'm wondering, what is the average time between maintenance issues on these Multiblock machines? I always assumed it was a long, long time, say 1 to 2 weeks of real days, not minecraft days. I play on a server so my base is running 24/7/365 and yet I still never experience problems with machines that are running nonstop. What are the odds of having the same exact problem in the same multiblock happen in a 2-hour time frame? Wouldn't you say the odds of such a thing are astronomically low? Or am I way off base by thinking that?

S

Sven "flamestrider"

So after probably 10 days of constant checking and finding no problems, I notice my EBF is shut off earlier than expected from cooking up a stack of Tungsten ingots. "Screws are missing". Lovely. I break out my screwdriver, fix it, whack the EBF with my wooden hammer and - no doubt whatsoever - I right click on the controller to see "Running perfectly".

Two hours later I return to once again see my EBF shut off early. Once again I see "Screws are missing." So I fixed it a second time, started it back up and checked to see "Running perfectly" yet again.

So now I'm wondering, what is the average time between maintenance issues on these Multiblock machines? I always assumed it was a long, long time, say 1 to 2 weeks of real days, not minecraft days. I play on a server so my base is running 24/7/365 and yet I still never experience problems with machines that are running nonstop. What are the odds of having the same exact problem in the same multiblock happen in a 2-hour time frame? Wouldn't you say the odds of such a thing are astronomically low? Or am I way off base by thinking that?
If you have tech enough just make those automaintenance blocks, to protect processes that you don't want to lose progression on ;)

Reactions: asb3pe