I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
So my deep is making 8 combustion dynamos( I think that's the name) but they can't run of forestry bio gas........ A wast of resources

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EPfencer

Jul 29, 2019
Spending the better part of my day trying to get a spark to swap its dispersive upgrade for a dominant one when the pool is getting empty, using computercraft, and then discovering the dispersive spark already acts like a dominant one... :/ I'm only just learning how to use computercraft (never coded anything in my life) so you might understand the pain I went through :p

Reactions: Master_Builder_800

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
So my deep is making 8 combustion dynamos( I think that's the name) but they can't run of forestry bio gas........ A wast of resources

If you find some buildcraft oil and refine it into fuel, they can burn that. :)
Spending the better part of my day trying to get a spark to swap its dispersive upgrade for a dominant one when the pool is getting empty, using computercraft, and then discovering the dispersive spark already acts like a dominant one... :/ I'm only just learning how to use computercraft (never coded anything in my life) so you might understand the pain I went through :p
Yeah, that's frustrating...
Programming is so much fun once you get into it, though. The sheer amount of stuff you can do is incredible. You can tear away all the levels of abstraction and be left solely with information transfer, and then your job is to figure out how to re-abstract it to your own purposes onto a screen. So cool. :D

Master_Builder_800

Jul 29, 2019
My latest was troubleshooting why the Galacticraft Mars boss would spawn but instantly disappear... I was on peaceful.
I can't tell you how many times when I first started minecraft and decided to play exclusively on hard... thing is I never got to see how hard hard was because at the slightest danger that options menu button that changed it to peaceful was much easier to do then getting brand new diamond gear:oops:

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I spent ages trying to work out why my spot loader wasn't keeping my BC pump in the nether running when I was back in the overworld.

Checked everything I could think of, made sure everything was in the same chunk etc.

I even made a "ask daft questions" post about it.

I just went to check and I noticed the little bobble on the spot loader wasn't moving.

I'd put the bloody thing right next to a redstone torch which was disabling it.

I now feel like a right tit.

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
I spent ages trying to work out why my spot loader wasn't keeping my BC pump in the nether running when I was back in the overworld.

Checked everything I could think of, made sure everything was in the same chunk etc.

I even made a "ask daft questions" post about it.

I just went to check and I noticed the little bobble on the spot loader wasn't moving.

I'd put the bloody thing right next to a redstone torch which was disabling it.

I now feel like a right tit.
I've done the same; lesson learned was to just put the chunk loader a few blocks away from the pump instead of on it. I spent so long figuring it out, too.

Reactions: GreekAnalyzer

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
If you find some buildcraft oil and refine it into fuel, they can burn that. :)

Yeah, that's frustrating...
Programming is so much fun once you get into it, though. The sheer amount of stuff you can do is incredible. You can tear away all the levels of abstraction and be left solely with information transfer, and then your job is to figure out how to re-abstract it to your own purposes onto a screen. So cool. :D

But but I wanted to use the bio gas be all green and stuff n' things

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Playing lots of terraria and forgetting that you need to double tap to fly(Angel Ring from ExU) right into lava. Bye Bye stuf

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
This one time, I decided I wanted to check out some ZSS dungeons. At the time I had Flans mod installed. I made a bunch of flans mod c4s to unlock the dungeons. A lag spike happend and all of the c4s disappeared from my inventory. I couldn't find them, so I made a bunch more. I placed c4 at the first dungeon and triggered it. Sure I was able to get in and get the loot, but when I got back, the whole front half of my base as gone in a huge condensed explosion. That was an experience

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
/spawn primedtnt [exsplosionpower:5000000000]
Not the correct code, but easy to understand.
if you are on 1.8 then I find this thing a bit more for
/execute @e ~ ~ ~ /execute @e ~ ~ ~ /execute @e ~ ~ ~ /summon lightning ~ ~ ~
(the sumon part is wrong as I don't have minecraft open)
I let you all figure out what it does, its easy though.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
if you are on 1.8 then I find this thing a bit more for
/execute @e ~ ~ ~ /execute @e ~ ~ ~ /execute @e ~ ~ ~ /summon lightning ~ ~ ~
(the sumon part is wrong as I don't have minecraft open)
I let you all figure out what it does, its easy though.
Command blocks
/place minecraft:redstone_block ~ +1 ~ 0 Replace
Very fast redstone clock.
/summon LightningBolt

Reactions: pc_assassin