Said once. More like several. ~3-4

Burned me demn house down once
images

./gamerule doFiretick false

upload_2015-2-18_20-19-22.jpeg

Reactions: buggirlexpres

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019
(Quietly waiting for next chapter to come out)

Other things: The mechanics/story are very well done. The recipe for creating the fluix crystal seeds in the blood altar, as described in the guidebook, is apparently nonexistent and the normal recipe (fluix dust and sand) is still active.

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
in how many openings? I've been known to open 30 bags and not get what i want. I'm sure this is a dumb question, but you aren't opening the silverfish bags? They're full of junk. Try collecting a half stack of bags and opening them all at once. Copper and Iron are by far the rarest drops from the bags in my experience.

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
I've opened probably around 30 and have iron, gold, emeralds, gunpowder, redstone, lapis, and tin. Haven't gotten copper.

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know what to tell you other than keep opening bags. I remember copper was pretty rare, unlike the lead that had all of two recipes to use it for.

Flame Emblem

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry if this has been asked in the last 26 pages- is the inability to dual-wield TiC tools like the battle sign, pickaxe, and hatchet intentional, or will we be able to use them later? I prefer TiC tools, but the inability to hold a TiC pickaxe and torch at the same time in this modpack is an extreme nerf.

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if this has already been asked. But if I activate limited lives via config (I know, almost idiotically hard, but I like the rogue-like feel it gives) are there any quests that will allow me to gain more lives?

KhaoticPoisonIce

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry if this has been asked in the last 26 pages- is the inability to dual-wield TiC tools like the battle sign, pickaxe, and hatchet intentional, or will we be able to use them later? I prefer TiC tools, but the inability to hold a TiC pickaxe and torch at the same time in this modpack is an extreme nerf.
From what I could tell, the inability stems from the dual-wielding mod not recognizing TiC tools as tools/weapons.

are there any quests that will allow me to gain more lives?
Not from what I've seen no. If I remember correctly, limited lives were disabled because of a conflict with how the armor-hearts were supposed to work.

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019

Ahh. Thanks for the info. Sorry to bother, but do you know of any hqm packs that do use the limited lives feature? It seems like a really interesting challenge.

Jysus Cryst

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, okay...After a few hours of playing I finally get why there's no ores! There is a little bitty tiny problem with it though...

The reward tables are reversed for the epic and basic bags...

Let me explain for other. (Basically) The creator removed all the ore, so no mining for a stack of iron and bringing it back to base to smelt it. Instead, all the ore is replaced by silverfish eggs. The silverfish drop epic reward bags which contain the ore you would have mined if they weren't replaced with the eggs! (Again, this isn't entirely true, but it's basically how it works....) I actually like this. It's pretty novel. You gotta kill to get ore. Lol. However, all the epic bags are utter crap. Luckily though, the basic bags I get from killing my sheep farm give me all the ores I need, so screw killing all those silverfish...Sheep farm for diamonds. Makes it too easy and breaks the combat focus that the pack is intended to have...

Just thought I'd leave this here and wait to play again until it's fixed. I'll be looking forward the next update!