Botania - An innovative natural magic themed tech mod (Not in beta any more!)

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Blue. No yel-- Auuuuuuuugh!

On topic: Ring of Correction? AWESOME. Wish you could configure more tools to be in the various classes (axe, shovel, etc) but still bleeping cool.

Reactions: thephoenixlodge

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
It's actually due to the shades of red green and blue are so similar that the observer sees different colors depending on the surrounding lighting and eye strain of the viewer (EXTREMELY PARAPHRASING HERE)

It still does not dismiss my point. It's not an optical illusion that people are trying to proclaim. It's a bad photo with horrendous levels of overexposure and the modifications are little more than balance and contrast over adjusting.

Reactions: 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
It still does not dismiss my point. It's not an optical illusion that people are trying to proclaim. It's a bad photo with horrendous levels of overexposure and the modifications are little more than balance and contrast over adjusting.
...Can't argue there

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Manasteel and Terrasteel armor respectively by Damien Hazard.

B_G0LBtWsAAFB--.png

B-Zjd_hIEAAmD8x.png

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
It's a bad photo that just happens to cause an "optical illusion".
https://www.google.com/search?q=same+color+illusion&tbm=isch
It's pretty much exactly that effect. Your brain either tells you it's Blue because it really is, or it tells you it's white because it thinks the lighting is blue. It also either tells you the black is actually black, or it sees the yellow light reflecting off it, doesn't filter that out, and sees gold.

If you take the colors out into a separate space, pretty much everyone would see blue and a very dark gold color:
262316A300000578-2971409-image-a-3_1425008820085.jpg

That being said, it's also a case of exposure/brightness/contrast.
262423AC00000578-2971409-image-m-5_1425029003238.jpg

But pretty much? It's an interaction between your brain and a really crappy photo. Which side you fall on tells you either your monitor isn't reproducing true color, your brain isn't quite as strong at color constancy, or both. It's just like those left/right spinning animations and stuff. Neat visual trick, shows us that our brains are different. But holy CRAP did this go viral. Basically every social media I use is being inundated with blue/black and white/gold memes, references, and jokes. I've got the sinking feeling this is going to be one of "those" memes that make me wish I had the power to ban people from the internet. But hey, I'm a curmudgeon :p

Edit:

Manasteel and Terrasteel armor respectively by Damien Hazard.

B_G0LBtWsAAFB--.png

B-Zjd_hIEAAmD8x.png

He really likes that vaguely japanese samurai look. They're pretty, but it just looks too similar to the TC and BM armors he's done for my personal taste

Reactions: Strikingwolf

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
That is both cheating and entirely logical.

Maybe he should make some European armors
Seconding that. I do medieval re-enactment. There are so many breathtakingly beautiful styles he could take inspiration from... and we get those Sode lookalikes

Edit:
I want to see bikini armour sets that provides full protection.
Or maybe Native American. Skimpy AND lots of straps, sounds like a fun time for me!

Polynesian "armor" that gives you avoidance chance instead of damage reduction?

So many possibilities, even when you're limited to pretty-darn-blocky like in MC

Reactions: 1SDAN

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
This here thread being always on topic I see.

Your welcome for our hard work and dedication, in keeping this thread clean and tidy. Have a great day!

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2