[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

Jashin

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone ! In my server I have setup the whole Ore Quadrupling installation from Mekanism, but I'm seeing a little difference from what is indicated on the wiki (which may be out of date). Brine separation in the Electrolytic Separator gives me Sodium + Chlorine, while on the wiki it gives Hydrogen + Chlorine. This requires me to import Hydrogen from another Electrolytic Separator, which is not too big of a deal but might restrain me from automating the setup. Is it working as intended ?

Last edited:

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
Just started playing the pack the other day and am enjoying it. i am noticing some lag with the crafting station from Tinkers as in sometimes the game would hang for a few seconds when opening the interface or placing items in the grid for a crafting recipe. also with the fertilized dirt placing two seeds next to each other would cause one to pop off the block.

rat_poison

Jul 29, 2019
i have one suggestion to improve the pack. it's also been discussed on the irc channel by other members:

ghasts spawn very rarely on the nether. wither skeletons too.

In fact, spending more than half an hour to find one ghast and then having it not drop a tear isn't quite fun. Also walking a through a nether fortress basically devoid of mobs except at the occasional blaze spawner is a bit drab. Can the default mob spawning rules on the nether change? Or are there special areas where their spawn rate is greater that I don't know about? I'm suggesting to make it a bit more towards the harder side, because right now, vanilla nether is much more threatening than the WLR one and I think this doesn't fit the idea of the pack. Hellhounds seem to be the most common mob and, well, they are a slight hindrance at best. I understand if the small spawn rates are done for lag reasons on a pretty resource intensive pack, but if the defaults can't change, then can I tweak a file to spice up the nether a bit?

Hatsuni

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same trouble on my server but I think I solve it yesterday.
And gravestones were not the problem.

Do you use chunkloader/anchor ?
Do you have redstone conduit or mekanism cable outside those chunkloader ?
Did your low tps appear few minutes after someone leave the server or move away from his house ?
1) No
2) No
3) The tps is ALWAYS low.

Verigen

Jul 29, 2019
So do most play this with Biomes o plenty world or without? I know I always have problems finding enough bee hives in BoP maps...

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
So do most play this with Biomes o plenty world or without? I know I always have problems finding enough bee hives in BoP maps...

The world gen in the pack breaks if you do not use biomes o plenty's world type. As you end up with near endless mushroom island biome if you do not use BoP.

Reactions: Yulife

Verigen

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to give the pack a try and too many of any one biome would probably drive me crazy. I've been playing a lot of regrowth lately and need somewhere to explore that's not an endless wasteland :) .

thonnas_hp

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, my server had some terrible can't- keep-up-itis, for no apparent reason. Updating to the latest build of Mekanism seems to have alleviated the bulk of it.
It was quite a pain to track down. We're running SO much better now, but still have occasional sluggishness, but at least it now appear to have related errors (that I have yet to attempt to troubleshoot).

Yulife, thank you so much for this wonderful pack. My friends and I have been enjoying it immensely.

I hope an update is in the works. I know a number of the mods have been updated, beyond Mekanism and Chisel, and have been tempted to do some mass updates. I'm pretty sure they could manage, but it'd be a lot easier for my users to do a batch update.

Anyway, thanks again.

Danund81

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, First of thank you so much for this wonderful mod, it's been by far my favorite experience with minecraft, few they may be. I've particularly fallen in love with thaumcraft but have had a bit of a snag. The block known as a "Node Transducer" doesn't seem to work at all. It says to give it a redstone signal, which I've attempted through pure redstone blocks as well as levers. Sadly the device won't activate.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. I've looked at other people's tutorials on transducers and I appear to be following to the T. Thanks!

Edit: Admin fixed our issue, the server's wanderlust was out of date.

Last edited:

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, First of thank you so much for this wonderful mod, it's been by far my favorite experience with minecraft, few they may be. I've particularly fallen in love with thaumcraft but have had a bit of a snag. The block known as a "Node Transducer" doesn't seem to work at all. It says to give it a redstone signal, which I've attempted through pure redstone blocks as well as levers. Sadly the device won't activate.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. I've looked at other people's tutorials on transducers and I appear to be following to the T. Thanks!
jCKBOf8.jpg

Reactions: Odovbold

danidas

Jul 29, 2019

As Yulife's picture shows you need a indirect redstone signal to activate it currently.

DorinnB

Jul 29, 2019
Yep restart still causes the console to get spammed with lag errors. Fastcraft doesnt seem to help either.

We had lot of tps spike because chunks weren't unloading. Even with tool like opis.
chunks with machine/cable are "awaiking" chunk around.
For example, real value. Nether empty but one farm. electricraft/rotary tool, redstone conduit (replaced by mfr cable), vacum hopper, enderchest and vanilla spawner.
/cofh tps - Nether : 0.2ms right after reboot
I walk inside nether : 0.7ms
I return back to overworl : 1ms
10 s later 4 ms
10 s later 10 ms
10 s later 15ms
I go to the nether : 1ms

Ok, I put a spot loader in the nether, go outside : 0.7ms
end of story.

Who said chunk loader are bad for server admin ? I need it. Every house are chunk loaded now.

Hatsuni, check if you don't have chunk loaded that shouldn't be.

DeadlyPacker

Jul 29, 2019
We had lot of tps spike because chunks weren't unloading. Even with tool like opis.
chunks with machine/cable are "awaiking" chunk around.
For example, real value. Nether empty but one farm. electricraft/rotary tool, redstone conduit (replaced by mfr cable), vacum hopper, enderchest and vanilla spawner.
/cofh tps - Nether : 0.2ms right after reboot
I walk inside nether : 0.7ms
I return back to overworl : 1ms
10 s later 4 ms
10 s later 10 ms
10 s later 15ms
I go to the nether : 1ms

Ok, I put a spot loader in the nether, go outside : 0.7ms
end of story.

Who said chunk loader are bad for server admin ? I need it. Every house are chunk loaded now.

Hatsuni, check if you don't have chunk loaded that shouldn't be.

DorinnB are you using Cauldron? I find mutli-world support on these packs lag something awful when Cauldron is in use. Something about Cauldron makes the chucks in multi-worlds not close Myst, Twilight etc.. and cause extreme lag.

DorinnB

Jul 29, 2019
no cauldron. Unable to get one working (if you have one, I'd like it ...)

Oh btw I"m still using 1.2.0 but same happen while testing 1.2.3 last week