[1.7.10] Phoenix Reborn [Tech/Magic] [Progression] [Ores]

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
Just how rare are dimensional shards? I have several dimensions with ore gen in them, and I know dimensional shards only generate below y level 40, but I haven't found a single shard yet. Do I need to strip mine the whole area? I guess I'll just set up a frame quarry in one of those dimensions.

Also, do you know of any better way to get dimlets than to look for dungeon chests? I've got a few dimlets, but my options are pretty limited. I just wish I could specify the terrain of my dimensions.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Just how rare are dimensional shards? I have several dimensions with ore gen in them, and I know dimensional shards only generate below y level 40, but I haven't found a single shard yet. Do I need to strip mine the whole area? I guess I'll just set up a frame quarry in one of those dimensions.

Also, do you know of any better way to get dimlets than to look for dungeon chests? I've got a few dimlets, but my options are pretty limited. I just wish I could specify the terrain of my dimensions.

As far as I have seen it, the modmaker works at the moment at "crafting dimlets". So might be in a later version of this mod.

[edit]

Wither Skeleton Guide:

1 - Use Philosphers stone to transmute a hostile mob into an Ender IO Wither Skeleton. These are white with no weapon, watch the waila tool tip to make sure you get the right one. To transmute mobs, use the projectile key holding the philosopher's stone.

Is there anything else to look for?
Cause if I use the range-"attack" of the philosophers stone, the projectile simply goes through the mods, without transmuting them.

Last edited:

Vitachan

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I have seen it, the modmaker works at the moment at "crafting dimlets". So might be in a later version of this mod.

[edit]

Is there anything else to look for?
Cause if I use the range-"attack" of the philosophers stone, the projectile simply goes through the mods, without transmuting them.
You need some form of EE fuel to use the transformation function. This can be a charged Klein star, coal, gunpowder, glowstone, Möbius fuel or aeternalis (spelling?) fuel

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
You need some form of EE fuel to use the transformation function. This can be a charged Klein star, coal, gunpowder, glowstone, Möbius fuel or aeternalis (spelling?) fuel

Ah thank you, worked now :)

Project E really makes some things super easy... almost too easy, hehe.

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
Useful information, I was wondering why I couldn't transmute mobs anymore even though I once successfully made a squid from a cow. I guess the Destruction Catalyst works the same way, which should help me in my search for dimensional shards.

Also, people might wanna take notice that RFTools dimensions don't have bedrock at the bottom. Just recently died to this.

Edit: Dying in an RFTools dimension changed all my realised dimension tabs to "Unnamed". Extracting the dimlets and reinserting them causes the dimensions to be regenerated.

Last edited:

mulch_75

Jul 29, 2019
Dimensional Shard tips - I have found all of mine really low, around y=3 or 4. The best way I have found is to use a high diving rod set to scan 64x3x3. The shards have a huge EMC value and its easy to tell them from all the other ores. Just dig in a straight line scanning the walls as you go and then head in that direction once you get an EMC reading around 150,000. I did have to search through quite a few chunks of the world to find just one deposit of shards.

To find dimlets, try the loonium flower from botania. It brings in a decent amount of dimlets but does use a tonne of mana.

Vitachan

Jul 29, 2019
Useful information, I was wondering why I couldn't transmute mobs anymore even though I once successfully made a squid from a cow. I guess the Destruction Catalyst works the same way, which should help me in my search for dimensional shards.

Also, people might wanna take notice that RFTools dimensions don't have bedrock at the bottom. Just recently died to this.

Edit: Dying in an RFTools dimension changed all my realised dimension tabs to "Unnamed". Extracting the dimlets and reinserting them causes the dimensions to be regenerated.

No worries XD I had the same issue at first but I remembered back to Tekkit and how a lot of the EE/ProjectE stuff required fuel (except for the flight ring which was bugged FOREVER)

And I will have to try that Dim Shard technique

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows if there is a way to disable the agricraft-sprinkler animations?
Would really like to use them, but they pull my fps down quiet alot and the "particle"-setting in the video-settings doesn't seem to effect these of the sprinklers. :/

Reactions: Omnirach

Vitachan

Jul 29, 2019
Dimensional Shard tips - I have found all of mine really low, around y=3 or 4. The best way I have found is to use a high diving rod set to scan 64x3x3. The shards have a huge EMC value and its easy to tell them from all the other ores. Just dig in a straight line scanning the walls as you go and then head in that direction once you get an EMC reading around 150,000. I did have to search through quite a few chunks of the world to find just one deposit of shards.

This worked brilliantly! *comes back from a dimension with 2 stacks of shards*

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
Two crash reports: I tried teleporting from an RFTools dimension back home using the Player Relocator from Refined Relocation. Normally, this works fine, but this one time the game crashed when I activated the player relocator.
Upon reloading the game, the player relocator became useless. The only way for me to return was to kill myself to respawn in the overworld.

And as I said earlier, dying in an RFTools dimension causes another crash. This time, I've made sure to get the log for that crash, but so far it's always been reproducible whenever I die in a dimension. I added the suffix -rftools-death to the corresponding crash log.

And I still haven't found any dimensional shards, even with the divining rod in an endless tunnel at y=3. :(

Attachments

• crash-2015-02-11_13.50.26-client.txt
    32.4 KB · Views: 73
  • crash-2015-02-11_13.50.26-server.txt
    25.5 KB · Views: 82
  • crash-2015-02-11_14.29.28-server-rftools-death.txt
    21.6 KB · Views: 65

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Two crash reports: I tried teleporting from an RFTools dimension back home using the Player Relocator from Refined Relocation. Normally, this works fine, but this one time the game crashed when I activated the player relocator.
Upon reloading the game, the player relocator became useless. The only way for me to return was to kill myself to respawn in the overworld.

And as I said earlier, dying in an RFTools dimension causes another crash. This time, I've made sure to get the log for that crash, but so far it's always been reproducible whenever I die in a dimension. I added the suffix -rftools-death to the corresponding crash log.

And I still haven't found any dimensional shards, even with the divining rod in an endless tunnel at y=3. :(
Okay, one of these I think I could possibly (?) solve by updating EnderChests. However, I think @McJty would need to take a look at the others.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Hey, can chisel be updated?
The problem with updating Chisel to Chisel 2 is that all Chisel blocks anywhere will cease to exist. In fact, it could probably cause crashes with a lot of things, due to the changes in IDs. Most likely, updating Chisel would require a world reset, and I don't want to do that to people.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Yo Gid, is there something we can use for teleportation? Only thing I can think of from the modlist is bloodmagic teleposers and I'm not so sure if those work.

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Yo Gid, is there something we can use for teleportation? Only thing I can think of from the modlist is bloodmagic teleposers and I'm not so sure if those work.

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
You can use the Teleportation System from RFTools.

Reactions: Omnirach and McJty