[1.7.10] Automata — RPG, HQM, Reputation Systems, Custom Ore Gen, Mystcraft Ages

Should I add a magic mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whitedragonzzgamer

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say this mod pack is a nice breath of relief from other mod packs I have played in the past. You can go at it in all directions. Also I like how the setup and build structures are done. Good job I am loving how as we get deeper into the quest lines we see more and more. Biochao awesome awesome awesome for the quick answers and ty for helping me out

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
The first thing I did was chop/replant SEVERAL Dark Oak Trees, and fixed up the town. My issue with it was that the village is utterly surrounded by them, and you would think that would be the build mats of choice.lol Now I am working towards unlocking the Wand of Equal Trade, because that will make it faster at fixing/replacing the factory. Then I will try and make a ton of lamps to replace the missing one (or would like to any ways) before I actually start using the factory.
GcJOOTu.png
My issue is materials, and was wonder what the next mystcraft age you get after the second Age 16?

I added Blood Magic, because I wanted to have a hidden altar under the factory:p

EnderIO because I want to make the inside of the factory clean looking using the amazing conduits that all fit into a one block space, but use the other pipes, etc running on the outside.

Lastly, ChickenChunks cause well you are in other ages and it nice to have other stuff running while you are away.

Reactions: BMB78

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
That town looks spiffy! We pretty much abandoned it, built off the back of the castle, and made our own little town. Safari nets ftw! Its also how we found melons as we never found a jungle in the first couple mystcraft ages.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
That town looks spiffy! We pretty much abandoned it, built off the back of the castle, and made our own little town. Safari nets ftw! Its also how we found melons as we never found a jungle in the first couple mystcraft ages.

Thank you:) I would like to see what you guys built. Are you playing on a server, or Lan?

Yeah the village bothered me because I hate the world gen in Minecraft! I could be wrong, but I feel that as long as this game has been out it could have been made better. But the thing is I don't believe the village would be in that bad of shape if the factory was abandoned for as long as it has. Unless the king was a ti-rent and bleed his kingdom dry, then maybe.

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
Uhhh... we don't build... pretty, lol. Normally I use EnderIO to clean up automation and builds... without it, I've been...lazy, lol. I host a small server (currently on my desktop while I relocate my Ubuntu machine to a new location).

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Uhhh... we don't build... pretty, lol. Normally I use EnderIO to clean up automation and builds... without it, I've been...lazy, lol. I host a small server (currently on my desktop while I relocate my Ubuntu machine to a new location).

I'm the same way, not good at building. The village is basically the same just replaced the oak with dark oak, had to move several house's because I wanted it more level. It drove me nuts because I wanted to bring the rail station up level with everything else, but wanted to keep that tunnel intact. It still would be cool to see everyone's progress:), but that's ok.

I agree with how you use EnderIO that's why I added it so I wouldn't have to make the walls/floors/ceiling 2-3 thicker to hide stuff. I do want exposed pipes & things on the outside I think. I'm not sure I will use any of the machines(for ore processing to try and stay true to the pack), just mainly the conduits and maybe some of the other cool items:)

I would like to play on a server, but I get very little play time, and I'm on and off so much it's hard to find one. I played on one that I quickly became a mod, then admin for a year+, but I was unable to play/help like I use to, and left. I miss that level of play.

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
I think right now only two of us are playing on this pack on my server. Usually have 4-5 that log on normally. From Cali to Georga. Server in Cali

Reactions: RehabOholic

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
So I still haven't been able to get into the magic book room in the castle. I have well over 2000 Company ranks but no new quests have shown up. Currently working on Pipes Pumping for Biofuel, and Agrarian Ruminations for tacos.

We've completed Humble Beginnings and Gears Turning, 46% Pipes Pumping, 75% Agrarian Rumination, 73% industrial Warfare, 72% Reputation Rewards, 47% Unfavorable Acts, and 33% Power Struggle.

Hints? Clues?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
So I still haven't been able to get into the magic book room in the castle. I have well over 2000 Company ranks but no new quests have shown up. Currently working on Pipes Pumping for Biofuel, and Agrarian Ruminations for tacos.

We've completed Humble Beginnings and Gears Turning, 46% Pipes Pumping, 75% Agrarian Rumination, 73% industrial Warfare, 72% Reputation Rewards, 47% Unfavorable Acts, and 33% Power Struggle.

Hints? Clues?

I'm sorry:( I'm not even close to were you are in terms of quest's done.lol I've been messing with resource gathering, and Thaumcraft. I had to add Forbidden Magic " Can you say Thaumic Cake".. That and it has support for botania.

Whitedragonzzgamer

Jul 29, 2019
So on the quest called "Wounder-Block" the reward items I looked up to see which one were hard to craft and what not it makes minecraft like not responded. The items are under chisel some of them I can not see the recipe for. Also the "oak wood barrel 4565" will not show up as a recipe in NEI. Is this just me or did I run into something. I showed it in my ep3 of my lets play

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get a recipe for the Oak Wood Barrel in NEI either... but you can craft it just like a JABBA barrel, but remove the chest from the center of the crafting grid.

I also do not get recipes for the chisel upgrades, but unless you plan on extensively using the autochisel, it probably doesn't matter which you use.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I just updated Chisel to the latest version, and the recipes are
Iron, Emerald, Iron
Emerald, ?, Emerald
Redstone Dust, Redstone Dust, Redstone Dust

The ? is the only thing that is different in all three upgrades.

Sugar= Speed
Hopper= Auto
Crafting Table=Stack.

I also noticed in this latest update it added a better NEI support(different window showing what blocks turn into.)

Also there is a Diamond Chisel, that has multiple modes for chiseling.

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, playing on a server, its a bit difficult for me to process mod updates and easily get them out to my players without a launcher platform.

Thanks much to Biochao for keeping updates coming pretty fast and listening when we have questions! :D

vorax

Jul 29, 2019
Harvest level tweaks are not supposed to be enabled. What version are you on? If you want to turn them off change "B:HarvestLevelTweaks=true" to false in the IguanaTinkerTweaks modules.cfg

I just installed 0.9.6 and the config starts set to "B:HarvestLevelTweaks=true"

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
I just installed 0.9.6 and the config starts set to "B:HarvestLevelTweaks=true"

Yes, as 0.9.6 was on the launcher before Biochao made the comment you quoted. I believe it should be fixed in the next version, unless you want to change it yourself.

Anyone found any mystical flowers from Botania?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone found any mystical flowers from Botania?

I think you have to use floral fertilizer to get them. The world gen was disabled, but I had Botania added before it was added to the pack, so it gen in my world. You can always enable in the configs.

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
To everyone who has had the warded blocks crash, Azanor has fixed it for Thaumcraft 4.2.3.3 which will be included the next time I update the pack.

Been playing 0.96 happily for a little while (having upgraded from 0.95). Suddenly started to get the warded blocks crash (the cyclical error messages). I've updated Thaumcraft to 4.2.3.3, but it still crashes on load. This time around, I get 'in' to the game and it renders the view window, but locks up before crashing. Prior to updating Thaumcraft, I never got as far as seeing the view window.

I imagine this is still a problem with Thaumcraft, rather than an issue with this mudpack, but just in case, I thought it was worth mentioning here.

For anyone interested, the crash log is behind the spoiler tag.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't be sad, have a hug! <3
Time: 25/01/15 13:33
Description: Unexpected error
java.lang.StackOverflowError: Unexpected error
at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport.func_85055_a(CrashReport.java:373)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147439_a(World.java:350)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147453_f(World.java:3873)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147455_a(World.java:2603)
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150806_e(Chunk.java:851)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147438_o(World.java:2540)
at thaumcraft.common.blocks.BlockWarded.getBlock(BlockWarded.java:109)
at thaumcraft.common.blocks.BlockWarded.isNormalCube(BlockWarded.java:269)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147453_f(World.java:3876)
{from thaumcraft.common etc... repeats at least 200 times}
-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: MpServer
All players: 1 total; [EntityClientPlayerMP['Preladon'/435, l='MpServer', x=123.93, y=70.62, z=-8.39]]
Chunk stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 290, 290
Level seed: 0
Level generator: ID 02 - largeBiomes, ver 0. Features enabled: false
Level generator options:
Level spawn location: World: (93,71,24), Chunk: (at 13,4,8 in 5,1; contains blocks 80,0,16 to 95,255,31), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
Level time: 9145079 game time, 4181256 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x00000 - Unknown?
Level weather: Rain time: 0 (now: false), thunder time: 0 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
Forced entities: 109 total; </snip>
Retry entities: 0 total; []
Server brand: fml,forge
Server type: Integrated singleplayer server
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72914_a(WorldClient.java:373)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71396_d(Minecraft.java:2433)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:916)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 8.1 (amd64) version 6.3
Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 1333572280 bytes (1271 MB) / 2061631488 bytes (1966 MB) up to 4119199744 bytes (3928 MB)
JVM Flags: 42 total; -Xms256M -Xmx6144M -XX:permSize=256m -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xms2048M -Xmx4092M -XX:permSize=256m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=512m -XX:NewRatio=4 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=0 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=20 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=250 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrentAndUnloadsClasses -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=50 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:Tier0ProfilingStartPercentage=0 -XX:Tier3InvocationThreshold=3 -XX:Tier3MinInvocationThreshold=2 -XX:Tier3CompileThreshold=2 -XX:Tier3BackEdgeThreshold=10 -XX:Tier4InvocationThreshold=4 -XX:Tier4MinInvocationThreshold=3 -XX:Tier4CompileThreshold=2 -XX:Tier4BackEdgeThreshold=8 -XX:TieredCompileTaskTimeout=5000 -XX:Tier3DelayOn=50 -XX:Tier3DelayOff=25 -XX:+UseFastEmptyMethods -XX:-DontCompileHugeMethods -XX:+AlwaysCompileLoopMethods -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+UseNUMA
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 15, tallocated: 103
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.85.1277 Minecraft Forge 10.13.2.1277 139 mods loaded, 139 mods active
</snip>
Thaumcraft{4.2.3.3} [Thaumcraft] (Thaumcraft-1.7.10-4.2.3.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
<snip>
OpenModsLib crash transformers: [stencil_patches:FINISHED],[movement_callback:FINISHED],[map_gen_fix:FINISHED],[gl_capabilities_hook:FINISHED],[player_render_hook:FINISHED]
AE2 Version: beta rv2-beta-1 for Forge 10.13.2.1230
Mantle Environment: Environment healthy.
TConstruct Environment: Environment healthy.
Stencil buffer state: Function set: GL30, pool: internal, bits: 8
AE2 Integration: IC2:OFF, RotaryCraft:OFF, RC:ON, BC:ON, MJ6:OFF, MJ5:OFF, RF:ON, RFItem:ON, MFR:ON, DSU:ON, FZ:ON, FMP:ON, RB:OFF, CLApi:OFF, Waila:ON, InvTweaks:ON, NEI:ON, CraftGuide:OFF, Mekanism:OFF, ImmibisMicroblocks:OFF, BetterStorage:OFF
Launched Version: 1.7.10
LWJGL: 2.9.1
OpenGL: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 3.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation
GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
Using framebuffer objects because OpenGL 3.0 is supported and separate blending is supported.
Anisotropic filtering is supported and maximum anisotropy is 16.
Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Resource Packs: []
Current Language: English (US)
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Anisotropic Filtering: Off (1)

chromo1418

Jul 29, 2019
Someone who got a few tips for that seared stone quest to accelerate it? Even after upgrading the smeltery to 6 rows upwards, a cobble gen under it and a nearly infinitesource of lava (nether) it took me more than 2 or 3 real days to complete it.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing 0.96 happily for a little while (having upgraded from 0.95). Suddenly started to get the warded blocks crash (the cyclical error messages). I've updated Thaumcraft to 4.2.3.3, but it still crashes on load. This time around, I get 'in' to the game and it renders the view window, but locks up before crashing. Prior to updating Thaumcraft, I never got as far as seeing the view window.

I imagine this is still a problem with Thaumcraft, rather than an issue with this mudpack, but just in case, I thought it was worth mentioning here.

For anyone interested, the crash log is behind the spoiler tag.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't be sad, have a hug! <3
Time: 25/01/15 13:33
Description: Unexpected error
java.lang.StackOverflowError: Unexpected error
at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport.func_85055_a(CrashReport.java:373)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147439_a(World.java:350)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147453_f(World.java:3873)
at thaumcraft.common.blocks.BlockWarded.getBlock(BlockWarded.java:109)
at thaumcraft.common.blocks.BlockWarded.isNormalCube(BlockWarded.java:269)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147453_f(World.java:3876)
{from thaumcraft.common etc... repeats at least 200 times}
-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: MpServer
All players: 1 total; [EntityClientPlayerMP['Preladon'/435, l='MpServer', x=123.93, y=70.62, z=-8.39]]
Chunk stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 290, 290
Level seed: 0
Level generator: ID 02 - largeBiomes, ver 0. Features enabled: false
Level generator options:
Level spawn location: World: (93,71,24), Chunk: (at 13,4,8 in 5,1; contains blocks 80,0,16 to 95,255,31), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
Level time: 9145079 game time, 4181256 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x00000 - Unknown?
Level weather: Rain time: 0 (now: false), thunder time: 0 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
Forced entities: 109 total; </snip>
Retry entities: 0 total; []
Server brand: fml,forge
Server type: Integrated singleplayer server
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72914_a(WorldClient.java:373)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71396_d(Minecraft.java:2433)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:916)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 8.1 (amd64) version 6.3
Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 1333572280 bytes (1271 MB) / 2061631488 bytes (1966 MB) up to 4119199744 bytes (3928 MB)
JVM Flags: 42 total; -Xms256M -Xmx6144M -XX:permSize=256m -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xms2048M -Xmx4092M -XX:permSize=256m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=512m -XX:NewRatio=4 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=0 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=20 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=250 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrentAndUnloadsClasses -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=50 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:Tier0ProfilingStartPercentage=0 -XX:Tier3InvocationThreshold=3 -XX:Tier3MinInvocationThreshold=2 -XX:Tier3CompileThreshold=2 -XX:Tier3BackEdgeThreshold=10 -XX:Tier4InvocationThreshold=4 -XX:Tier4MinInvocationThreshold=3 -XX:Tier4CompileThreshold=2 -XX:Tier4BackEdgeThreshold=8 -XX:TieredCompileTaskTimeout=5000 -XX:Tier3DelayOn=50 -XX:Tier3DelayOff=25 -XX:+UseFastEmptyMethods -XX:-DontCompileHugeMethods -XX:+AlwaysCompileLoopMethods -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+UseNUMA
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 15, tallocated: 103
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.85.1277 Minecraft Forge 10.13.2.1277 139 mods loaded, 139 mods active
</snip>
Thaumcraft{4.2.3.3} [Thaumcraft] (Thaumcraft-1.7.10-4.2.3.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
<snip>
OpenModsLib crash transformers: [stencil_patches:FINISHED],[movement_callback:FINISHED],[map_gen_fix:FINISHED],[gl_capabilities_hook:FINISHED],[player_render_hook:FINISHED]
AE2 Version: beta rv2-beta-1 for Forge 10.13.2.1230
Mantle Environment: Environment healthy.
TConstruct Environment: Environment healthy.
Stencil buffer state: Function set: GL30, pool: internal, bits: 8
AE2 Integration: IC2:OFF, RotaryCraft:OFF, RC:ON, BC:ON, MJ6:OFF, MJ5:OFF, RF:ON, RFItem:ON, MFR:ON, DSU:ON, FZ:ON, FMP:ON, RB:OFF, CLApi:OFF, Waila:ON, InvTweaks:ON, NEI:ON, CraftGuide:OFF, Mekanism:OFF, ImmibisMicroblocks:OFF, BetterStorage:OFF
Launched Version: 1.7.10
LWJGL: 2.9.1
OpenGL: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 3.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation
GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
Using framebuffer objects because OpenGL 3.0 is supported and separate blending is supported.
Anisotropic filtering is supported and maximum anisotropy is 16.
Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Resource Packs: []
Current Language: English (US)
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Anisotropic Filtering: Off (1)

You will have to remove the warded block using MCedit. "I THINK" Its not that hard of the program, you just need to know where the blocks were.

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
Someone who got a few tips for that seared stone quest to accelerate it? Even after upgrading the smeltery to 6 rows upwards, a cobble gen under it and a nearly infinitesource of lava (nether) it took me more than 2 or 3 real days to complete it.

I dropped triple compressed cobble into the smeltery. It melts just as fast as cobble, but obviously contains way more. I made my smeltery pretty tall. Also, use a liquid transfer node with a couple of speed upgrades on a drain straight to your QDS. I run a server so I chunkloaded the area once it was full of triple compressed cobble. Ran relatively quick at that point.