[1.7.10] Automata — RPG, HQM, Reputation Systems, Custom Ore Gen, Mystcraft Ages

Should I add a magic mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
They spawn from the Botany flowers.

To everyone who has had the warded blocks crash, Azanor has fixed it for Thaumcraft 4.2.3.3 which will be included the next time I update the pack.

Also, version 0.9.6 is now on the launcher!

Last edited:
Reactions: BMB78

EPAstor

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Downloaded 0.9.6, finished the Robots for the "Automaton MKII" quest - and the book won't detect them. I think I'm letting myself cheat past it for now... but building the Robots (in a Crafting Station, laying out the recipe x5 by hand, and then shift-clicking to dump all results into my inventory) resulted in Robots the quest won't accept. Any idea what's up?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to see screenshot of other players worlds. How they are setting up or rehabbing the factory. I am in a creative rut so to speak.

Shadow-

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't really built anything. I took over the smelter room and have built in there for the most part. That room contains all my storage, and my metal smelter. I built a floor above that that has my highover that is running the seared stone. The left production side has another high oven and smelter running the wet cement and the right side has four coke ovens and some machines. I've also built an infusion setup in the magic room. That is about it.

Reactions: RehabOholic

Whitedragonzzgamer

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to suggest another mod to put in the pack that would be MyFit it would go with the tech and magic. Also it would help those who are fighting and exploring the area, though I am not sure if this will do any harm to the another mod or old worlds.

Whitedragonzzgamer

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to see screenshot of other players worlds. How they are setting up or rehabbing the factory. I am in a creative rut so to speak.

I am working on the village first setting up new homes and wondering if I should go into the factory its so huge and with all that room omg so much to light lol

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
We actually built in the castle and have basically avoided trhe factory except to pillage it for resources.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
We actually built in the castle and have basically avoided trhe factory except to pillage it for resources.

That's what I have seen a few people do. They tend to stick close to the village as I have. I want to start using the factory, and fix the rail way to and from the factory with trains for the villagers.lol As stated I have lost the love I have for so many things that I have all these cool ideas, but when I fire up the game I just stand there, lost and alone.lol

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I forgot iron golems are blacklisted by default. Since making a vanilla iron golem farm is a bit ridiculous I'll whitelist them.

Get to 2000 company rank, then the quests that lead to the ending will open up.

Uh oh, that's a bug. Unfortunately anyone else who has already started a world will encounter this unless they complete the ending before going. I'll change out the book with a map update but maybe also include an intra-linking book in the rewards for current maps.

Are there prerequisites in addition to Company Rank to open up the quest line to get to the room with all the books? We finally passed 2K rank last night and I haven't seen any new quests open up that I could find. I will double check tonight after work just in case.

Shadow-

Jul 29, 2019
So I just finished the Zombie and Skeleton killing quests.
Looking ahead to the Wither and Blaze quests, something is really wrong.
I would say I've killed 30 to 40 Blaze as I have 22 rods and 34 powder. The quest says I've killed 0. The Wither quest is even worse as I've killed maybe 3 or 4 and the quest says 225! Playing current 0.9.6 version

Whitedragonzzgamer

Jul 29, 2019
I would say I've killed 30 to 40 Blaze as I have 22 rods and 34 powder. The quest says I've killed 0. The Wither quest is even worse as I've killed maybe 3 or 4 and the quest says 225! Playing current 0.9.6 version

I know in some quests I have done in the past mod packs you have to unlock the quest that requires you to kill x amount of monsters first before it counts. Maybe that is the reason why you have not received credit for the kills you have done.

Whitedragonzzgamer

Jul 29, 2019
So I had a problem getting past the copper level on the tinkers pickaxe, I broke down and got the iron pickaxe from a mob drop and used that to mine the other poor ores. Can anyone tell me where I might have missed the step to boost my tinkers pick to iron. I have it at really high in rank like legendary or heroic at one time, then used a new pickaxe head and lost the natural boost so I boosted it with a Skelly head on it to get it back to cooper levels. Pick was made out of flint what would have been next step.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019

Did you kill the Blazes before the quest was unlocked?
The Wither Skeleton quest actually counts regular Skeletons as well because they are the same mob ID. That's why I added the secondary task of requiring necrotic bones.

So I had a problem getting past the copper level on the tinkers pickaxe, I broke down and got the iron pickaxe from a mob drop and used that to mine the other poor ores. Can anyone tell me where I might have missed the step to boost my tinkers pick to iron. I have it at really high in rank like legendary or heroic at one time, then used a new pickaxe head and lost the natural boost so I boosted it with a Skelly head on it to get it back to cooper levels. Pick was made out of flint what would have been next step.
Harvest level tweaks are not supposed to be enabled. What version are you on? If you want to turn them off change "B:HarvestLevelTweaks=true" to false in the IguanaTinkerTweaks modules.cfg

Shadow-

Jul 29, 2019
Did you kill the Blazes before the quest was unlocked?
The Wither Skeleton quest actually counts regular Skeletons as well because they are the same mob ID. That's why I added the secondary task of requiring necrotic bones.
The Blaze were killed before the quest opened..If the Wither quest is counting Skeletons, shouldn't it count the same 500 I killed for the skeleton quest? I haven't gotten a necrotic bone or quest (does that open after the wither skeleton quest?

I ran into another problem - How do you make biofuel? I've tried biomass into a refinery and a still but I get ethenol. Nevermind found the bioreactor

Thanks for the quick answers!

Last edited:

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
HQM doesn't track kills until the quest is unlocked, so anything you killed before the quest opened doesn't get counted. Same goes for the skeleton quests. Once the Wither Skeleton quest unlocks killing a skeleton of any type will count for both the normal Skeleton quest and the Wither Skeleton one. Once the Wither Skeleton quest's killing task is completed a submit task will require 64 necrotic bones, which are craftable now. You actually don't have to fight a Wither Skeleton at all to complete that quest.

Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
HQM doesn't track kills until the quest is unlocked, so anything you killed before the quest opened doesn't get counted. Same goes for the skeleton quests. Once the Wither Skeleton quest unlocks killing a skeleton of any type will count for both the normal Skeleton quest and the Wither Skeleton one. Once the Wither Skeleton quest's killing task is completed a submit task will require 64 necrotic bones, which are craftable now. You actually don't have to fight a Wither Skeleton at all to complete that quest.

I have been playing for a while now, and I would like to say :(:(:p I got to the point where most people like me say "I think its time for an EnderPouch" even though I have made them a thousand times before I still had to look at the recipe!! All I can say WHY YOU SO EVIL.lol lol Please tell me there is a quest to get one? I thought well maybe I will take a look at the ender hand from Botania! All I can say is you are very smart, that you changed that as well. Evil, but smart. I feel I will complete the quest book before I make one.

I also was wondering about the quest line "Power Struggle" I have it unlocked, but there are no quests. Is that not finished or do I need to progress further? I really like the pack, I finely got a fire lit under my (well you know lol), and started to think of the best way to repair the factory using a wand of equal trade. I was wonder though, are you planning any more quests/changes to your pack? It's fine the way it is, just wondering cause I haven't herd anything pertaining to updates in awhile. Again Thank you for the great Pack.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
For Power Struggle , you have to find some specific places like the mage lab in the factory.

Thank you:) I am still far from wanting to attempt clearing the factory.lol Even with full mana armor I get wrecked easy. I need to though, because I really don't want to build in the village when I have a really nice "well will be" factory to build a lot in.

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
One tip: one the three i have discovered so far is in the castle, the basement of the old tower.
Interesting. I unlocked the first quest in that chain by discovering
Edmund, the named zombie in the factory near the coke ovens.
I hadn't unlocked anything further for a while, but then I got the pointer to the basement of the old tower with a 'location' quest, I didn't have to find it myself. The first step in that chain was a company rank of at least 500, so I assume that's why I got this one displayed.