[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you like it. I'll look into Gogs of the Machine at some point, as for BTW, it never updated (and is incompatible with Forge) so it most likely will never happen. Harvestcraft would be nice, but it is currently incompatible with TFC. Tinkers construct... maybe.

I have also looked into Tinkers Construct but turned it down since you need to put lava into the smeltery for it to work.

Danjal

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you like it. I'll look into Gogs of the Machine at some point, as for BTW, it never updated (and is incompatible with Forge) so it most likely will never happen. Harvestcraft would be nice, but it is currently incompatible with TFC. Tinkers construct... maybe.

If by 'kind of server' you mean PvP/co-op, then I would recommend co-op, as TFC encourages specialized labor.
Yea, BTW creator flowerchild had a bit of a falling out with the forge crew and doesn't play nice with other mods - its a bit of a "in a perfect world" kinda dream that would never work out.

TFC is close to that, its more that Bioxx never intended for it to be compatible because he wanted to go so far with it.

With what kind of - I meant along the lines of server strength, minimum RAM etc.
I have also looked into Tinkers Construct but turned it down since you need to put lava into the smeltery for it to work.
TFC has both lava and lava carrying buckets right? I mean, as an end-game tech that shouldn't necessarily be a dead end?
Mind you, I recognize that getting both tool mechanics to play nice with eachother would be a whole different can of worms to overcome - so I doubt the two would easily become compatible.

Pam's Harvestcraft would work sooner, since there is an overlap in ingredient types that could be manipulated somewhat. But again, big behind the scenes project that wouldn't play nice with updates. =/
The cool mods never play nice. XD

izzy1488

Jul 29, 2019
So.. I haven't taken the time to look through the 15 pages to see if anyone has suggested this... But.. Witchery seems to work fine with TFC, it even spawns the hobgoblins... the only problem I seem to have is the saplings besides the oak one, won't produce any fumes. So far that is the only stuff I have to cheat in hah... Also... Cogs in the machine Mod would be perfect... Another TFC pack uses it a swell.. I prefer this modpack however. It's the best

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-10-forge-cogs-of-the-machine-v0-1-4pre1-back

Reactions: OneWolfe

Danjal

Jul 29, 2019
So.. I haven't taken the time to look through the 15 pages to see if anyone has suggested this... But.. Witchery seems to work fine with TFC, it even spawns the hobgoblins... the only problem I seem to have is the saplings besides the oak one, won't produce any fumes. So far that is the only stuff I have to cheat in hah... Also... Cogs in the machine Mod would be perfect... Another TFC pack uses it a swell.. I prefer this modpack however. It's the best

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-10-forge-cogs-of-the-machine-v0-1-4pre1-back
Seems to me that the sapling problem can be easily resolved - if they can manage it for ores/metals, the same dictionary trick can be applied for saplings I reckon.

Getting a magic approach to TFC seems pretty neat aswell. Would add a bunch of depth. Though not necessarily the direction that every pack would want to take.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Cogs of the machine - same problem as railcraft, does not except TFC water to make steam, when RC adds TFC water support, I will reconsider adding Cogs of he Machine

As for magic, I was going to add Thaumcraft in 2.6, but after having done some of the recipes, I noticed two major issues:
1: Cannot fill the crucible
2: Research recipes do not use Ore Dictionary, would have to remake all of them
Witchery has far to many bugs with TFC to be added at this time.

Danjal

Jul 29, 2019
What if you provide the player with a vanilla bucket and/or a way to obtain vanilla buckets?

I guess it does add the problem that TFC water is made with limitations in mind, but it'd be a functional compromise?
Though I suppose that is your reason not to do it. Not wanting to break with the TFC chosen characteristics.

ariosos

Jul 29, 2019
I started a random creative world just for testing (v2.5.3), and this (very nasty) seed started me in a ravine that started to collapse: -3854428094571756472 (there actually some rice and cabbage not too far away)

TFC_nastyseed.jpg

TFC_landslide.jpg

Just one advice for this seed - JUMP!
Nice terrain and a nearby small forest, though.

TheLeninist

Jul 29, 2019
It seems to be impossible to get Alloy Ingots at this point. Or is it?

I made alloy dust from coal, tungsten and limonite but I can't smelt it into ingots. Is that a problem with ELN or TechnoFirma or am I doing something wrong?

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
It seems to be impossible to get Alloy Ingots at this point. Or is it?

I made alloy dust from coal, tungsten and limonite but I can't smelt it into ingots. Is that a problem with ELN or TechnoFirma or am I doing something wrong?

How are you trying to smelt it? Smelting it in an EA furnace should work.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
For a server, I'd recommend about 2 GB of RAM (1.5 GB to MC, the rest as permgen) and a CPU of no less than 2.4 Ghz - basically something fairly powerful. I would also try adding Fastcraft, and/or using the pregen command to generate a decent section of the map so you don't deal with world gen issues.

Alloy Ingots - something broke in the update, I'll try to have it fixed for the next one

TheLeninist

Jul 29, 2019
'Advanced Electrical Motors' and 'Cheap Ferromagnetic Cores' seem to need vanilla iron. Wrought iron doesn't work

Last edited:

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Alloy Ingots - something broke in the update, I'll try to have it fixed for the next one

smelting stuff in the ELN furnace is broken by the line you added that removed all it's smelting recipes...
Code:
furnace.remove(<Eln:Eln.sharedItem:*>);

find that line in the EAFixes script and comment it out will allow smelting of all the ELN recipes again

Tobus

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to fix the 'Fatally Missing Blocks & Items' error when joining a server?

stephenOssel

Jul 29, 2019
Zo about this TechnoFirma server, does anyone wants to start a village with me or ia there already a village that i join, i am pretty good miner and i can work with electrics

Trek54

Jul 29, 2019
Could you instruct me how to update the minecraft version for the mod both server side and client side. I have a pretty decent computer dedicated as a server nothing running background. I.E AMDFX 8 core processor 4.0GHZ 16 Gig ram. Radeon HD 7950. Good internet connection. It is so lag intensive it can't support more than 2 people at a time that's even on a local network (Thought it was the modem but... we have tested it on 3 a Bipac, Asus and a Netcomm no different). Getting 60,000 Average tick to well above. I am really thinking I need the other cores at work so the upgraded minecraft version. Thanks for your help

Addendum (smooth as marble generally on FTB ultimate and unleashed.)

Last edited: