[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
Yep :)

Attachments

• 2015-01-20_14.54.47.png
    2015-01-20_14.54.47.png
    249.5 KB · Views: 80

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Some botania Balancing

# Set to anything other than -1 for passive generation flowers (dayblooms, nightshades, hydroangeas) to die after a specific amount of ticks. 24000 is 2 minecraft days, that's a recomended value.
I:passiveWither.time=48000

You want to know something evil:p If you update Botania, you wouldn't have to set them to die, because Some Flowers that gen mana were moved until you get the elven knowledge"i.e, Thermalily, Kekimurus, Heisei Dream, Orechid, Loonium..

Swift_slide

Jul 29, 2019
Why can't i melt down iron dust from mekanism?

Edit: It seems like I can't melt ingot with the furnace anymore
And another little question: How do you want me to get 576 REDSTONE!!!

Edit: Redstone fixed. I'm starting to like botania XD But it took me a lot of thermalilies and lava. But still found a way. Now just wait for enough mana!

Last edited:

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Well... good I already made a bunch of Thermalilies ^^ and my Loonium is working, too.

A lil question: Which mod make it, that the light is... I don't know "More realistic" I guess?
I actually find it very irritating after a while, when you stand still and move your camera and the light goes bright -> dark -> bright -> dark all the time... Bad for my eyes :/

Iionas2002

Jul 29, 2019
I just installed this pack on my FTB Launcher I am running java version 7 update 51 (build 1.7.0_51-b13) and the mudpack wont load past the launch screen. I was wondering if there is a way to fix this so I can play the mudpack. I uploaded a error report showing what it is doing when Launch the mudpack. I am using version 1.1.17 of the mod pack. I am also running with 10 MB of Ram as well.

Attachments

• Error Report.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Swift_slide

Jul 29, 2019
I just installed this pack on my FTB Launcher I am running java version 7 update 51 (build 1.7.0_51-b13) and the mudpack wont load past the launch screen. I was wondering if there is a way to fix this so I can play the mudpack. I uploaded a error report showing what it is doing when Launch the mudpack. I am using version 1.1.17 of the mod pack. I am also running with 10 MB of Ram as well.
10 mb isn't that much. Try using 2.5-3 gigs ;)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thought I'd give this a go, here's some feedback:

Bad or icky things:
Enviromine Body Temperature. Not sure what is going on, but this seems hardly worth it. Body temperature hardly changes no matter the external temperature. As a user of an earlier version of Enviromine, I've found keeping an eye on your body temperature pretty vital. Just swimming a river can easily lead to hypothermia. But, in Blast Off, I can stroll around the frozen deserts in the middle of a snow storm at night, and not worry at all.

Starting area - a lot of the things you start with make some of the quests pretty obsolete. Bonemeal and Watering can (aka "cheaty" infinite bonemeal). The non-water water in the spatial farm (infinite drinking water and glass bottles)

Roguelike Dungeons made out of snow, and these are supposed to be old bomb shelters? Seems odd/inconsistent.

After a while of playing, FPS plummets like crazy. Haven't established what is going on. I replaced the minimap with Opis, but once I reloaded, world was fine. Opis was also quite happy. Still investigating. Might be needing Fastcraft on my rig.

Battle music - default volume is crazily loud, I personally disabled it as it offers nothing (for me)

Minimap mod - had to change it, when it blurs as you move, it's just painful on the eyes

ItemPhysic mod I may remove. Makes finding dropped items more difficult, might be configurable

Mob Amputation/Dismemberment does make things a little annoying, lots of body parts everywhere that get in the way.

MyFit - tried it until I got the first bonus, and put the item in a chest. Gaining such a fast speed boost is annoying. I can't really see why it's in the pack.

Good things:
Taken me a while work out how to progress with my mining. Just obtained by first bit of smashed copper as a result.

Great base design

Whatever mod that causes torches to set fire to trees, 10/10!

Encumbrance system and custom stack sizes, interesting concept. Putting it here under good until I discover it's too annoying :p

Overall, seems a good map, but, doesn't feel like a "survival" map, even though it's got a lot of survival mods in it. I think it's because you start with so much, a large element of the danger vanishes. My biggest challenge now is to work out/remember how to make a clay bucket. :p

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

Bad or icky things:
Enviromine Body Temperature. Not sure what is going on, but this seems hardly worth it. Body temperature hardly changes no matter the external temperature. As a user of an earlier version of Enviromine, I've found keeping an eye on your body temperature pretty vital. Just swimming a river can easily lead to hypothermia. But, in Blast Off, I can stroll around the frozen deserts in the middle of a snow storm at night, and not worry at all.

Starting area - a lot of the things you start with make some of the quests pretty obsolete. Bonemeal and Watering can (aka "cheaty" infinite bonemeal). The non-water water in the spatial farm (infinite drinking water and glass bottles)

Roguelike Dungeons made out of snow, and these are supposed to be old bomb shelters? Seems odd/inconsistent.

After a while of playing, FPS plummets like crazy. Haven't established what is going on. I replaced the minimap with Opis, but once I reloaded, world was fine. Opis was also quite happy. Still investigating. Might be needing Fastcraft on my rig.

Battle music - default volume is crazily loud, I personally disabled it as it offers nothing (for me)

Minimap mod - had to change it, when it blurs as you move, it's just painful on the eyes

ItemPhysic mod I may remove. Makes finding dropped items more difficult, might be configurable

Mob Amputation/Dismemberment does make things a little annoying, lots of body parts everywhere that get in the way.

MyFit - tried it until I got the first bonus, and put the item in a chest. Gaining such a fast speed boost is annoying. I can't really see why it's in the pack.

Good things:
Taken me a while work out how to progress with my mining. Just obtained by first bit of smashed copper as a result.

Great base design

Encumbrance system and custom stack sizes, interesting concept. Putting it here under good until I discover it's too annoying :p

Overall, seems a good map, but, doesn't feel like a "survival" map, even though it's got a lot of survival mods in it. I think it's because you start with so much, a large element of the danger vanishes. My biggest challenge now is to work out/remember how to make a clay bucket. :p

I am in shock that you think that what is given at the beginning is to much.lol You are the first person who has said that, that leads me to believe you haven't progressed very far at all. In a few more quest you are going to hit a wall, avalanche, and just for fun a TON of bricks! That's just my opinion:p

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I am in shock that you think that what is given at the beginning is to much.lol You are the first person who has said that, that leads me to believe you haven't progressed very far at all. In a few more quest you are going to hit a wall, avalanche, and just for fun a TON of bricks! That's just my opinion:p
As I've said, I've mined my first piece of copper. That's as far as I've got. Compared to other similar style maps, this one does give you a lot of stuff from the start.

Reactions: RehabOholic

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
As I've said, I've mined my first piece of copper. That's as far as I've got. Compared to other similar style maps, this one does give you a lot of stuff from the start.

It gives you some more at the start, but askes more later in game (alot more ^^)
I like this map because of this. The start is a "bit" easier (when you ignore support creeper, rocket creeper and festival creeper... uhm... well not that you 'can' ignore them, hehe) but you have to think more later about "What to get how". Especially since the currently "common" ways of getting things is pretty much not avaible in this modpack. (like an early mob-farm with MFR or so. You actually have to handle working with vanilla spawners for a long time)

When it comes to temperature: You will learn to love the sanity-bar later when you try to master your first dungeon. And with "love" I mean "really, really, -really- hate it". :D
The sanity effects are so mean when you are wounded and try to get home to heal up.

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019

Bad or icky things:

Good things:

Great base design

I believe that the roguelike dungeons were made AFTER the nuke went off. The few that survived were mutated by the radiation and built the dungeons for safety. They built deeper and deeper and became paranoid of attackers and built traps. Another possibility is that some people built a base and went 'to far' although this is learned from diaries inside the dungeon and the diaries are in no way controlled by karma. You find them in the bedrooms and some chests. They used to be on the top floor before the roof but the mod no longer spawns a chest there (Or an ender chest or bed. *sigh*)

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
It gives you some more at the start, but askes more later in game (alot more ^^)
I like this map because of this. The start is a "bit" easier (when you ignore support creeper, rocket creeper and festival creeper... uhm... well not that you 'can' ignore them, hehe) but you have to think more later about "What to get how". Especially since the currently "common" ways of getting things is pretty much not avaible in this modpack. (like an early mob-farm with MFR or so. You actually have to handle working with vanilla spawners for a long time)

When it comes to temperature: You will learn to love the sanity-bar later when you try to master your first dungeon. And with "love" I mean "really, really, -really- hate it". :D
The sanity effects are so mean when you are wounded and try to get home to heal up.
Nothing is worse than when you are so insane that the death screen will appear randomly. Happened to me once when I accidentally was holding a wither skull (Thank you skull room :D)

Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that the roguelike dungeons were made AFTER the nuke went off. The few that survived were mutated by the radiation and built the dungeons for safety. They built deeper and deeper and became paranoid of attackers and built traps. Another possibility is that some people built a base and went 'to far' although this is learned from diaries inside the dungeon and the diaries are in no way controlled by karma. You find them in the bedrooms and some chests. They used to be on the top floor before the roof but the mod no longer spawns a chest there (Or an ender chest or bed. *sigh*)

I was wondering what happened to the chests at the top. I thought there was a config option that was called generous something that kept them from spawning:(

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering what happened to the chests at the top. I thought there was a config option that was called generous something that kept them from spawning:(
They were disabled in one of the roguelike dungeons mod. Apparently starting out with a pre-made base, enderchest, bed, enchanted leather, and stone tools was too OP.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012

I've been friends with those other types of creeper since 1.4.7 days. Already working on a safety wall and mob killing system that should protect me (as long as I don't do anything stupid). Plus have plans for a mob drop system. Pretty standard really. I do know with the festive and rocket creepers you have to be really really really careful with your designs, they will spoil your day, combined with zombie awareness hordes.

I've been insane once. Not a mechanic I use personally with enviromine (although, may change that), just wondered what was going on. Left on a nice morning to go smash up some hardened gravel, when my sanity dropped insanely fast. I could only assume that it was because I hadn't slept yet (found a bed, so no probs). Had to remain insane for the rest of the day until I could get some sleep. My flowers were not helping to much.