[64x] Soartex Fanver - Smooth and Clean FTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019
Gui is done. Check it out here and see if everything is good. http://soartex.net/threads/bc-ic2-petrogen.411/ I really like the mod and the ideas behind it. Congrats on making it into mindcrack too!

Hi mate, thanks for that, it looks amazing! Apologies for an abysmal response time, I just realised that I didn't subscribe to this thread for mysterious reasons. And finally thanks for the wishes - stoked to be included in a modpack![DOUBLEPOST=1357616578][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually, talking about the Minecrack modpack, I notice that the PetroGen texture pack isn't included in the Minecrack Soartex download. It might be worthwhile including it so that people's eyes don't bleed from the original texture and my terrible attempts at texturing ;)

Reactions: GoldBattle

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
O boy! Nice catch! Completely my fault. I forgot to add your mod to our patcher, and therefore it didn't carry down to when we compiled the pack. Main pack(mindcrack) download is updated (and the patcher), but the download in the ftb launch is probably going to update once we get some more textures pushed out.

Thanks!

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019
I totally agree zah! With the forge ore dictionary getting more and more use every time updates come along, I will not be surprised to see that there still remains more then one type of ore in the game soon. But you do see the major problem. The identification of the ores. I am pretty sure the pack will be unifying all the ores across the mods but the ingots are still up to question. Ingots are what the user is usually managing in their inventory and therefore it is very user friendly to have similar but different colors of the same ores. I also believe that shoe is in the process of making a new ore pattern that matches the pack and could allow for the users to easily tell one ore from another.

Totally love this idea. I noticed the textures for the ores containing Redpower gems were slightly different - made it really easy to tell the difference between them and other ores.

My humble suggestions would be for:
  1. Zah's consolidation suggestions (my current pain is I can't tell between tin and lead very easily)
  2. Xycorium ore (or whatever the hell the Xycraft ores are called) to have it's own ore pattern - same as how the thaumcraft infused stone and redpower gems are different.
  3. Thaumcraft amber to use the redpower gem ore texture, but orange, seeing as amber is practically a gem
I reckon those three changes would make every ore really easily to identify by eye - I currently need to have the NEI tooltip over as Tin/Lead look really similar, as do light xycorium(sp?) and aluminium in medium/low light.

Spets15

Jul 29, 2019
for the Mindcrack FTB I think it needs textures for Stickreeds, it looks the same as Reeds

elkillo

Jul 29, 2019
thank you for adding this texture pack to FTB i was waiting for it =). is it safe to assume as the different texture for the pack are done they will be added? thank you in advance!

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
Woo! We are in the FTB launcher! Lots of things to fix, though.

In my mind, here is how things will go ore-wise:
The current copper and tin ores for IC2 will become standard for all copper and tin.
I will remake the silver ore and make it standard across all silvers.
Monazit will be remade. Looks funny right now.
Apatite will be changed to the crystalline base.
The current gregtech gem textures will become standard across all gems. Even RP2.
The hamaczi ore currently being used for RP2 gems will no longer be used. I love it to death, but not everyone likes it. I would like it to be used for Amber though.
The infused stone will be remade to be more infused-y and better shaded.
A new shape will be made for xycraft ores. No guarantee on when, however.

Kaffefilter

Jul 29, 2019
Woo! We are in the FTB launcher! Lots of things to fix, though.

In my mind, here is how things will go ore-wise:
The current copper and tin ores for IC2 will become standard for all copper and tin.
I will remake the silver ore and make it standard across all silvers.
Monazit will be remade. Looks funny right now.
Apatite will be changed to the crystalline base.
The current gregtech gem textures will become standard across all gems. Even RP2.
The hamaczi ore currently being used for RP2 gems will no longer be used. I love it to death, but not everyone likes it. I would like it to be used for Amber though.
The infused stone will be remade to be more infused-y and better shaded.
A new shape will be made for xycraft ores. No guarantee on when, however.
Sounds like you got your work cut out ;)

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome work on making it into the launcher guys - this texture set is amazing and deserves the exposure.

Mdt7734

Jul 29, 2019
Pack loaded by launcher, all my stuff looks good in game, can't be easier than this....

Thanks...

nsmyrnos

Jul 29, 2019
For vanilla textures that are still missing from the pack, are you aware of which are remaining or would it be helpful for us to report them? Don't want to clutter the thread if it would not be useful.

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
Because this pack is available via the launcher, it's the pack I chose. I'll be honest, there are other packs I prefer the looks of, but I'm a simple kinda guy, who likes the appeal of clicking and loading the texturepack via the launcher. So because this is the first (and only) pack available via the launcher, it'll be the pack I use and recommend to others. So thanx for putting it together, and thanx for beating out the bunch by being the first to have an official pack, hosted in the launcher.

Reactions: Mdt7734

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
For vanilla textures that are still missing from the pack, are you aware of which are remaining or would it be helpful for us to report them? Don't want to clutter the thread if it would not be useful.
I am aware. Another vanilla update is really coming along well.

@Wizaerd: Thanks! I guess?

SublightNova

Jul 29, 2019
I absolutely love this pack. I also like the sphax one but this one just seems a bit more polished and I appear to run into fewer glitches with this one. Keep up the good work. Using DW20 pack btw.

verid

Jul 29, 2019
Firstly, great texture pack. Anyone looking to get textures less cartoony than Sphax should try this.

I'm running my own ghetto FTB Ultimate pack by combining Direwolf20 v3 and Mindcrack v6 mod packs together, using your Soartex Modded texture pack download. There's a slight problem where dusts (e.g. Coal Dust from a Macerator) have no texture and end up being invisible - both the inventory item and the entity on the ground. Any idea what might be causing this issue?

EDIT:
It affects IDs 21257:240 through 21257:247. They're the dusts of vanilla ores.

Zionmoose

Jul 29, 2019
Firstly, great texture pack. Anyone looking to get textures less cartoony than Sphax should try this.

I'm running my own ghetto FTB Ultimate pack by combining Direwolf20 v3 and Mindcrack v6 mod packs together, using your Soartex Modded texture pack download. There's a slight problem where dusts (e.g. Coal Dust from a Macerator) have no texture and end up being invisible - both the inventory item and the entity on the ground. Any idea what might be causing this issue?

EDIT:
It affects IDs 21257:240 through 21257:247. They're the dusts of vanilla ores.

I can't remember, but I am not sure if gregtech is fully textured. If that is the case, I know it changes alot of the recipes to it's own so it may have something to do with those textures. I would have to snoop around.

Auroron

Jul 29, 2019
This texturepack is pretty good. :) I'm missing some textures for the mindcrack mod though. For example, the trains and some rails of the traincraft mod have the standard textures. It is also the same for some saplings and other items.
I'm looking forward when you've been able to update this.:)

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I've noticed the Savannah biome is green grass, and green long grass (when using the DW20 version of the pack anyway) in Soartex as opposed to the brownish tint of the biome in vanilla and other texture packs such as JohnSmith.

Is this due to it's incomplete status or a design decision?

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
I saw your post on the forums and am still unsure how to answer. I'm not quite sure if it was a design choice or not. Do you think it would look better if we changed it to closer resemble the vanilla texture?

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I saw your post on the forums and am still unsure how to answer. I'm not quite sure if it was a design choice or not. Do you think it would look better if we changed it to closer resemble the vanilla texture?
I think a very slight brownish tint to the green would be fitting. Savannas as hot and dry, so they're not going to be as fresh green as the plains.

Status
Not open for further replies.