Werewolf: The Purification - Game Thread

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
GAME WON BY VILLAGE

Please do not post here if you are not playing this Werewolf game. I will accept new players until the game starts (in around 6 hours).
Please do not post here until the game begins (when I say.)
Familiarize yourself with the roles and rules; I've made minor modifications over the last few days. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oyEazg0vwpbKcy4E_UogCHgxXqnJlpEkcOyHp3TxtUQ/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Nights will end at 5PM EST (10PM UTC)

Player List:

Rules:
  • Lynch vote counts will always be summarized. ("Pyure received 14 votes and was lynched.")
  • You may vote for Nobody on Day 1; he'll commit suicide at the end of the day regardless.
  • On day one, if someone besides "Nobody" is lynched, there will be no wolf kill.
  • Where "rank" matters, roles in the spreadsheet are sorted in descending rank
  • No dead talking, especially if its important. I'm lenient. You can read this to mean "Pyure won't care if I dead-talk a tiny bit with ooooooOOOooos appropriately but will get pissed off if I take unnecessary advantage."
  • If an unforeseen mechanical quibble presents itself and I'm not convinced that the rules implicitly or explicitly provide an answer, I reserve the right to flip a coin and decide how it goes. Other than that, there's no RNG.
  • I'm copied on ALL CONVERSATIONS, including IRC etc. If you want to stay on my good side you'll also keep all convos to the forum, since I prefer to monitor this stuff real-time. If I have to read IRC at the end of the day, summaries may be delayed.
  • You must vote every day. I don't care what your reasons are for voting for someone, but I will smite you into oblivion if you don't vote.
  • In the event that every single player has a single vote (perfect round of anti-smites), I will smite, let's see, the lowest ranked villager. You guys decide how to prevent that. Just to be clear, this is a "vote as a word", not a "vote as a tallied entity." So the Boss's vote counts as a single vote for this purpose.
  • I encourage you to shoot the shit with me in your role convo
  • I don't care what you quote, you're all a bunch of hacking liars anyway, but no screenshots
  • Standard fluff I may have omitted.
Accomplishments
  • Artful Dodger: Mislead an Assassin sufficiently to get him killed.
    • Nobody
  • Roleplayer: Contribute strongly to the "theme" of the game.
    • RJS
  • Last Man Standing: Win as one of the last two villagers or as the sole remaining insurrectionist.
    • Nobody
  • James Bond: Amuse me with your detective skills.
    • Gideonseymour
  • Top Dog: As the Alpha, kill an Insurrectionist by switching votes.
    • Shazam08
The human insurrection has been attacking our noble lycanthrope society for months now. We must do what we can to end the murders.

Night 0

Last night, a citizen was found murdered in his den. A tooth of his and a fair quantity of his blood was missing.

His human murderer was tracked down and killed within hours, but the stolen tooth and blood were no longer on his person and are presumably still at large.

Night 0: Summary
  • Nobody's sister's daughter's uncle's friend's father was murdered
  • A Wolf Tooth was found.
  • A vial of Wolf Blood was found.

Design errors
  • Boss's extra-vote power should be optional use.
  • Allowing quotes may make it too easy to "prove" roles
  • Unclear whether tooth-target should know who "gave" them the tooth via spying with it (I've arbitrarily decided that target always learns who learned about them)

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You may feel free to shoot the shit on this thread before game starts. No voting or anything particularly game-wise please until game starts.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Alright, fellow wolves, here's the deal. We've probably got three humans and a madman in our midst. If we lynch Nobody, we've got an exact 0% chance to kill a human tonight. If we choose our own target, we've got... A one in four shot? Yeah. I like those odds.

Vote HeilMewTwo
You may feel free to shoot the shit on this thread before game starts. No voting or anything particularly game-wise please until game starts.

Reactions: Shazam08

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Shrug, makes sense to me. chbachman, this is your first warning, stop confusing Shazam.

PS: I'm just allowing a bit more time for people to alert me if I screwed anything up.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Not yet. I'll explicitly let ya'all know when you can begin lying and stabbing each other in the back and whatnot.

I was gonna start 3h14m from now but really everything's good to go unless I really screwed something up. Was hoping to see Cheese and some other stragglers wander in at the last second, but screw em :p

Give it 1hr 12mins guys.

C

chbachman

I somehow interpreted this:

as this:

...I blame Hawaiian Bachman.
Shrug, makes sense to me. chbachman, this is your first warning, stop confusing Shazam.

PS: I'm just allowing a bit more time for people to alert me if I screwed anything up.
I was just getting Subscribed to this forum thread, otherwise I will forget.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ok kids, the Purification is now initiated. Day ends at 5PM EST (10PM UTC), which is 26 hours from now.

Please be kind to one another. Unless it benefits you to be otherwise.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
And I will start by saying this. Everyone place a vote for someone who has no votes on them. Doing so will allow us to identify the Boss of the filthy humans day 1.

Anyone who doesn't do this will be under suspicion of being a filthy human. I look forward to urinating on the traitors' graves.

Vote Mewtwo.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
And I will start by saying this. Everyone place a vote for someone who has no votes on them. Doing so will allow us to identify the Boss of the filthy humans day 1.

Anyone who doesn't do this will be under suspicion of being a filthy human. I look forward to urinating on the traitors' graves.

Vote Mewtwo.
Perfect! Assuming the lowest ranked role is lynched in an antismite round, we'll either kill an Assassin or the Omega, who will then reveal the Assassin to us. I had the Heil vote locked up, though.

Vote LivingAngryCheese

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
wtf, I remember adding a rule about a "perfect antismite" round and cannot find it (or remember the contents of said rule)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It won't be perfect, as the boss gets two votes.
I hate you guys so much right now. I had this exploit covered in theory. Anyway, OP updated, I neglected to paste the rules from the signup thread.

I clarified the rule. The original wording stands but the ambiguity has been removed to my satisfaction.