[1.7.10] TerraFiramaTech [Alpha] - TerraFirmaCraft and GregTech Modpack

Dolinmyster

Jul 29, 2019
IJB9Bj0.png

Do you think Vanilla is to easy? Do you feel TFC isn't hard enough? Do you like Technology?
Then TerraFirmaTech is the pack for you! In this pack we combine the difficulty of TFC and GregTech to make a fun and challenging pack to test any seasoned Minecraft player.

This pack is a WIP and will have changes due to the nature of TFC with changing ore gen and recipies. Please make sure to report any bugs so I can fix them for the next update!

To obtain this pack use the following code in the FTB Launcher:
TerraFirmaTech

This pack contains the following mods by default:
Advanced Solar Panels by SeNtiMeL
Applied Energistics by AlgorithX2
Blue Power by quetzi, amadornes, K4Unl, MineMaarten, RavenWhitefang
Buildcraft by CovertJaguar, SirSengir, Krapht, cpw, spacetoad
Carpenter's Blocks by Mineshopper
Chisel by AUTOMATIC_MAIDEN
DimStorage by Gaarnik
Forge Multipart by Chickenbones
Gravitation Suite by SeNtiMeL
GregTech by GregoriusT
IndustrialCraft 2 by IC2 Dev Team
Inventory Tweaks by Kobata
IronChests by cpw
JABBA by ProfMobius
LogisticsPipes by davboecki, AartBluestoke, ArtForz, GUIpsp, theZorro266
Morpheus by quetzi
Nuclear Control by shedar
Power Converters by samrg472, powercrystals
QuarryPlus by yogpstop
Tails by Kihira
TerraFirmaCraft by bioxx

This pack is very much still a WIP. I know since the nature of TFC that some recipes are going to be messed up. If you run into some that do not work properly, let me know so I can fix them.

Suggestion: I found it played much better with FastCraft installed. I would strongly advise installing it by following this link here. Unfortunately, it cannot be added to the pack via the downloader.

Dolinmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

So I want to start working on this pack again. But it has come to my obvious attention that I alone am not able to. It's a monster of a pack even in it's simplicity. So I have humbled myself and am coming to you guys, the people interested in the pack, to ask for help. As many of you guys have made suggestions, I know lots of you guys know how to work on packs. I'm mainly looking for help to tweak the configs, Since GT configs are a huge PITA, as well as having people who can assist with keeping the pack updated as well as other general things. I can't pay you, but I can at least make sure to give you credit. If you are interested, please apply here http://bit.ly/TFTechApp and lets get this pack working!

~Dolin

I have put development on this pack on Hiatus. I have for now started a different one which I am hosting on an inferior hosting platform but plan to get back to this once my life settles down a bit. Hopefully in the next few months. Feel free to check out my YouTube and give it a look if you are interested. I do plan to come back and finish this pack as it is my baby and one true love of mod packs. Please keep an eye on this until I can get back to it for updates! :3 It also appears that GT and TFC are going through some major updates, so I plan to wait for those as well. Hoping that it might fix some of the bugs.

Current known Bug(s):

Ores made with TFC will convert to GT ores. Not sure if there is a fix, For now I have added Ore Dic Converter to get around it.

Changelog

Current Version 0.9.9

Added Following mods:

YAMPTS V. 1.3.3
OpenEye v 0.6
Ore Dictionary Converter V 1.6.0

Added Configs:

Disabled GT's Inventory Unification Config to prevent ores from changing in your inventory to GT ores.
Added in crafting recipie to make Ore Dic Converter with TFC items.

Previous versions

Version 0.9.6

Added in ore gen for Nether Quartz and Tesaltite ore.

These Ore generations still need to be fixed as they are large veins.

Version 0.9.2
Added recipe for vanilla furnace

Version 0.9.1
Creation of pack

Last edited:
Reactions: Fixided

YWEmpirer

Jul 29, 2019
I like this idea, I'm looking for such a hardcore pack for some time.
BTW, how do your modpack the ores. Only Gregtech's or TerraFirmaCraft's will be generated? or both?

Dolinmyster

Jul 29, 2019
I like this idea, I'm looking for such a hardcore pack for some time.
BTW, how do your modpack the ores. Only Gregtech's or TerraFirmaCraft's will be generated? or both?

Both ore types are spawned in. I had to use Custom Ore Gen to do so. Keep in mind that the TFC ores cannot be mined with non TFC tools. Which means that you can't use the Quarry to mine TFC ores, but it will mine all the others fine. I'm doing research into how to maybe do this.

Phatcat

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't like TFC's seeding method for Clay.
You can play for several hours then find out your seed in all directions has no clay, so you can't continue out of the start of the stone age.

what is more annoying is the TFC's "oh you aren't looking" or "is it too hard for you" response.

spendabuck

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't like TFC's seeding method for Clay.
You can play for several hours then find out your seed in all directions has no clay, so you can't continue out of the start of the stone age.

what is more annoying is the TFC's "oh you aren't looking" or "is it too hard for you" response.

Tip: If you can find goldenrods, just dig down & you can find clay ;) .

Also, I'd recommend adding HQM to this modpack to act as a sort of guide. It would really help a lot of people that are either new to TFC, IC2/AE2/etc., or both.

drgnmstr128

Jul 29, 2019
Man, I was so looking for some way to play something like this! I started to make a pack myself a couple days ago but got frustrated by GregTech's unification messing with ores and ingot piles. so seeing this made me think of a few things. First, feel free to let me know if you want someone to test for/with you or help with figuring stuff out, at least more than just replying to forum posts. Also, I've done some Youtube videos (same username if you want to check some out) but nothing has really inspired me to do anything for a while. This might be enough to get me to start again and I was wondering if you would be interested in doing a multiplayer thing with me for a series.

Last edited:

Dolinmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Man, I was so looking for some way to play something like this! I started to make a pack myself a couple days ago but got frustrated by GregTech's unification messing with ores and ingot piles. so seeing this made me think of a few things. First, feel free to let me know if you want someone to test for/with you or help with figuring stuff out, at least more than just replying to forum posts. Also, I've done some Youtube videos (same username if you want to check some out) but nothing has really inspired me to do anything for a while. This might be enough to get me to start again and I was wondering if you would be interested in doing a multiplayer thing with me for a series.

Hey man! Yeah it's been a headache to make this pack, but been major fun. It of course is available for play and you can record it. I'm not sure I would have any say in it either way. I hope it does inspire you to do some recording as well!! I still have the issue with the ingot piles, but that is why I added in the Ore Dictionary Converter to "fix" that issue for now. As for a Multiplayer. My schedule is really crazy since I work a weird night shift. So thank you for the offer, but I am going to decline.

drgnmstr128

Jul 29, 2019
Hey man! Yeah it's been a headache to make this pack, but been major fun. It of course is available for play and you can record it. I'm not sure I would have any say in it either way. I hope it does inspire you to do some recording as well!! I still have the issue with the ingot piles, but that is why I added in the Ore Dictionary Converter to "fix" that issue for now. As for a Multiplayer. My schedule is really crazy since I work a weird night shift. So thank you for the offer, but I am going to decline.

It's cool man. I planned on doing something either way but I just thought I'd let you know to keep an eye out and offer any help I could. Let me know if you change your mind or anything.

Reactions: Dolinmyster

Goatflakes

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for such a noobish question, but where is the server? The FTB download server button is currently greyed out for this pack (version 0.9.9).

Btw I start a server on my local machine even when playing single player. I find it helps tremendously because the server instance will run on a separate core, something that doesn't unfortunately seem to happen when starting a SSP game in Minecraft.

Dolinmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for such a noobish question, but where is the server? The FTB download server button is currently greyed out for this pack (version 0.9.9).

Btw I start a server on my local machine even when playing single player. I find it helps tremendously because the server instance will run on a separate core, something that doesn't unfortunately seem to happen when starting a SSP game in Minecraft.

At this I have not created a server for it. You should be able to pull the Config, Mod, and Script folder form the modpack folder and put it into a server. You might have to remove Tails, NEI and it's plugins, and as well WAILA I belive and it should be good. I plan to once the modpack is more fleshed out to release a server for it.

Goatflakes

Jul 29, 2019
At this I have not created a server for it. You should be able to pull the Config, Mod, and Script folder form the modpack folder and put it into a server. You might have to remove Tails, NEI and it's plugins, and as well WAILA I belive and it should be good. I plan to once the modpack is more fleshed out to release a server for it.
Thanks I will try doing just that :3*