[1.7.10] TerraFiramaTech [Alpha] - TerraFirmaCraft and GregTech Modpack

Dolinmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps the unification of charcoal should be disabled but a recipe added to convert Terrafirmacraft charcoal into Minecraft charcoal?

Ah crap... I didn't even think of that. I do have the Ore Dictionary mod installed, which should hopefully allow you to convert it to the TFC coal. But i will look into it and see what I can do. It's hella fun digging into the GT configs :p I'll see what I can do to fix it.

I still need to fiddle with the SMP stuff. Haven't been able to get around to that in a while. Work has been crazy and IRL has sort of gotten in the way. Hopefully soon I can push out a working server build since it seems people are having a bunch of issues with SMP for some reason.

Thanks for that heads up! I'll look into fixing it!

Goatflakes

Jul 29, 2019
Ah crap... I didn't even think of that. I do have the Ore Dictionary mod installed, which should hopefully allow you to convert it to the TFC coal. But i will look into it and see what I can do. It's hella fun digging into the GT configs :p I'll see what I can do to fix it.

I still need to fiddle with the SMP stuff. Haven't been able to get around to that in a while. Work has been crazy and IRL has sort of gotten in the way. Hopefully soon I can push out a working server build since it seems people are having a bunch of issues with SMP for some reason.

Thanks for that heads up! I'll look into fixing it!
Thanks! I don't think anything will work to give you TFC charcoal in your inventory without a settings change because when I cheated some in it immediately turned into Minecraft charcoal :eek:

Dolinmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Now that shouldn't happen anymore at all. I disabled the Inventory unification in the GT configs... I'll have to double check the configs again then and make sure that the FTB launcher has been pushed the correct config. I still use my test build on MMC. I suppose i should double check the configs after they push them.

Reactions: Goatflakes

Goatflakes

Jul 29, 2019
Now that shouldn't happen anymore at all. I disabled the Inventory unification in the GT configs... I'll have to double check the configs again then and make sure that the FTB launcher has been pushed the correct config. I still use my test build on MMC. I suppose i should double check the configs after they push them.
Hmm can you please tell me exactly what you changed? I want to see if I can just change it on the server without requiring a client update. Thanks :D

Goatflakes

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I think I found it, set general, B:InventoryUnification=false in config/Gregtech/GregTech.cfg

Goatflakes

Jul 29, 2019
Found another problem. I can't make slabs to make a JABBA barrel. I saw a recipe with oak wood so I though "Ah ha! I'll just make a boat and crash it to get 3 oak planks!" But sadly they were Terrafirmacraft oak planks and you can't make slabs out of them. Perhaps with a Gregtech saw? I have no way of crafting one of them yet, but I'll keep you posted. Using a chisel to make Terrafirmacraft slabs doesn't work either, because they disappear when broken o_O

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
I really wanna play this, but im afraid to run into problems... is this modpack still being supported?

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
TFC + Greg, if working properly would be my dream mod ! I realize that this is quite an undertaking, I considered doing it myself with minetweaker & modtweaker, but its far too much work when I JUST wanna PLAY ! lol. Too many hours sunk into making textures and scripts. Anyways, I too wonder if this is still being developed and what the current status is, I'd love to try it but dont want to get stuck in prgression...

Smetanol

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I think I found it, set general, B:InventoryUnification=false in config/Gregtech/GregTech.cfg
I found a way to avoid unification:
in gregtech configs there's file GregTech.cfg. In general section you should change B:CraftingUnification to =false.
That way, when you craft ingots using TFC way, you get TFC ingots instead of GregTech ones.
And in file Unification.cfg you should change in TerraFirmaCraft section all ingots, double ingots, charcoal, coal, sheets and double sheets to =true (Basicly all of TerraFirmaCraft section). That way when you dig stuff you will get correct ores, and TFC coal. Also you would get TFC ingots from TFC ingot piles instead of Greg ones.

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
Please tell me you're still working on this, it seems daunting to me, taking on two of the most detailed, largest and most complicated mods in existence; but I have already gotten into it and the prospect of early game TFC and Gregtech mid-late game technology is just too good to let go of. Like I said, it is my dream pack...They said it couldn't be done, let's prove them wrong...

Oh, and I 2nd the adding of HQM to act as a sort of "guide". Maybe not the hand holding that some packs could have, but a general outline of what to start with and where to go ? As I said, these are some of the most complicated and detailed mods around. Plus rewards could be a good vehichle to hand out items you cant get recipes working for or just don't want to have working recipes for balance purposes...

Reactions: Smetanol

Smetanol

Jul 29, 2019
I'm totaly agree with everything Sigma85 said. TFC is very logical in medieval age and GT logical in tech part, which makes them awesome together.(Would love to fly to other planets though)
And this pack covers 2 most hard mods(in knowledge requirements, of course), so HQM would be great help. I won't be able to dig into that pack till mid summer, so I can't write HQM quests or tweak ore spawn for you yet, but maybe(just maybe) I'll try to make your modpack playable(or I'll make my own modpack, cause why not).

Dolinmyster

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to update this pack. I keep meaning to get back to it. but work has unfortunately consumed a lot of my free time. It is currently waaaay out of date. So I need to sit down and rebuild it sorta from the ground up and maybe give it some Direction. I was thinking that Galacticraft would be super hella fun to add to it as well. I hope to over the next few weeks to get back to this. I haven't forgotten about it, this is my baby. I want this pack to be awesome. Oh, and HQM is a great idea. I'll work on getting some stuff ready for that too. For those who don't know much about TFC or GT. Great Idea!!!

Dolinmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Found another problem. I can't make slabs to make a JABBA barrel. I saw a recipe with oak wood so I though "Ah ha! I'll just make a boat and crash it to get 3 oak planks!" But sadly they were Terrafirmacraft oak planks and you can't make slabs out of them. Perhaps with a Gregtech saw? I have no way of crafting one of them yet, but I'll keep you posted. Using a chisel to make Terrafirmacraft slabs doesn't work either, because they disappear when broken o_O
I'll add in the correct wood with Minetweaker then. Thanks for the heads up.

Dolinmyster

Jul 29, 2019
I found a way to avoid unification:
in gregtech configs there's file GregTech.cfg. In general section you should change B:CraftingUnification to =false.
That way, when you craft ingots using TFC way, you get TFC ingots instead of GregTech ones.
And in file Unification.cfg you should change in TerraFirmaCraft section all ingots, double ingots, charcoal, coal, sheets and double sheets to =true (Basicly all of TerraFirmaCraft section). That way when you dig stuff you will get correct ores, and TFC coal. Also you would get TFC ingots from TFC ingot piles instead of Greg ones.
I thought i had already made that change. I'll take a look into it! Thanks!

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
GT 6 is starting to look pretty interesting, I hate having to redbuild everything, both in game and out, this pack is a massive undertaking, but if done right would likely be the best pack (IMHO) ever ! If you ever get back to it, good luck ! Until then, I am having fun with it in its current state, not like progression in TFC is all that fast anyways

zerotheliger

Jul 29, 2019
GT 6 is starting to look pretty interesting, I hate having to redbuild everything, both in game and out, this pack is a massive undertaking, but if done right would likely be the best pack (IMHO) ever ! If you ever get back to it, good luck ! Until then, I am having fun with it in its current state, not like progression in TFC is all that fast anyways

Tbh it looks like gt6 is going to have a lot of early game similar stuff to tfc before you even hit steam age he's essentualy adding tfc to gt natively

Dolinmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Also you should hang out in my team speak ;3 may have some mods that will interest you I'm working on with a friend of mine

Teamspeak you say? Does FTB Have it's own TS? I was not aware of this. I might have to hunt you down and chat. I know I should spend more time in the IRC as well. I guess i'm just shy when it comes down to randomly jumping into a conversation with a bunch of people I don't know. I should really get over that tho :3

Dolinmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Just want to make sure to post this here as well.

I have put development on this pack on Hiatus. I have for now started a different one which I am hosting on an inferior hosting platform but plan to get back to this once my life settles down a bit. Hopefully in the next few months. Feel free to check out my YouTube and give it a look if you are interested. I do plan to come back and finish this pack as it is my baby and one true love of mod packs. Please keep an eye on this until I can get back to it for updates! :3