[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Can someone walk me through in how I can update the spacial drives? Thank you in advance!
Step 1. In game, go to your spatial storage area & make sure all the rooms are put back on the drives. The space beside the observatory should be empty.
Step 2. Figure out which drives you actually want to update. There is a numbered list in the 1st post of this thread.
Step 3. By the numbers, copy the DIM files from the template folder into your saved game folder. If you copy ALL the files from the template folder, you will effectively overwrite your saved game with a brand new game, so be careful! NOTE: If you have already started a drive & don't want to start over, don't update it!

10881540_10204490463254946_4975899138092600866_n.jpg

Reactions: JGrenier

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
I'm still trying to finish space before I start on time.

I haven't found the AE2 inscribed plates yet, but I did get 40 1k storage components in a reward bag, so 20 1k drives should keep me going awhile.

Did I miss lily pads somewhere?

The tuopa sapling requires 2x more power than the chemical synthesizer can use. It only took about 2 hours to make the chemicals needed to make 1 sapling.

I also missed 3 lapis caelestis colors somewhere.

Cookies are now automated up to quadruple compressed.

Parcel31u's ideas of recipe balancing will get him burned in effigy. Now where did I put his MiniMe?

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
Parcel31u, how did you change the mobs in the pack? I want to make my own HQM, but I can;t find a mod that let's me customise mob drops or if they wear armour etc.

Viskase900

Jul 29, 2019
where i can get some info about ancient trees mod? i really cant figure it out how to get some profit from lata or nucis saplings

EDIT: https://github.com/MinecraftModArchive/Dendrology
Oh, i guess its basically for aesthetics, even though what quest books says about get resources when harvested

The ancient trees sapling can be put in a chemical decomposer for 70% chance to get the elements that the quest book mentions. Only the saplings work for the rarer resources.

Reactions: Doskan

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
End Swirl & Amusement Park both contain the same structure (Farris wheel, roller coaster, shooting gallery, villagers galore). Also, while I have gotten both discs & can't get them again, both still show as having unclaimed rewards.

Tuopa Saplings also shows as being unclaimed after being claimed, & the last quest in the Minechem section did not unlock. (I figured out how to adjust the minechem config to let me make the sapling)

Doskan

Jul 29, 2019
The ancient trees sapling can be put in a chemical decomposer for 70% chance to get the elements that the quest book mentions. Only the saplings work for the rarer resources.

Oh wow dude, i dont know how i didnt figured that, i throw everything into chemical decomposer lol. many thanks!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I am not sure whether this is a bug, but the quest with Magma crucible cannot detect item in inventory, I tried both charged and uncharged ones.
Try crafting it with the basic machine case. Its supposed to be the lowest tier crucible. With me it worked...

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
A few questions:
1. What is the best place to make mob farm, in Observatory and around nothing spawns?
2. Which Metallurgy armor is the best for enchantment?

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
A few questions:
1. What is the best place to make mob farm, in Observatory and around nothing spawns?
2. Which Metallurgy armor is the best for enchantment?

If you don't want to wait to get the spatial storage disc, you can build it anywhere in the column that contains the spatial enclosure. I put mine on the roof, but you could replace the reflecting pool if you wanted, or use the space between.

Reactions: ScorpioOld

lcd

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know but you can enchant dark steel armor even after adding all the anvil upgrades, putting last stand on said armor was the best idea I've ever had, those fallen knights in Inclusion Chamber 4 absolutely annihilate me, with last stand and a necrotic 3 sword I actually stand a chance

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know but you can enchant dark steel armor even after adding all the anvil upgrades, putting last stand on said armor was the best idea I've ever had, those fallen knights in Inclusion Chamber 4 absolutely annihilate me, with last stand and a necrotic 3 sword I actually stand a chance
Yeah, I'm still balancing the areas after the nethersphere. I'm making them a little harder as I add more things to increase player strength. The new thinkers will fix dual weidling, with new ranged weapons.

I'm also adding custom minechem chemicals that are harder to make, while giving some pretty good buffs you might remember from ME^3.

I've also confused the difficult to scale mobs. If you're having a really hard time, or you don't enjoy fighting mobs that much, you can set the difficulty to easy and mobs will have half health and do half damage.

If you're looking for a real challenge, set the the difficulty to hard and all mobs will have double health and double damage.

Thank you everything for posting bug reports on the thread as I work hard to have a stable 1.0.0 release soon!

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
NEI seems to be in permanent cheat mode for me with this pack. I have it set to "Recipe Mode" in NEI settings and I am in /gamemode s (single player world) - but whenever I click on items in NEI it is giving me a stack of the item instead of showing me the recipe. I haven't seen that before. Anyone know what the issue is and how to fix it? As a workaround I can use 'R' instead of clicking on items in NEI.

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
NEI seems to be in permanent cheat mode for me with this pack. I have it set to "Recipe Mode" in NEI settings and I am in /gamemode s (single player world) - but whenever I click on items in NEI it is giving me a stack of the item instead of showing me the recipe. I haven't seen that before. Anyone know what the issue is and how to fix it? As a workaround I can use 'R' instead of clicking on items in NEI.

When you are changing it recipe mode, are you making sure to switch it to World instead of Global on the top right of NEI options? That's the only thing I can think of...

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't want to wait to get the spatial storage disc, you can build it anywhere in the column that contains the spatial enclosure. I put mine on the roof, but you could replace the reflecting pool if you wanted, or use the space between.

Thank you for answering. I need experience farm, otherwise armor i wear does not have enchantments due to fast deterioration.

lilmoefow

Jul 29, 2019
Hey i'm not sure if anyone has asked this, but have you thought about putting the Autopackager Mod in to the pack.. it would help a lot with compressing cobble and dealing with the auto-processing of the nuggets from the poor ores that you get while mining... Unless i'm just missing something and none of that stuff is actually necessary in the pack.

im sure you are aware of the mod but here is a link to the cure forge page just in case you aren't

http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/221457-autopackager#t1:description

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Hey i'm not sure if anyone has asked this, but have you thought about putting the Autopackager Mod in to the pack.. it would help a lot with compressing cobble and dealing with the auto-processing of the nuggets from the poor ores that you get while mining... Unless i'm just missing something and none of that stuff is actually necessary in the pack.

im sure you are aware of the mod but here is a link to the cure forge page just in case you aren't

http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/221457-autopackager#t1:description

Once you start on the section of time quests, you can get what you need to get AE autocrafting up & running. If you need to automate that stuff earlier, there is always the crafter from EnderIO, you just need to set one up for each item you want running concurrently.

Viskase900

Jul 29, 2019
Once you start on the section of time quests, you can get what you need to get AE autocrafting up & running. If you need to automate that stuff earlier, there is always the crafter from EnderIO, you just need to set one up for each item you want running concurrently.

Also in some of the reward bags there is a cyclic assembler. I got 4 of them so far in 4 different reward bags so cobble automation is no problem.

Lucasterio

Jul 29, 2019
So, i've hit a stupid issue:

When first mining miners delight, i get all this Poor Iron Ore. Then i go to the observatory, but neither the Redstone Pulverizer or the Redstone Furnace will accept them.

Are the poor ores only to be smelted with a common stone furnace LIKE I AM A FRIGGING PEASANT!?!?

No, really, the recipe for Poor Ore smelting in the redstone furnace does show up in NEI, what is going on?

Thanks much.