Mid-Game Mana Farm

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I made a little mid game mana farm and I thought I should just show it to you guys
WrSGrLZ.png

7L7u31d.png

The way this works is I have an essence berry farm connected to an autonoumous activator over some rosa arcanas(I hope I am spelling that right). This can be turned on and off
Here is a video
You need to stay inside the room in order for it to work.It makes mana at a pretty fast rate. And yes, I know that the gaia spreader isn't exactly mid game but you can substitute that for a regular spreader.

EDIT: Do note if you plan on having this on for a good amount of time add more conduits outputting, the berries drain quickly with out of the autonomous activator, you may also want to add a few more than one farm so you can keep constantly full

Last edited:

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
While I agree the Rosa Arcana is an underused gem, it's one main drawback is it requires a player to be there. I use one myself to dump xp which i currently have very little use for, into mana, which is somewhat more useful for me..

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I mainly use this design when I am making terra steel, I am not really going anywhere anyway.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
If you want to stick purely to botania, i suppose an agricarnation would also work... (not tested if it works on the berry bushes from tic or natura)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Pansies. RGG+SGG+BedRockium Watering Can+Regular Watering Can. Hadn't added an Agricarnation simply because they're busy with my farms. But that should accelerate the process more. If something is worth doing, it's worth hilariously over doing.

Reactions: SkeletonPunk

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Pansies. RGG+SGG+BedRockium Watering Can+Regular Watering Can. Hadn't added an Agricarnation simply because they're busy with my farms. But that should accelerate the process more. If something is worth doing, it's worth hilariously over doing.
RGG SGG?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yeah. And don't forget to surround them with Lily Pads of Fertility. If you're not using witches, the bones from the well of suffering can turn into bone meal to feed to Open Blocks Sprinklers. There's also room for MFR fertilizers, but I'm not sure if they work on the bushes.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to stick purely to botania, i suppose an agricarnation would also work... (not tested if it works on the berry bushes from tic or natura)
Just because this wasn't answered, yes it does work on the bushes

As to the MFR fertilisers, I think they do as well

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
All of these suggestions for items that speed up growth and no one remembers Thaumcraft's Lamp of Growth?

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Its extremely slow when you do it though. every ten seconds or more I think.
There's no way to feed it Herba from a node though. So, unless it can take primals, then you can't feed it from a node. Last I saw, feeding it from an essentia jar(the 1.6.4 way) was as slow as you're describing, but feeding it through piping allowed it its normal speed.