Mid-Game Mana Farm

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by SkeletonPunk, Dec 17, 2014.

1. SkeletonPunk

SkeletonPunk New Member

I made a little mid game mana farm and I thought I should just show it to you guys
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The way this works is I have an essence berry farm connected to an autonoumous activator over some rosa arcanas(I hope I am spelling that right). This can be turned on and off
    Here is a video

You need to stay inside the room in order for it to work.It makes mana at a pretty fast rate. And yes, I know that the gaia spreader isn't exactly mid game but you can substitute that for a regular spreader.

EDIT: Do note if you plan on having this on for a good amount of time add more conduits outputting, the berries drain quickly with out of the autonomous activator, you may also want to add a few more than one farm so you can keep constantly full

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    ZephyrWindSpirit and Yusunoha like this.
  2. jordsta95

jordsta95 New Member

/me decides now is the time to start trying to "complete" botania :p

3. SkeletonPunk

SkeletonPunk New Member

It seems to be able to fill up 1/16 of a mana pool in 30 seconds of it being on.

4. rouge_bare

rouge_bare Well-Known Member

While I agree the Rosa Arcana is an underused gem, it's one main drawback is it requires a player to be there. I use one myself to dump xp which i currently have very little use for, into mana, which is somewhat more useful for me..

5. SkeletonPunk

SkeletonPunk New Member

Yeah, I mainly use this design when I am making terra steel, I am not really going anywhere anyway.

6. WayofTime

WayofTime New Member

/me inserts a Ritual of the Green Grove.

SkeletonPunk likes this.
  7. SkeletonPunk

SkeletonPunk New Member

Lol. The berry farm isn't really the star of the show, but a RGG would speed it up.

8. jordsta95

jordsta95 New Member

I already set it up with that ;)

9. rouge_bare

rouge_bare Well-Known Member

If you want to stick purely to botania, i suppose an agricarnation would also work... (not tested if it works on the berry bushes from tic or natura)

10. KingTriaxx

KingTriaxx Forum Addict

Pansies. RGG+SGG+BedRockium Watering Can+Regular Watering Can. Hadn't added an Agricarnation simply because they're busy with my farms. But that should accelerate the process more. If something is worth doing, it's worth hilariously over doing.

SkeletonPunk likes this.
  11. jordsta95

jordsta95 New Member

RGG SGG?

12. SkeletonPunk

SkeletonPunk New Member

Ritual of the green grove. not sure what the other one is though

13. jordsta95

jordsta95 New Member

Sigil of Green Grove... Worked it out from the RGG :p

14. KingTriaxx

KingTriaxx Forum Addict

Yeah. And don't forget to surround them with Lily Pads of Fertility. If you're not using witches, the bones from the well of suffering can turn into bone meal to feed to Open Blocks Sprinklers. There's also room for MFR fertilizers, but I'm not sure if they work on the bushes.

15. Adonis0

Adonis0 New Member

Just because this wasn't answered, yes it does work on the bushes

As to the MFR fertilisers, I think they do as well

16. darkeshrine

darkeshrine New Member

All of these suggestions for items that speed up growth and no one remembers Thaumcraft's Lamp of Growth?

17. SkeletonPunk

SkeletonPunk New Member

The lamp of growth was nerfed a little bit. You need a node with herb or something now for it to go fast correct?

18. darkeshrine

darkeshrine New Member

I don't believe so. Last I saw, you piped in Herba essentia.

19. SkeletonPunk

SkeletonPunk New Member

Its extremely slow when you do it though. every ten seconds or more I think.

20. darkeshrine

darkeshrine New Member

There's no way to feed it Herba from a node though. So, unless it can take primals, then you can't feed it from a node. Last I saw, feeding it from an essentia jar(the 1.6.4 way) was as slow as you're describing, but feeding it through piping allowed it its normal speed.