[CHALLENGE] (v4.3-ish 6/7/18) Refugee to Regent Kingdom Building Challenge

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What do you think of the Serf to Supreme Challenge?

• City Construction Challenge was better!

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • It's okay, but there's definitely room for improvement

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Give me my Electrics sooner!

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • I enjoy the slow introduction of mods.

Votes: 43 33.3%
  • I wish Element Animation would hurry up with the next episode.

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • I love it!

Votes: 51 39.5%

• Total voters

VaalDeth

Jul 29, 2019
I have Vaal/Mobius, and thornofnight's videos on the front page of the wiki, now.

Seeing as how they blend in so nicely, I may toss a video here and there into the various sections to break up the wall of text/tables, if you guys don't mind.

Thanks a lot Maul for the added exposure, and I'm always up for any spreading of my videos!

<3

Could you however update it to my current season 2 playlist? That version you posted was my first attempt that I abandoned with 1.6.4 =)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFzLoEd0xhYvbHtTD0PEtLmnVHk6euAfd

Thanks!

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
don't have any playlists up atm. right now they're at the latest episodes (Yours S2, 28; Mobius S6, 01; ton #20 IIRC). I will get the videos uploaded with the Youtube playlists built in.

Reactions: VaalDeth

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Good work, Mobius. The addition of Hunger Overhaul and Spice of Life will certainly complicate your life a little bit. I commented on the video (as DigitalDragon) that your Mooshrooms do actually work, as do cows, but one of the mods changes them from being able to spam milk/stew to only being able to get some every <X> minutes. What that is set to is somewhere in your config files.

Essentially it just throttles the flow of stew or milk from the cows, which isn't unreasonable.

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
so.....heads up. I just got hired in a new job, doing oil changes and tire stuff at a Walmart, and it leaves me exhausted. For the near future, I probably won't have the energy to do anything R2R-related on those days, and I work 4 days a week. So things might slow down a bit more. I'm not abandoning this, just......bleh.

slowing down until my body finishes its shift from basically lying around all day for a year (hi, college) to BWAUGHWHYAMISOSOREAFTERALLTHIS working for 32 hours a week in a car service bay.

Reactions: VaalDeth

RadBlaster33

Jul 29, 2019
so.....heads up. I just got hired in a new job, doing oil changes and tire stuff at a Walmart, and it leaves me exhausted. For the near future, I probably won't have the energy to do anything R2R-related on those days, and I work 4 days a week. So things might slow down a bit more. I'm not abandoning this, just......bleh.

slowing down until my body finishes its shift from basically lying around all day for a year (hi, college) to BWAUGHWHYAMISOSOREAFTERALLTHIS working for 32 hours a week in a car service bay.

LOL ... I remember saying to my sister after I left TAFE and started a CAD drafting job (this was donkey year ago). "Not sure if I can handle this 9-5 for 5 days a week!!"

Hey it good that you working and earning a living. Just take your time mate. :)

BTW is the other site still up and running? Will it be shutdown soon? (Should we get a copy of it before it's shutdown?)

Last edited:

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure I can handle it. It's the dead stop to ohmyGodcrazy that's thrown me for a loop--have a slight case of mental whiplash.

As for the other wiki--the site that hosts all those types of wikis has said that they will not be hosting non-educational wikis anymore. I haven't seen a timeframe for the now unsupported wikis to be taken down. Maybe only just new ones won't be made? Not sure.

LastElf

Jul 29, 2019
With the site going down is there a Google Doc or another mirror of the challenge? We're about to change tiers and didn't save all the info to a local reference not thinking the wiki was going down.

EpicSpire

Jul 29, 2019
I hope there are some docs out there, i'm sure someone saved them at some point.. hopefully that person will upload them soon.. like today, cause i just got to wood settlement and need to know what my required goals are.

EpicSpire

Jul 29, 2019
Also, if you (Maul) are looking for a wiki site to host your challenge, you may want to try Obsidian Portal. It is usually intended for Role Playing wikis for game worlds, but i find it useful for all my wiki's. I have an account there and can host multiple wiki's. I am willing to add you to my account so you can easily host the challenge or you can get a free one with limited use. (the limited use version is still great)

RadBlaster33

Jul 29, 2019
Since the original wiki page is now gone and the new one is not quite completed. Has anyone got a copy in text/doc format which i can access?

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
I made a backup of many of the files in PDF format on around October 16, 2014. I can make a zip archive of them if anyone is interested until Maul Jr gets the new stuff in place.

Let me know and I'll send a link.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Thanks, but Maul did all the work. I just snatched what I could before it vanished. :)

Glad it helps some people!

Ziggy Adventures

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you Maul_Junior, this challenge has been a great inspiration. I've been a avid follower of Mobious Archives, I never knew so many other people did this challenge too. I really like your aesthetics VaalDeth, I'll have to pick up some tricks from you.

Wanted to share my challenge too. Currently late stone stage, you can see quite the difference in my old wooden buildings compared to the newer stone versions. I have learned much and learning more daily. The Pillars on the redwood tree are very much a work in progress, will be my new mansion. The album: https://imgur.com/a/N6Nug#7
sPLkaJL.png