[6 packs!] SpamPacks; A varied selection of lightweight modpacks

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Hello, one and all! Welcome to my humble set of modpacks! Some of you may recognise me as that guy who did the pack with the golems, but now I have a wonderful selection to show you!

These packs aren't your typical packs though, these ones have their themes! Different flavours and different playstyles! Try them out, I'm sure there's one for you! And if not, Suggestions are welcome! (please note that this is not a 'request a modpack' thread, I'm only a panda!)

Do note that I am planning on adding more packs, if and when the inspiration comes and when time allows, I do have things IRL to focus on. However, each modpack will have original artwork by yours truely, at least until someone comes along and does a better job.

Anyways, onto the packs!

iNQ002W.png
The basis of a survival pack: Don't Dehydrate [1.7.10] (1.0.1)
waYj1bq.png

Do you want a pack that doesn't have any of this silly tech stuff, and just want to live like Bear Grylls? Do you like building structural supports for your ramshackle huts? Do you enjoy being driven insane by the moans of the undead? Then look no further!

Who thought that crash landing was fun, but wanted to have a go in a slightly less extreme circumstance? Well, you're not quite home free, Enviromine still has other tricks up its sleeves! I hope you like support beams!

Code: DontDehydrate

Mods

XbAqcft.png
Reika's Wrath: I can't think of an amusing subtitle [1.7.10] (1.0.1)
chpoUDG.png

A modpack focused solely on Reika's work, highly recommended for mechanical engineers. Keep away from children below 13 years old or those who do not understand rotational physics. Wizards are welcome.

So, you guys know Reika's mods, but how many of you know Reika's mods? This pack highlights some of his mods that you might not have seen on any other FTB pack yet! Also, the magic pylons are pretty damn loud, so just a heads up yo.

Code: Reika

Mods

Ug8YttB.png
Tales of the Wayward Banners: Lords of the Forge [1.7.10] (1.0.1)
bFpbucR.png

A LARP inspired pack, this is an RP PvP medieval themed pack that is based around factions struggling against one another for power. No, there is no HQM. Yes, you will have to roleplay.

This modpack is straightforward as far as the mods go, throw metals into a smeltery, get awesome swords. But what fun is there in SSP, when you have no-one to fight? Designed for PvP, brave warriors clash in battle, warring for the glory of their clan!

(Lore coming soon!)

Code: LotF

Mods

TeD9LXC.png
Tales of the Wayward Banners: Dark Ages [1.7.10] (1.0.1)
t6ns1GT.png

A medieval themed PvP pack where players do battle for supremacy and black majicks run amok upon this dark realm.

This pack is still playable in single player, but in SSP you don't get to drain people of their life, do you? Unlike LotF, this pack involves the use of forbidden practices to make your enemies suffer!

(Lore coming soon!)

Code: DarkAges

Mods

O5yR99O.png
Billy Jean is not my lover: An MJ Memorial Pack [1.7.10]
1yfYILQ.png

We all remember the day MJ died, it was a sad day for us all. But even though MJ is now gone, we can see the legacy that MJ left us with. You can tell that MJ has influenced the work of many, and will have a special place in our hearts.

We will miss you, MJ.

Ever since Buildcraft converted to RF, I decided that a pack should be made to commemorate the MJ mods of olde and see how far Buildcraft and its addons (at the time) have changed over the years.

Code: BillyJean

Thread

Mods:
TmEqzk3.png
Checklist Complete: You can do the thing!
KDBzisL.png

Want to learn Botania? Hate being stuck on a fixed progression line? Want to do things your way? Now you can! Tiny Potato believes in you!

Use simple achievements to check your progress, but don't forget to have fun! I have quite a few objectives for you to try, but do feel free to suggest more! If they're challenging, fun, or something that I missed out on, feel free to mention it!

7X2JpDV.png

HG0mVDX.png

Thread

This pack contains the following mods by default:
1.0.2- Removed a duplicate mod, and added StartingInventory to the pack. You now start with the achievement book and the lexica botania!

1.0.1- Changed the objectives so they match progression much better, also updated Storage Drawers to 1.5.12

1.0.0- First version!

The pack is on the FTB Launcher, the code for the 3rd party tab is: TinyPotato

If you so desire, you can make servers of any of the modpacks that are on this page, but be sure to let me know, as I might hop onto them myself!

Last edited:

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Man I'd love to play Don't Dehydrate in a UHC type server. Nice job on all the packs :)
A survival games version of Don't Dehydrate does actually sound pretty fun! I'd try that.

Also, I did plan on having fastcraft on all of these modpacks, but I realised it was closed perms. Unfortunately, I couldn't include it in any modpacks, however I highly recommend adding it if you experience framerate issues.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Reika does not work you dont have a recent enough forge version
Apparently all the packs should have the latest version of forge installed, so I don't understand what the packs have wrong with them. I shall check immediately.[DOUBLEPOST=1414450638][/DOUBLEPOST]But as it turns out, none of my packs have forge installed. This is rather annoying.

Hopefully they will be updated soon, I apologise for the delay.

Last edited:

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
any word on the fixes?
Still waiting, I'm afraid.

I'm pretty sure that you still have the option of downloading forge yourself, and I would go as far to say that you could move the mods into a MultiMC instance, but I dunno if that would be conflicting with any licenses, especially in the case of Reika. I guess as you're not redistributing it, I suppose you can try it.

But I've asked the 3rd party modpack team about a week ago and had no response. I'm guessing they've returned to a weekly schedule, even though I thought they were breaking that.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
I'm sort of making my own superpack based on exploration and tech any tips for creation?

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask it, but eh, screw it.

One of the ideas I had was to add custom worldgen. I was planning on adding some to the dark ages modpack, but I haven't the foggiest on how to operate a worldgen mod, and I also really wanted to get it released first.

Also, if you want to ask me more questions like this, you can VM me. I really would rather this sort of thing stays off of this thread, it's meant to be about my packs after all.

Surfboy1

Jul 29, 2019
if you got hunger overhaul and spice of life then you gotta add pam's harvestcraft, its just how things go with more variety and more food on dont dehydrate

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
if you got hunger overhaul and spice of life then you gotta add pam's harvestcraft, its just how things go with more variety and more food on dont dehydrate
Eh? I'm pretty sure I did.

In fact, it is in the mod list, it's just titled as Harvestcraft. I can see how you got confused though, so I'll add a little note to it.

Anyways, 1.0.1 for the current mods are out! You can actually play them! Hooray!

Reactions: xaositech

Surfboy1

Jul 29, 2019
CaptPanda you are a really cool dude, you make really good packs and help people when there are problems and that is really cool