[CHALLENGE] (v4.3-ish 6/7/18) Refugee to Regent Kingdom Building Challenge

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What do you think of the Serf to Supreme Challenge?

• City Construction Challenge was better!

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • It's okay, but there's definitely room for improvement

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Give me my Electrics sooner!

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • I enjoy the slow introduction of mods.

Votes: 43 33.3%
  • I wish Element Animation would hurry up with the next episode.

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • I love it!

Votes: 51 39.5%

• Total voters

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Thanks! I knew about the config option to reduce the flower spawn density, but didn't know if that would adversely affect the power of the mod - you know, less resources, less power.

I didn't know about the bone meal though, I'll have to check that out now.

Last edited:

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Botania = awesome in a can flower

AM2's big "WHOA" was the freeform spell system... it's big negatives were... well.. IMO everything else. The spell creation was tedious to gather resource for, the mobs were annoying and broke a lot of spawning rules causing really obnoxious glitches with some mods, the content had a really odd difficulty curve... I could go on, but it's pretty obvious I didn't much care for Ars Magica :)

Botania adds useful gadgets. Unfortunately I'm away from my computer that has MC right now, or I'd go grab my Lexica Botania and point out all the awesome.
The open crate for dropping things STRAIGHT down. Which is useful in Thaumcraft, AE2, and Pneumaticraft (and probably other mods).
The ring of magnetism. Item magnet, more mods need these, seriously.
The horn of the... wilds? It clears out flowers/grass (Ground clutter) in a sizeable radius.

All sorts of useful toys. The rod of the seas is fun (infinite water), there's a portable (vanilla) ender chest item that lets you access other people's ender chest "networks" for a lot more mana, this is the modder that made Thaumic Tinkerer KAMI... so there's awesome endgame armor and tools too, most of her tools and armor self-repair using mana... or was it take damage from mana but don't self-repair... I honestly don't remember.

Basically I use Botania as one of those "glue" mods that gets used in a lot of disparate situations because the toys are so generally useful.

Plus it looks neat, and it's not another clone of mods X, Y, or Q.[DOUBLEPOST=1413229088][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks! I knew about the config option to reduce the flower spawn density, but didn't know if that would adversely affect the power of the mod - you know, less resources, less power.

I didn't know about the bone meal though, I'll have to check that out now.
It won't affect the "power" of the mod, all the generating flora don't actually use the mystical flowers as a source of power. They're crafting ingredients. Also if you've got a few of them it's not too hard to make a bazillion more, and there is even a mana-using flower that spawns mystical flowers, and a botania-only way to break those AND collect them.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Thanks for the info, TomeWyrm! I'll go ahead and add that one in for sure then. But with toned-down flower spawns.

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone!

I've been improving our agricultural outlier farm system. In addition to a moved waste processor I get a few plots online for our fertilization system.

Mobius For Regent: Modded FTB Monster - Season 5 Episode 34 - Is the Water Hot Enough For you?

Mobius For Regent: Modded FTB Monster - Season 5 Episode 35 - Improving MineFactory Reloaded automated farms

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
I'm sure the video would be much cooler if it were actually playable... As of this post, it is still unavailable. Must have been an Enderman attack.

Edit: Maybe it's just me, but this link seems to work. The one you gave did not.

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
.......wow.

I....can't really express how much it means to me that you guys are still sticking with this despite my absence.

I was hoping to get a nice revamp/rules addition going for everyone as a surprise return but I guess I won't be able to. When I logged into wikispaces I got a notification that they're no longer hosting free non-educational wikis.....so my work output for the next little bit will be transferring things over to the Challenge's future Wiki that is most definitely a work in progress, and fixing links both in the wiki and the first few posts of the thread. Unfortunately this does means we'll now have ads--but hopefully the ads will mean that I don't have to move the wiki again.

I've got a PDF of the entire wiki I can put up somewhere if someone else wants it.

I'll probably be doing minor tweaks as I switch wikis, including maybe adding an insectoid-themed race or three?

These are just some preliminary ideas (I watched Antz on Netflix like a month ago. sorry :p)

Race Rules (in case I haven't said this elsewhere):

*take the %-based of how many Race lives in X Outliers, and Capital, etc* and throw it out the window.
No, seriously, rip it right out of the book.
Rip that End-awful essay on poetry out of the book right now Notch Dammit!

/deadpoetssociety

You may have any race for your Capital, and your Outliers may be the same Race, or each Outlier may have a different Race.

A) For each Outlier with a different Race in an Outlier, you must build 1 Settlement of that Race's specific Dwelling (if applicable) in the Capital per Stage, starting at Wooden Settlement (total, not cumulative).
B) Each instance of "A" stacks on top of each other.
C) If a given race lives in a Dwelling identical to the main Capital design, ignore this ruleset
This ruleset is intended for Insectoid Races and other Races that may have unique Dwellings, not for Races that live in standard Dwellings

IE:

Capital=Race 1
Outlier (Iron)=Race 2 (build 3 Race 2 Unique Dwellings in Capital)
Outlier (Stone)=Race 2 (build an additional 2 Unique Dwellings in Capital--total of 5 Unique Race 2 Dwellings)
Outlier (Redstone)=Race 3 (Build 4 Race 3 Unique Dwellings in Capital)

these dwellings may be mixed in with that stage's population increase, or above and beyond--your choice.

[Pigmen]

Pigmen (Zombified or not) may use Redstone Dust in the Iron Village stage (Redstone Dust only)

Insectoid:

only needs 33% (1/3) of standard population (round up)
All population must live in slum-standard dwellings or hive-style dwellings (unique to Insectoids)--this evens out the population with the Dwellings you'd otherwise need to build.
Hives are basically slums, but with even less space, and tightly packed together--horizontally and/or vertically. I'll put together a little more later.

[Antz Insectoid]

"The Legend of Insectopia"
If Capital/Outlier is based in a Mushroom Biome, all advantages of the next Stage may be used without any of the requirements (food, building, etc)
Limit one Mushroom Biome/Settlement
Noble Lords and Crime Lords must be built as dictated by the next Stage
So if the next stage whose advantages you are taking of requires any Lords (Noble or Crime), they have to be built at your current stage. They are the sole requirement that sticks with the advantages.

Gene Hackman (General Mandible):

A) 75% of civilians must be issued arms and armor equivalent to the Stage (Begins Wooden Settlement)
These "civilians" are not *officially* considerd part of the armed forces.
B) Requires 50% more food per capita
C) All Leather Armor, Wooden Sword is available at Dirt Hovel
D) 25% fewer Additional Buildings required per Stage
E) 50% less population/Stage

*coughGeneralMandiblemonumentupondiscoveryofInsectopiacough*

Woody Allen (Z):

A) 50% less food required per capita
B) 50% more Additional Buildings required per Stage (past Wooden Settlement)
C) 25% more population/Stage

*coughmonumenttoZupondiscoveryofInsectopiacough*

Geeze, nasty cough there. Did you make out anything in there? No?

Oh well. Guess you'll have to carry on without it.

Anybody got a cough drop?

[Antz Termite]

??????Maybe???????

[Tunneling Insectoid]

Doubles the length between support pillars underground until Iron Village Stage
Triples the length between support pillars underground from Iron Village-Lapis Stronghold
from Emerald Kingdom on, no support pillars are needed underground
(support pillar ruleset will be added in some form to Dwarves and Elves, both positively and negatively--see Arboreal Insectoids)

May use Pick/Shovels one level above their current Stage
Tunneling Insectoid do not need helmets to go underground until Stone Hamlet Stage
Mushrooms and food items that are 2/3 mushroom ingredients (does not include reagents like bowls, etc) count 50% more
Access to Wood Shovel (not Wood Pick) in Dirt Hovel Stage
Access to Stone Shovel/Pick in Wooden Settlement Stage (and etc from there)

[Arboreal Insectoid]

Settlements must be built either out of a giant tree/forest, or in the shape of a tree/forest
Settlements may be inside the shape of the trunk, on the exterior of the trunk, on top of the canopy, or underneath the canopy (amongst a natural or artificial forest)
May use Axes/Scythes one level above their current Stage
All wooden objects may be used in Dirt Hovel Stage
Does not apply to tools (excepting Axes/Scythes)
Access to Smelter/Stone Pick/Iron Ore in Wooden Settlement Stage ONLY FOR SHEARS
Shears may be used on sheep, etc in addition to leaves
Halves the distance between support pillars for Wooden Village to Stone Hamlet stage only (Iron Village+ standard support distance)

Abandoned Challenge? thornofkinght on Youtube, last updated about a month ago. I would have posted a couple other playlists, but they haven't been updated in 6 months or so.

Mobius congrats on 15 months straight, pretty much, of R2R.
Vaal, always great to see your videos.

Also this guy's spreadsheet is pretty cool

It's based on this challenge, but with a few of his own rules.....I may have to use a Spreadsheet for simplicity, with a sheet with the main rules, and then an additional sheet per stage.

Last edited:

RadBlaster33

Jul 29, 2019
Also this guy's spreadsheet is pretty cool

It's based on this challenge, but with a few of his own rules.....I may have to use a Spreadsheet for simplicity, with a sheet with the main rules, and then an additional sheet per stage.

That will be great to have as I have scraps of paper all over my desk with notes on what I need to build in my current development point.

Keep up with update Maul_Junior this has add a element of excitement to FTB modpacks. btw I have two challenges running, one in Direwolf20 and also MagicFarm2.

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
Disclaimer: For now, MOST of the new Wiki won't really reference many mods, because I'm trying to get this stuff a little more polished, and mods come and go and get updated......I haven't looked at Minecraft mod patch notes in a while.

That will be great to have as I have scraps of paper all over my desk with notes on what I need to build in my current development point.

Keep up with update Maul_Junior this has add a element of excitement to FTB modpacks. btw I have two challenges running, one in Direwolf20 and also MagicFarm2.

Yeah, a spreadsheet that you could download would be a lot better. So many things depend on population. If you have a certain population you need more food, and to get that much more food, you need more population to work those fields, which means even more food is needed.....a spreadsheet where you can just put in your numbers would work better.

I'm considering in the revamp of having each Stage have a "point threshold," where every section can give you x amounts of points for y action, but once you reach a certain number in your current stage/total you can advance (if you want). Hardcore mode would probably remain about where it is, and require you to not only hit the total advancement threshold total, but in every category.

Along that line, I plan on having various buildings upgrade into others. I have an outline for an upgrade from a simple Watchtower with a single, part-time Watchman, to a 2-man full-time Watchtower (who grow their own food), to a Tactical Reserve Fortress that houses a Squad or so--to a Strategic Reserve Base (upgrading further to a full-blown military base of non-reservists). the Strategic Reserve could become an Outlier or it could just be an outlying military base--the Strategic Reserve Base would have a couple Full-time Watchtowers and several Squads and arms/armor matching your mainline army.

Various other upgrades, such as walls, Specialized Squads, Additional Squads, etc would increase points further. I could even add a way to decrease points by taking soldiers/arms/armor/etc away.

Not every Watchtower would/should be upgraded, unless you were going for a hardcore military build. I plan on doing something similar with farms, where a small, family-scale farm can scale up to a massive Farming Outlier, with significantly better points as you go--with the build requirements to match--for most things.

And, using the same logic of the Fortificatiosn category, let's say you started with a singlefarm and a part-time Watchman for an Outlier.

You eventually get to a massive breadbasket that can support your entire Empire with a Tactical Reserve Fortress keeping an eye on things. To further increase Agricultural points, you could ad a Granary, a mill (or two), etc.

OR that same farm/Watchtower could become a massive transportation hub of the entire Empire, with a Strategic Naval Reserve Base and a Tactical Air Force Reserve Fortress and the home of the 1st Strategic Railway Marine Base.

......or a breadbasket/transportation combination with only a pair of part-time Watchtowers. Again, depending on your build style. And each section would have upgrades in case you want to keep the focus more on a specific category rather than others.

I may even set it up so you can get to (barely) Iron Village using nothing but points from mobs you've killed in sufficient numbers and variety (it would be a tedious grind initially with horrible arms/armor, but I could possibly set it up).

There would be some sort of bonus in points to upgrading a single place from one to the next as opposed to plopping a pair of the same next to each other. For people who didn't start/don't want points......I am planning on having a standardized, relatively balanced build as the standard Hardcore.

....again, Hardcore would be the measuring stick, with things getting progressively easier from there.

BUT if I'm doing it this way I'm DEFINITELY gonna have to get a few spreadsheets up and running. It would be WAY too much of a headache otherwise.

Heh. so much for only minor touchups.

Lucky for you guys, I've gotten pretty good at spreadsheets during my vacation.

Here's an example of a Defensive Walls section of an Outlier/Capital.

As you can see, you just type in which upgrades you have, and it does all the math for you.

It's still a bit rough and I had a bit of trouble the the "=sum(C3:C11)" for some reason, so I did the addition the rough way. This is just an example. Points totals are not final :p

This is an example of what I would do, though. Dirt walls are crap, but you have a lot of defenses added on in this example, so you don't lose the defensive additions despite what it's made of. Glass is worse than dirt, but you can see what is on the other side. Stone is better, Blast-Proof even better, and a force-field wall is the best.

So you could conceivably get (in this example) 41 points for:

a Force Field Wall that completely surroundeds the entire city, is spider-proof, fully lit, has at least 2 Full-Time Watchtowers, a Heavily Defended Gate (built-in defenses plus a small dedicated garrison worth a total of 3.5 points), you can walk on top of it, and has crenelations so skellingtons can't hit you as easy.

2x for that much power/work is actually probably a bit low. Blast-Proof, in this scenario, is 175% (again, a little low for Obsidian), but if you build all of this with Stone you get a 150% multiplier.

Not sure of the exact points but I'm fairly sure all that work would, by itself, be enough to vault it forward at least a full stage from a base Outlier, in addition to everything else. But that's a VERY heavy military-style build.

But that's basically the style I want to do. X is your main source of points, with A, B, or C multipliers to help boost the scores (or lower them) depending on how you build, so you don't have to place yet ANOTHER copy of the previous few farms, orchards, etc you've buit.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Mobius Archives

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
Welcome back Maul!

.......wow.

I....can't really express how much it means to me that you guys are still sticking with this despite my absence.

Thank you for planting the seeds of an incredibly fun challenge! The past 15 months (has it really been that long?) building a new civilization and slowly trying out all the new technology has really kept me engaged, both playing Minecraft and sharing with all of you through YouTube.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you flesh out the later stages, as I'll be bringing in more of the challenge once I've been able to convert to 1.7.10 (*shivers*). I may loose a good chunk of the village.

Again, welcome back!

Reactions: VaalDeth

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Whoa, Maul is back! Glad to keep coming back in this thread, it's interesting, heck I haven't even started my challenge yet (stupid minecraft updates making the modding world go splat... repeatedly... grrrrr), and I keep coming back because the challenge is so neat, and the people here are awesome.

Also your updates add so much to this when they happen, I remember when the challenge looks nothing like the current state.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Welcome back, Maul! I look forward to what you're looking at adding, though I may steer clear of the whole "Antz"-induced thing you mentioned. I'm happy enough personally with the standard fantasy fare. :)

The idea of migrating some of this to some spreadsheets (google docs is a good option) is a very good idea, and I liked the style of the site you linked to.

Definitely food for thought. I've nearly settled on my mod list for 1.7.10, now that Mystcraft has finally released for 1.7.10 -- just need to do some stability testing and I'll be ready to finally officially give it a go.[DOUBLEPOST=1413516508][/DOUBLEPOST]...and yes, I would like to get a PDF of the site if you get a chance. :)

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
o7 Tome We must have been posting at about the same time. I didn't see your post when I was responding to Mobius.

Sensei, glad you're ready to go. I'll toss the PDF up on dropbox or something. Just be warned it's not really organized--I didn't realize that the order I had things in the right-hand menu actually mattered. Things are kind of all over the place.

Spreadsheets: My plan is to launch a "Master" spreadsheet, and then 1 additional spreadsheet file per stage. The Master sheet wouldn't have EVERYTHING, it would be more of your "final scorecard," with broad overviews, and the front page letting you total up your score to see how magical/technically savvy/militaristic you are. the Stagesheets would get into the more nitty gritty. For Outliers I will be able to Copy/Paste, but I don't think I can copy/Paste pages between files--It works in Excel, gotta check Openoffice. If not, Outliers will probably have to end up being in the "Master" file, instead of being able to be carried along stage by stage in the Stagefiles.

The scores aren't intended to be "I got the highest score on this chalenge!" (though that bragging right will be there, too). I envision it more as a broad overview to see what kind of builder you are.

heh. Re: Antz I was writing Insectoids and that movie popped into my head for some reason. But that's why there are tons of races :p

The Antz races were rather tongue in cheek anyway lol. That movie.......wasn't the greatest movie out there lol. (You did see the Subterranean/Arboreal Insectoids, right?)

I actually just finished a preliminary spreadsheet for the Residentials (Not going to release it yet, because that's part of the Mastersheet and I haven't done much else on the Mastersheet yet), listing what is needed/Stage. Categories are Rooms (in your Estate), Guest Rooms (in your Estate), Servant's Quarters (in your Estate)--you are the head honcho, after all; Immigrants, Noble Lords (Elders in Dirt Hovel-Stone Hamlet), and Crime Lords. \At this point it's just rough numbers mainly influenced by the PDF of the wiki, copied down with slight tweaks from the Hardcore setting, with both the upper and lower end of each spectrum (2-6, 3-8, etc). If you aren't going Hardcore, feel free to lower)

Just going to note here that the Wood Settlement stage "Player Room" section is artificially high because you don't have a base number of rooms to build off of yet, and you have a few necessities.

And, with Rule of Cool, this is based on my attempts to be a relatively balanced build. If you want to be Noble-heavy or Crime-heavy, that's up to you. or just get 20 Servants/Stage--it's your game, man :p

....I have to say, considering all the awesome changes in 1.8, I'm going to be using that as my testbed/inspiration for moving forward with the Challenge [until things are in a much better shape, then I'll go back and look at mods, assuming they haven't caught up by then]. Because vanilla armor stands are a thing (you can now, in Vanilla, display your Armor AND your weapon. Thank you Armor Stand and Display Case!). Banners are a thing (a "national flag" doesn't need to be an awkward wool block stuck on a Fencepost thing). Sheep finally drop meat, rabbits......there's a reason to actually do an underwater city......sponges can be legitimately gained without spawning them in....I'll probably keep most of the mod-type stuff I have in the text now (except AM2 is aparently kaput), but just not add any more in until the rest is in a bit more of a finished state.

I've also got a sheet at the end of the Mastersheet atm that will be used more for the Netherstar Imperium--it's a "Colonized all Biomes" Checklist. Right now it's just a strict copy of all biome (excepting ocean) types, but as I get closer to Netherstar it will be narrowed down significantly..

Last edited:

VaalDeth

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure the video would be much cooler if it were actually playable... As of this post, it is still unavailable. Must have been an Enderman attack.

Edit: Maybe it's just me, but this link seems to work. The one you gave did not.

Much appreciated Sensei :p

And welcome back Maul! Good ol spreadsheets =)

yoy1zoz2mom3

Jul 29, 2019
I keep building 5 houses then realising:
1. they are too small
2. I have no stuff left
3. I have to build loads more

And then I burn out :(
Its sad as I love the idea of this challenge, but just cant keep my attention on building houses for long periods of time, especially landscaping in survival.

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
So a thought I had--

Expansions

I've always considered the Redstone and Glowstone Stages as "expansions," and not really "true" stages. In this new-wiki rewrite I'm considering removing them as Stages altogether. But they would stick around.

The others (Dirt-Netherstar) would still stick around (maybe throw a few more in?), but the catch is that the Redstone/Glowstone Expansions would be "unlocked" after you reach a certain threshold. And If I'm doing it this way, I'd throw in a few more expansions, too. Each Expansion would require additional immigrants, etc to move in, but once unlocked all features relating to the Expansion would be 100% available.

The catch would be that said expansions require a dedicated Outlier (equal in Stage rank to the level at which they are unlocked) or a significant footprint in your Capital (or both, for Glowstone) for your civilization to fully understand what exactly is going on.

Sample Expansions
  • Redstone Expansion--Technology. Unlocked at Iron Village
  • Glowstone Expansion--Magic. Unlocked at Iron Village
    • Unlocks Better Portals, pretty much all portal tech
    • Ender Pumps, Pump Setups that teleport liquid out of Nether require Redstone Expansion before setting up
    • Getting Lava out of the Nether with Rails requires the Minecart Expansion.
  • Zeppelin Expansion--Aerial Transportation. Unlocked at Stone Hamlet.
  • Minecart Expansion--Minecarts, trains, and everything to do with them. Unlocked at Stone Hamlet.
  • Pimp My Outlier Expansion--Build an Outlier specifically as a giant Palace for yourself (and a few very high-end nobles), and support staff (this is basically what Lapis is currently in the rules). Unlocked at Iron Village
    • Solution for poor planning when building your initial base location :p
    • I did have this later, but Iron Village is the stage (IMO) where you really see how much space you're going to need for your Estate. If you picked a bad spot earlier on, this gives you free reign to set up a spot that is all about YOU, and not the rabble who crowded your building area.
  • Godfather Expansion--Criminal Lords. Wood Settlement
  • Silver Spoon Expansion--Noble Lords. Wood Settlement
  • Rapture?
  • Columbia?
  • Megaton Challenge Expansion (Build an Outlier with IC2/other Nuclear/High-Explosive Reactors that are constantly on the verge of meltdown)???

Thoughts? Expansion ideas? This is something I'm still considering and haven't firmly decided but I'm leaning towards adopting this.

rules for the vanilla Minecart Expansion would probably be no minecarts but tracks are acceptable--in modded games only vanilla minecarts pre-Expansion.

Monuments

Also I mentioned previously about points being given for you being able to do certain things (kill x number of y mob, etc)--at this point I'm thinking of tying those points to "monuments."

Basically you do the *achievement*, then build a monument to it somewhere (rules will probably let you just toss a sign up in a "Monument Room" somewhere if you're not a builder, or build a physical monument to the achievement depending on your style, and you get the points.

Last edited:
Reactions: Senseidragon

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting idea, gives it a bit more of a free-form nature.

You might also be able to simplify a lot of the later challenge requirement descriptions by continuing on your... you know I can't figure out what to call it. The whole process of describing a basic thing, and then referencing back to it later with the changes specific to this instance. It can shrink the individual page size a LOT and also make it much more readable once you've got a basic grasp of the challenge. Wikis help a lot with the process because of hyperlinks.

Edit: Oh hey, we're the 14th most replied to non-sticky topic in General FTB chat now. Neat

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
Yup. and all but like 2-5 of those have been inactive for a year, so........:p

A few new ideas:

Sub-Race:

"Sub-race":

Ghouls have been exposed to too much CHEMICAL X
CHEMICAL X, as everyone knows, is a side product of any and all types of advanced technology.
And is responsible for creating the Powerpuff girls (and Mooooojo Jojo).
Ghouls are not technically their own Race--other Races become [Race] Ghouls after too much exposure to radiation/X-Particles
Name based off of the Fallout series "race" of Ghouls

"Sub-Race":

Warlocks

Like Ghouls, Warlocks are not born, but made. Warlocks are the Magical version of Ghouls
Name based off of Dresden Files

Neither Race is inherently "kill-em-all" bloodthirsty unless you want them to be.

Fun names so all Expansions don't have the word "Expansion" tacked onto the end:

Redstone Renaissance
Glowstone Germination
Pimp My Palace
Aerial Odyssey
Minecart Mayhem

Cult of [Cubaeism] (Page 1 callback, woo)
the Cubaeism expansion would not require *you* to follow all rules of your Cubeaistic deity (many/most of the final stages would require you to practically end your game, live only in the Nether, etc), but would require you to build/retrofit one or more outliers to fit a Cubeaism deity, and follow all the rules therein. Each Outlier would be dedicated to only a single Cubeaism deity. You want more deities/Cubeaism Outliers? Take the challenge again. The Cubeaism expansion is probably the only one that wouldn't have additional build requirements in the capital (aside from a temple to the deity of choice in the Capital somewhere, and a Priest (whose house is built to his deity's standards) to match.

Also I'm making a rule change for Squads for clarity/simplicity:

Squads=10 members
Sergeants=1 per Squad
Leftenant=1 per 2-5 Sergeants
Captain=1 per 3-5 Leftenants
Commandant/Commodore (Commodore=Navy only)=1 per Command
Grand Admiral/5-star General=1 total

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
The catch would be that said expansions require a dedicated Outlier (equal in Stage rank to the level at which they are unlocked) or a significant footprint in your Capital (or both, for Glowstone) for your civilization to fully understand what exactly is going on.

Sample Expansions
  • Redstone Expansion--Technology. Unlocked at Iron Village
  • Glowstone Expansion--Magic. Unlocked at Iron Village
    • Unlocks Better Portals, pretty much all portal tech
    • Ender Pumps, Pump Setups that teleport liquid out of Nether require Redstone Expansion before setting up
    • Getting Lava out of the Nether with Rails requires the Minecart Expansion.
  • Zeppelin Expansion--Aerial Transportation. Unlocked at Stone Hamlet.
  • Minecart Expansion--Minecarts, trains, and everything to do with them. Unlocked at Stone Hamlet.
  • Pimp My Outlier Expansion--Build an Outlier specifically as a giant Palace for yourself (and a few very high-end nobles), and support staff (this is basically what Lapis is currently in the rules). Unlocked at Iron Village
    • Solution for poor planning when building your initial base location :p
    • I did have this later, but Iron Village is the stage (IMO) where you really see how much space you're going to need for your Estate. If you picked a bad spot earlier on, this gives you free reign to set up a spot that is all about YOU, and not the rabble who crowded your building area.

Interesting change, I'd like to know more about what you mean by "significant footprint in your Capital". In my case I have a TechAlley with Railcraft, RotaryCraft, ThermalExpansion and other shopkeeper/technical specalists. Would something like having a person and building dedicated to a particular technology be enough to introduce it to your civilization?

Also, I love the Pimp My Outlier Expansion. I've more than run out of room building on the edge of the city by the water. I think I'll look forward to moving my quarters to someplace more roomy.