Signature editing seems to be having issues(Solved)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
E: Excuse my ignorance of the new policy.

When trying to save this sig:

Code:
[CENTER][spoiler="Unrequited Love"]There once was a
More beautiful after each
I will always love[/spoiler]
Join us in trying to defeat LawbrokenJadedMorvyVauthilFlipzmods :mad: Moderators: They make you lose count(Longest thread still alive!)[/CENTER]

It says 7 lines too long. When everything is removed from the spoiler as such:

Code:
[CENTER][spoiler="Unrequited Love"]
[/spoiler]
Join us in trying to defeat LawbrokenJadedMorvyVauthilFlipzmods :mad: Moderators: They make you lose count(Longest thread still alive!)[/CENTER]

It says it's still 5 lines too long except that the entire signature is only 4 lines. I'm really at a loss for what's wrong since I've used the same signature for more than a year now and the only thing I changed was the link to reflect the new thread title.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Ah didn't see that. Guess I need to make some font changes. Though really spoilers should only count as one line >_>

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Ah didn't see that. Guess I need to make some font changes. Though really spoilers should only count as one line >_>
Im sorry for telling jaded about the config option for sig limitations :eek:

Sent from some stupid phone using tappatalk kappa

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I edited the first post of the new guideline thread to say exactly what the restrictions are. I can't make it ignore spoilers though.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Im sorry for telling jaded about the config option for sig limitations :eek:

Sent from some stupid phone using tappatalk kappa

It's fine. It's just silly that my proposed signature is smaller than ones that follow those guidelines yet is unacceptable.

Reactions: Chaka

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
It's fine. It's just stupid that my proposed signature is smaller than ones that follow those guidelines yet is unacceptable.

Read the response above yours. I hadn't gotten around to replacing the "guidelines" with what I set in the settings.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I saw we posted right after each other haha. It's just one of those things I guess. No real biggie.

I know it sucks, but we kept trying to ignore signatures and they kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger. So we had to define an actual guideline. And since we can actually enforce it without tracking everyone down and poking them....

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I know it sucks, but we kept trying to ignore signatures and they kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger. So we had to define an actual guideline. And since we can actually enforce it without tracking everyone down and poking them....

Yeah I understand. I'm more annoyed at the forum editor that can't treat images and spoilers *the same* i.e. be able to have one set of IMG tags or spoiler tags. Oh well.

Reactions: Jadedcat

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Is it any way for you to remove the limit for users with a lot of trophy points/posts/time?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Is it any way for you to remove the limit for users with a lot of trophy points/posts/time?

There probably is, moderation staff would prefer not. Those are the members that frequently had the giant "Novel-sized" signatures. 4 lines is plenty of space for a signature.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
There probably is, moderation staff would prefer not. Those are the members that frequently had the giant "Novel-sized" signatures. 4 lines is plenty of space for a signature.
It's also the members that are the most scared of losing their signature rights. If you make it very clear that rule breaking equals loss of signature, they will follow the rules. I actually have a novel in my signature, but it doesn't disturb you :p

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
It's also the members that are the most scared of losing their signature rights. If you make it very clear that rule breaking equals loss of signature, they will follow the rules. I actually have a novel in my signature, but it doesn't disturb you :p

Cause you use a spoiler :p