Signature editing seems to be having issues(Solved)

Discussion in 'Web Feedback' started by Hoff, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Hoff

Hoff Tech Support

E: Excuse my ignorance of the new policy.

When trying to save this sig:

Code:
    [CENTER][spoiler="Unrequited Love"]There once was a
    More beautiful after each
    I will always love[/spoiler]
    Join us in trying to defeat LawbrokenJadedMorvyVauthilFlipzmods :mad: Moderators: They make you lose count(Longest thread still alive!)[/CENTER]

It says 7 lines too long. When everything is removed from the spoiler as such:

Code:
    [CENTER][spoiler="Unrequited Love"]
    [/spoiler]
    Join us in trying to defeat LawbrokenJadedMorvyVauthilFlipzmods :mad: Moderators: They make you lose count(Longest thread still alive!)[/CENTER]

It says it's still 5 lines too long except that the entire signature is only 4 lines. I'm really at a loss for what's wrong since I've used the same signature for more than a year now and the only thing I changed was the link to reflect the new thread title.

2. INCSlayer

INCSlayer Well-Known Member

3. Hoff

Hoff Tech Support

Ah didn't see that. Guess I need to make some font changes. Though really spoilers should only count as one line >_>

4. Chaka

Chaka FTB Team Mod Developer Retired Staff

Im sorry for telling jaded about the config option for sig limitations :eek:

Sent from some stupid phone using tappatalk kappa

5. Jadedcat

Jadedcat New Member

I edited the first post of the new guideline thread to say exactly what the restrictions are. I can't make it ignore spoilers though.

6. Hoff

Hoff Tech Support

It's fine. It's just silly that my proposed signature is smaller than ones that follow those guidelines yet is unacceptable.

Chaka likes this.
  7. Jadedcat

Jadedcat New Member

Read the response above yours. I hadn't gotten around to replacing the "guidelines" with what I set in the settings.

8. Hoff

Hoff Tech Support

I saw we posted right after each other haha. It's just one of those things I guess. No real biggie.

Jadedcat likes this.
  9. pc_assassin

pc_assassin New Member

Still need to fix mine...

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

10. Jadedcat

Jadedcat New Member

I know it sucks, but we kept trying to ignore signatures and they kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger. So we had to define an actual guideline. And since we can actually enforce it without tracking everyone down and poking them....

11. Hoff

Hoff Tech Support

Yeah I understand. I'm more annoyed at the forum editor that can't treat images and spoilers *the same* i.e. be able to have one set of IMG tags or spoiler tags. Oh well.

Jadedcat likes this.
  12. CoolSquid

CoolSquid New Member

Is it any way for you to remove the limit for users with a lot of trophy points/posts/time?

13. Captainnana

Captainnana New Member

Yeah that's something I could have a look at

CoolSquid likes this.
  14. Jadedcat

Jadedcat New Member

There probably is, moderation staff would prefer not. Those are the members that frequently had the giant "Novel-sized" signatures. 4 lines is plenty of space for a signature.

15. CoolSquid

CoolSquid New Member

It's also the members that are the most scared of losing their signature rights. If you make it very clear that rule breaking equals loss of signature, they will follow the rules. I actually have a novel in my signature, but it doesn't disturb you :p

16. Jadedcat

Jadedcat New Member

Cause you use a spoiler :p

17. CoolSquid

CoolSquid New Member

So you like it? :p

18. Hoff

Hoff Tech Support

Thus my earlier lament... :'c

19. CoolSquid

CoolSquid New Member

Let's go and spam XenForo! :p