Signature Policy Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Signatures are getting out of hand on the forums.

According to forum rules the basic guideline is "Signatures should be less then 615 wide x 150 Tall. "

That is the size for the entire signature, not an image that size plus another image that size plus 20 lines of text.

Most of them are signature height violations

Since there is now a xenforo tool to set size for signatures, it has been implemented.

Regular non-staff members have the following restrictions:

4 lines
size 3 (in the text editor) font
1 image

Third Party Modpack Team/ FTB Modpack Developers:
6 lines
size 4 font
1 image

Forum Moderators/ Admins :
Unlimited

Signatures are about adding some personal flavor, a bit about you and maybe links to stuff you work on.... not about writing your life's story and linking to everything you ever liked :p

If you have a compelling reason to suggest you need more signature space, feel free to give it.

However the following don't count:

• Wanting to write 100 quotes
  • Wanting to link multiple images
  • Wanting to link to every thread/project you have ever contributed to

Staff signatures are often a bit longer since people like @tfox83 and @Eyamaz need more space to link to important FTB information. And I am sorry but just because YOU feel your information is important enough that you should be given more space does not mean the forum staff will agree. More space is typically going to be given to FTB Forum Staff/ Modpack Staff and maybe FTB Team Leads.

Being able to advertise every modpack you have made or are working on is not a good reason. Think how big my signature would be if I did that.

Last edited:

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Since people seem to like visuals....

@Gideonseymour sig is about as large as is acceptable:

sig.png
So Don't be @Gideonseymour Or @SatanicSanta

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
is mine okay? i have it as small as i can with-ought ruining the look i went for. something that would help greatly is the ability to nest spoilers btw.(i know it is a Xenforo bug)

Yeah I wish the spoliers could be nested, the three could be distracting. On the other hand... I would have to bop you if all of that was outside spoilers :p

Status
Not open for further replies.