If you could add one block what would it be... Get your block idea into my mod!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
I... I want to see a Nest Block.
Perhaps constructed using sticks and/or other objects, the Nest Block when set down creates a nest that takes up space like a half slab. You can put chicken eggs in it and it 'cooks' over time to hatch a new chicken.

Even better, you could build a multiblock structure out of them (In 2x2 or 3x3 forms) to hatch larger eggs from creatures. Maybe even a 5x5 structure to hatch an ender dragon egg... Though why would you want to do that? ;)

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Slabs/stairs of ALL blocks.
Mud. the top most layer of dirt if exposed to rain, or water for prolong time will turn to mud as it soaks up the water. Could act like soulsand, sinking in and slowing movement. Can be picked up as mud block. But after say half a days time of no longer being exposed to such, turns back to normal dirt.

Seashells in the sea, give a reason to explore it more.

A hopper that can connect to more then one block and split blocks evenly. Nice to attach 4 furnace's to a single hopper and have it split it's contents evenly between them.

Sorting Hoppers. Hoppers you can tell it what item/items to look for and pull.

Nests.. just as suggested before.. but I'd like to see them attract chickens to sit in them to lay eggs instead of them just popping where ever. Make it easier for egg collection if you can tell the chickens where to go.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I... I want to see a Nest Block.
Perhaps constructed using sticks and/or other objects, the Nest Block when set down creates a nest that takes up space like a half slab. You can put chicken eggs in it and it 'cooks' over time to hatch a new chicken.

Even better, you could build a multiblock structure out of them (In 2x2 or 3x3 forms) to hatch larger eggs from creatures. Maybe even a 5x5 structure to hatch an ender dragon egg... Though why would you want to do that? ;)
Make sure it works with phoenix eggs, too.

Maybe the phoenixes could act like those birds whose names I've forgotten in the Aether mod- they occasionally drop eggs (like chickens), which you can then incubate to produce a tame bird, to which you can attach a saddle and ride.

Oh, and make the phoenixes burn up when they die, and spawn a new (immature?) phoenix. You might still be able to get a feather off a mature phoenix, though, if it doesn't get burned up in all the fire.

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Slabs/stairs of ALL blocks.
Mud. the top most layer of dirt if exposed to rain, or water for prolong time will turn to mud as it soaks up the water. Could act like soulsand, sinking in and slowing movement. Can be picked up as mud block. But after say half a days time of no longer being exposed to such, turns back to normal dirt.

Seashells in the sea, give a reason to explore it more.

A hopper that can connect to more then one block and split blocks evenly. Nice to attach 4 furnace's to a single hopper and have it split it's contents evenly between them.

Sorting Hoppers. Hoppers you can tell it what item/items to look for and pull.

Nests.. just as suggested before.. but I'd like to see them attract chickens to sit in them to lay eggs instead of them just popping where ever. Make it easier for egg collection if you can tell the chickens where to go.

Slabs of all blocks Forge Mico parts

Stairs of every block Carpenter blocks

Seashells is in Mariculter

Sorting hoppers or blocks that act like that are in Refined Relocation

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
A wall block immune to spider climb.

This could be awesome. :)

@Hoff

Thanks for the defense, the community has so many nice people, but there's
Make sure it works with phoenix eggs, too.

Maybe the phoenixes could act like those birds whose names I've forgotten in the Aether mod- they occasionally drop eggs (like chickens), which you can then incubate to produce a tame bird, to which you can attach a saddle and ride.

Oh, and make the phoenixes burn up when they die, and spawn a new (immature?) phoenix. You might still be able to get a feather off a mature phoenix, though, if it doesn't get burned up in all the fire.

Nest blocks are going to be coming with Phoenix I like the idea of something to do with the Dragon egg, and also chickens. A renewable feather producing farm/ a 1:1 egg to chicken ratio may both be in order.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
This could be awesome. :)

@Hoff

Thanks for the defense, the community has so many nice people, but there's

Nest blocks are going to be coming with Phoenix I like the idea of something to do with the Dragon egg, and also chickens. A renewable feather producing farm/ a 1:1 egg to chicken ratio may both be in order.

I'm glad I could contribute.

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
I think you should be able to right click a coal block with flint and steel and instead of setting it on fire give it a glowing texture. It should last for at least a minecraft week and if you put a furnace on top of it, it should give it enough heat to cook things.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
New idea: Head on a spike. Extremely medieval mentality here. Maybe just 2 iron ingots with a mob head on top in vertical fashion. Possibly make it to plant either flat on the ground or wall mounted like torches. The effect: in a 6 block radius around it, it scares mobs away like unto cats with creepers. However it will only scare the mob that has its head on the spike. This will mean needing to add a head block for all vanilla mobs as well I suppose.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
New idea: Head on a spike. Extremely medieval mentality here. Maybe just 2 iron ingots with a mob head on top in vertical fashion. Possibly make it to plant either flat on the ground or wall mounted like torches. The effect: in a 6 block radius around it, it scares mobs away like unto cats with creepers. However it will only scare the mob that has its head on the spike. This will mean needing to add a head block for all vanilla mobs as well I suppose.
Player heads too please. I'd like a hall of my enemies where I strike fear into everybody's hearts. Speaking of spikes, we should have crucifixion in Minecraft.

Reactions: rungok

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Fences are already in the game.

But fences aren't as badass as these:

Dsc_0029-barricade.jpg

Reactions: pizzawolf14

yoy1zoz2mom3

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly, something that would hurt mobs that walk into them, fences are so old, jeez, just climb over them already, they basically have rungs

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Great ideas. I like the idea of spiked heads. :D Also some sort of wall defense thingy is definitely coming maybe caltrops, barbed wire, and some sort of hidden spikes. I should be putting some more features in by tomorrow. Right now Im working on exporting objs and importing them as java so I can start having models. :p