If you could add one block what would it be... Get your block idea into my mod!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
How about some kind of combination of redstone and glowstone dust, crafted by combining the two and having the properties of both? It could be placed like redstone yet also glows; to balance it you could make it lose power after a shorter distance than normal redstone (8?).
You could also make a sifter or something similar to be able to separate them again (possibly also useful for other things?).
Naturally, the dust would be orange (my favorite color :D).
I don't imagine it being very useful for FTB, seeing as we have cables and all, but maybe combined with other features it could be fun and interesting to play with. :)

Reactions: pizzawolf14

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds awesome as well, though it could be very useful for griefers/pranks. If you set it up to max range near a base that uses signals for spawners, machines, etc. :) I like it!

Proper redstone security relies on a low signal not a high signal. Can't negate a redstone signal output as easily as you can spoof a true signal.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
How about some kind of combination of redstone and glowstone dust, crafted by combining the two and having the properties of both? It could be placed like redstone yet also glows; to balance it you could make it lose power after a shorter distance than normal redstone (8?).
You could also make a sifter or something similar to be able to separate them again (possibly also useful for other things?).
Naturally, the dust would be orange (my favorite color :D).
I don't imagine it being very useful for FTB, seeing as we have cables and all, but maybe combined with other features it could be fun and interesting to play with. :)

The redstone/glowstone sounds awesome and if I'm right I thinks it will be fairly easy. I can get that in pretty soon. Uncrafting some common items may be in order. Naturally. :)

Proper redstone security relies on a low signal not a high signal. Can't negate a redstone signal output as easily as you can spoof a true signal.

You mean like how when a piston is extended a second signal wont make it come back in utnill the first is off? :( I need to make a redstone signal blocker! :p

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. I"ve always wanted a block that lets you transport items/fluids through it. One that works like an elevator, where you press jump/sneak to go up/down.

I think a block that allows you to take items placed on pedestals near it, can allow you to combine all those items into a different item with cool properties... That would be pretty awesome as well.

I think a block that allows you to turn your ores into double dusts, then another machine that uses energy instead of coal to smelt items, would be pretty convenient.

For the most part, I think FTB is lacking in blocks that allow for automation, so that should be the focus.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. I"ve always wanted a block that lets you transport items/fluids through it. One that works like an elevator, where you press jump/sneak to go up/down.

I think a block that allows you to take items placed on pedestals near it, can allow you to combine all those items into a different item with cool properties... That would be pretty awesome as well.

I think a block that allows you to turn your ores into double dusts, then another machine that uses energy instead of coal to smelt items, would be pretty convenient.

For the most part, I think FTB is lacking in blocks that allow for automation, so that should be the focus.

22550d1381890705-ford-dealers-blow-fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-serious-trolling-7e8642.jpg

I think trolling. :p

Reactions: pizzawolf14

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I think it would be better to develop your own base idea first, then ask for feedback. This is sorta just asking for freebie ideas, and then trying to make a mod based off that.

Not saying there's anything wrong with that, but you are sorta cheating your way past those who have developed their own innovative base and tweaked it using community input/feedback.

Doing things backwards.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I think it would be better to develop your own base idea first, then ask for feedback. This is sorta just asking for freebie ideas, and then trying to make a mod based off that.

Not saying there's anything wrong with that, but you are sorta cheating your way past those who have developed their own innovative base and tweaked it using community input/feedback.

Doing things backwards.
It's not really... They are getting ideas for what people would like to see included in the mod pack that the PhoenixCraft team are putting together. So it's not like they are fishing for ideas for a mod that they are publicly releasing.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019

Doing things backwards.

This is an odd response from a couple people. What is wrong with making a mod for the community? I have my own ideas, as well. How am I cheating by asking for things people want instead of telling them what they get? Its not like I am going to sell this or something, ideas are free and the mod is too. Just my opinion but I get annoyed that people seem to think its wrong to ask for community ideas. I genuinely want to know what people want from a mod. What is lacking? What did a bunch of authors all miss since they didn't ask. :p Im not cheating, stealing, being unimaginative or lazy. But I will have my own ideas as well. :) Also the base idea is already concepted I just cant do it tilI have more experience which means more coding.

It's not really... They are getting ideas for what people would like to see included in the mod pack that the PhoenixCraft team are putting together. So it's not like they are fishing for ideas for a mod that they are publicly releasing.

Uh no... Actually I have no affiliation with Phoenixteam at the moment. :p They may be adding this mod eventually to the pack if it incorporates the birds like I want in to. So yea, not fishing for ideas just asking for things people want to see in minecraft. Why is that wrong? :) I have never seen any author do it before, but I always had ideas for stuff but no way to do it. I know others must feel the same way and now that I know how to do I want to let there ideas be heard.

Last edited:

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Derp, my bad... Just you calling the mod PhoenixCraft made me think you were making it for the pack they are making :/

Yea the name is going to have to change, as was discussed early in the thread. :p :) Which is unfortunate cause I really liked Phoenixcraft. :( How about Phoenix's Craft. lolz

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
That one would not be so flattering. :p

Dirt slabs-

Screenshot2014-10-02181225_zps4d2869fe.png

(Texture is just a place holder until I update the texture sheet to the new one)

Also these arent actually "slabs" yet, meaning they don't stack on each other at the moment. I should have that worked soon though.

Last edited:

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
You mean like how when a piston is extended a second signal wont make it come back in utnill the first is off? :( I need to make a redstone signal blocker! :p

Specifically with doors. If you put them on backwards so they are "closed" when in the open state, then redstone can't open it. People will get confused when trying to break in with redstone. Good for adventure maps.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012

Doing things backwards.

It's not like he's developing a mod like with a true theme at the moment. Testing the coding waters is top priority at the moment which many of these ideas can help to facilitate. It's always easier to practically apply something when given a way to practically apply it. Just thinking one up isn't always so easy.

How is he cheating? Is modding a competition? The idea of being able to "cheat" at making a mod is just so beyond anything I can even comprehend. It just doesn't make sense in the slightest. Random things and open blocks must have "cheated" too. After all they're not developed on an innovative base and are instead just a collection of blocks people like having around. Project Red must be cheating too since it's basically just a copy of something the dev didn't even think up. Oh also any mod based on anything that's not their own idea cheated as well, huh?

Seriously get real.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crhymez

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
A block that acts like a player, Kinda like a chunk loader but also activates blocks that need a player near it like a vanilla spawner. Could have it only activate if the player who placed it is online

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese