1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

If you could add one block what would it be... Get your block idea into my mod!

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by PhoenixSmith, Sep 30, 2014.

1. PhoenixSmith

PhoenixSmith New Member

Hmm, I guess that could be done, but I dont know if it could be all in mine-craft. It would probably be something like right clock the block and the files export out. Not like a seamless RPG. There might be a way, but its over my head. Still that is a great idea for an advanced modder.

pc_assassin likes this.
  2. Automation2000

Automation2000 New Member

A block that costs a wither skull and 8 iron which is completley wither explosion proof

3. pc_assassin

pc_assassin New Member

Not that I wouldnt mind something with a cooler texture but obsidian and sep/octuple compressed cobble can do this

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

4. pizzawolf14

pizzawolf14 New Member

Can you make it so you fall down every once in a while when you walk on it? Maybe make mud spots show up on your screen like when you wear a pumpkin. That'd be fun :p

5. Qazplm601

Qazplm601 Lord of the Tumbleweeds

im baaacckkkk (and late)
    btw, @teamphoenix won't do anything, summon me, Gideonseymour, strikingwolf, ThomazM, or(don't use this one) satanicsanta.
    heh, few things.
    1.we really can't and wont do anything if you name it this, because, a.dgaf about names b.there are already SO many Phoenixcrafts out there.(like 5 or so servers)
    2.i doubt calling your mod that would hurt it, might cause some confusion tho.
    3.actually, the team was formed May 19, 2014. :p way before the modpack. (that pack is actually PhoenixCraft2, 1 was unavailiable to the public, andwe decided to go with-ought the 2 to stop confusion. we also have more projects other than that pack. (PhoenixConfig, as a example)
    4.not mad, just thought i would clarify, because some people assume most posts are serious.

pc_assassin likes this.
  6. Gideonseymour

Gideonseymour Relatable Gamer Trusted User Retired Staff

What I thought of when I saw this:
    [​IMG]

7. Qazplm601

wat

8. ThomazM

ThomazM Phoenix Team Founder

If you were to actually create a Phoenix mob, we, as the PhoenixTeam, would be hugely grateful, it's something we wanted to do for a really long time anyway - I could even provide you the textures, if that's a problem to you; I mean, in general, a phoenix based mod adding cool new terrain generated stuff, plus, maybe some other mobs, end-game tools and armor would be really, really awesome to see.

pc_assassin likes this.
  9. SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta New Member

Why am I being pinged in this thread? >.>

10. Qazplm601

twas gid.

11. PhoenixSmith

PhoenixSmith New Member

Oh dear, Satanic Santa has arrived! :p Anyways I would love to help you guys out with Phoenix related stuff. Which is what I've been planning to do. :) What I'm planning for the birds is that they will be rare gens (possibly in there own biomes) with high health and an 100 drop rate of a phoenix egg when killed, with a much smaller chance to drop a Phoenix feather. The feather when help in the players inventory will let the player die and retain all his/her items, xp, etc. The egg can be used in a new generator for set it and forget it power. (except I may make it so the egg could randomly hatch. lolz)\

As for wither-blast proof blocks, I actually already implemented two of my own design. I'm just tinkering with the code to get them unbreakable.

Eventually I hope to add ore gen, biomes, generators, mobs, creative powers sources, electric eels, lightning rods, etc.

12. pizzawolf14

pizzawolf14 New Member

Do note, I'm not familiar with Minecraft's code, but couldn't you just set the blast resistance to like 999999 to make it blast proof but not unbreakable?

13. PhoenixSmith

PhoenixSmith New Member

lolz Fall down? :) I dont know how I would code that, at least I've never seen it done before. The overlay screen though could be done. :)

Unfortunately, no. The blast resistance does matter when it comes to tnt, etc. But the withers blue head shots are hard coded to break ALL blocks besides bedrock. :( Im going to have to delve into the vanilla white list I think...

pizzawolf14 likes this.
  14. pizzawolf14

pizzawolf14 New Member

Idk, just the other day my friend face planted into mud when we were on a hike to go fishing and it's the first thing I thought of when I read the slippery mud idea :p

15. PhoenixSmith

PhoenixSmith New Member

Alright quick flint block implementation. Texture looks kinda crappy atm, but I am going to spruce it up. Recipies are fully added. 9 flint to a block and back again per the norm. Also you can see the Wither-Blast Shield and glass in my inventory. :p Flint aesthetic blocks coming soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  16. pizzawolf14

pizzawolf14 New Member

I like the texture :3
    Maybe a brick version without the shine, because frankly I think the shine would look a little out of place on a brick.

17. SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta New Member

I have spruced it up.
    [​IMG]

trajing, Salamileg9, E_DM_B and 9 others like this.
  18. PhoenixSmith

PhoenixSmith New Member

Hey if people like it I'll keep it. :) Yea the specularity (fancy word for shine :p) is a tad strong on flint. Im going to just keep the colors for brick. I might go all out and due polished, brick, small brick etc if I like how they look.

@SatanicSanta That looks pretty good thanks for the wonderful free texture work! :p You sure thats a spruce though, looks more like a sub-American pine to my eyes.[DOUBLEPOST=1412124939][/DOUBLEPOST]Firestone Crystals and block/dimension variants-

[​IMG]

The ores give off particles off fire/ender. The blocks give off runes of magic powah!!!! Sorry got a little carried away there.

Flint Decoration Blocks are done recipes coming soon-

[​IMG]

Polished and brick (Im fixing the glitch in the middle of the large brick now) look awesome imo, small brick looks meh, I think Im gonna go darker in the cracks.

@Celestialphoenix Bam! One day, four blocks! Let me know if you want chiseled and glyphed.

Edit: Recipes are done as well now. 4 flint blocks turn into 4 polished, 4 polished into 4 brick, and 4 brick into 4 small brick. Also should the recipe for the original flint block only take 4 flint, or is nine good? To build out of these will take alot of flint! :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  19. Succubism

Succubism New Member

I demand to see it from the back.

20. Omicron

Omicron New Member

How about an ore processing block that sometimes produces a muscle building advert as bonus output?

It would definitely be "inspired by the FTB forums"... :confused::p