If you could add one block what would it be... Get your block idea into my mod!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I guess that could be done, but I dont know if it could be all in mine-craft. It would probably be something like right clock the block and the files export out. Not like a seamless RPG. There might be a way, but its over my head. Still that is a great idea for an advanced modder.

Reactions: pc_assassin

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
A block that costs a wither skull and 8 iron which is completley wither explosion proof

Not that I wouldnt mind something with a cooler texture but obsidian and sep/octuple compressed cobble can do this

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Slippery mud has been added. Im deciding just how slippery to make it right now it is a tad above regular ice. Also the texture is kind of bland at the moment. This gives me an idea though. What would any of you think of really slippery blocks for paths. Basically slippery enough you could jump on and just slide to your base. :p It seems like a cool idea for quick around base transport. Though it could be annoying for roads depending on how it was implemented.

Screenie-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eueia9r2gei6ay3/Screenshot 2014-09-30 17.04.38.png?dl=0
Can you make it so you fall down every once in a while when you walk on it? Maybe make mud spots show up on your screen like when you wear a pumpkin. That'd be fun :p

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Hmm, that would be unfortunate. Honestly though it seems weird that they can take "PhoenixCraft", Im going to be basing my Mod around the bird and it seems the only logical choice as of now. @TeamPhoenix have any ideas for my mods name then? Also everyone, would this mod being name PhoenixCraft as well hurt it? I don't want to step on any toes, just disappointed if that name is already locked down forever. :(

@Pyure surely you have something you want added? How about a space time vacuum that will transport Reactorcraft waste into a Villager only dimmension. :p (Oh wait that may be a tad to advanced at the moment :))
im baaacckkkk (and late)
btw, @teamphoenix won't do anything, summon me, Gideonseymour, strikingwolf, ThomazM, or(don't use this one) satanicsanta.
heh, few things.
1.we really can't and wont do anything if you name it this, because, a.dgaf about names b.there are already SO many Phoenixcrafts out there.(like 5 or so servers)
2.i doubt calling your mod that would hurt it, might cause some confusion tho.
3.actually, the team was formed May 19, 2014. :p way before the modpack. (that pack is actually PhoenixCraft2, 1 was unavailiable to the public, andwe decided to go with-ought the 2 to stop confusion. we also have more projects other than that pack. (PhoenixConfig, as a example)
4.not mad, just thought i would clarify, because some people assume most posts are serious.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
im baaacckkkk (and late)
btw, @teamphoenix won't do anything, summon me, @Gideonseymour , @Strikingwolf , @ThomazM , or(don't use this one) @SatanicSanta .
heh, few things.
1.we really can't and wont do anything if you name it this, because, a.dgaf about names b.there are already SO many Phoenixcrafts out there.(like 5 or so servers)
2.i doubt calling your mod that would hurt it, might cause some confusion tho.
3.actually, the team was formed May 19, 2014. :p way before the modpack. (that pack is actually PhoenixCraft2, 1 was unavailiable to the public, andwe decided to go with-ought the 2 to stop confusion. we also have more projects other than that pack. (PhoenixConfig, as a example)
4.not mad, just thought i would clarify, because some people assume most posts are serious.
What I thought of when I saw this:
I-was-here-first.jpg

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Hey guys!

Im developing a new mod (Phoenixcraft 1.0-1.7.10) and to get started I'm adding some blocks. I have some cool ideas, but I want to know what the community wants. If you could add some block to modded mine-craft what would you add? Pleas keep in mind Im still get started with my programming skills but post anything you come up with and I'll let you know if I can try it out. If a suggestion does go into the alpha I will give credit to you for concept development. :) So if you always had a good idea but no dev listened/ you didn't want to write the code here's the place to say it.

If you were to actually create a Phoenix mob, we, as the PhoenixTeam, would be hugely grateful, it's something we wanted to do for a really long time anyway - I could even provide you the textures, if that's a problem to you; I mean, in general, a phoenix based mod adding cool new terrain generated stuff, plus, maybe some other mobs, end-game tools and armor would be really, really awesome to see.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Oh dear, Satanic Santa has arrived! :p Anyways I would love to help you guys out with Phoenix related stuff. Which is what I've been planning to do. :) What I'm planning for the birds is that they will be rare gens (possibly in there own biomes) with high health and an 100 drop rate of a phoenix egg when killed, with a much smaller chance to drop a Phoenix feather. The feather when help in the players inventory will let the player die and retain all his/her items, xp, etc. The egg can be used in a new generator for set it and forget it power. (except I may make it so the egg could randomly hatch. lolz)\

As for wither-blast proof blocks, I actually already implemented two of my own design. I'm just tinkering with the code to get them unbreakable.

Eventually I hope to add ore gen, biomes, generators, mobs, creative powers sources, electric eels, lightning rods, etc.

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
As for wither-blast proof blocks, I actually already implemented two of my own design. I'm just tinkering with the code to get them unbreakable.
Do note, I'm not familiar with Minecraft's code, but couldn't you just set the blast resistance to like 999999 to make it blast proof but not unbreakable?

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Can you make it so you fall down every once in a while when you walk on it? Maybe make mud spots show up on your screen like when you wear a pumpkin. That'd be fun :p

lolz Fall down? :) I dont know how I would code that, at least I've never seen it done before. The overlay screen though could be done. :)

Do note, I'm not familiar with Minecraft's code, but couldn't you just set the blast resistance to like 999999 to make it blast proof but not unbreakable?

Unfortunately, no. The blast resistance does matter when it comes to tnt, etc. But the withers blue head shots are hard coded to break ALL blocks besides bedrock. :( Im going to have to delve into the vanilla white list I think...

Reactions: pizzawolf14

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
lolz Fall down? :) I dont know how I would code that, at least I've never seen it done before. The overlay screen though could be done. :)
Idk, just the other day my friend face planted into mud when we were on a hike to go fishing and it's the first thing I thought of when I read the slippery mud idea :p

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Alright quick flint block implementation. Texture looks kinda crappy atm, but I am going to spruce it up. Recipies are fully added. 9 flint to a block and back again per the norm. Also you can see the Wither-Blast Shield and glass in my inventory. :p Flint aesthetic blocks coming soon.

Screenshot2014-09-30204054_zpscb22f77a.png

Screenshot2014-09-30203810_zps500ab494.png

Last edited:

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Alright quick flint block implementation. Texture looks kinda crappy atm, but I am going to spruce it up. Recipies are fully added. 9 flint to a block and back again per the norm. Also you can see the Wither-Blast Shield and glass in my inventory. :p

Screenshot2014-09-30204054_zpscb22f77a.png

Screenshot2014-09-30203810_zps500ab494.png
I like the texture :3
Maybe a brick version without the shine, because frankly I think the shine would look a little out of place on a brick.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Hey if people like it I'll keep it. :) Yea the specularity (fancy word for shine :p) is a tad strong on flint. Im going to just keep the colors for brick. I might go all out and due polished, brick, small brick etc if I like how they look.

@SatanicSanta That looks pretty good thanks for the wonderful free texture work! :p You sure thats a spruce though, looks more like a sub-American pine to my eyes.[DOUBLEPOST=1412124939][/DOUBLEPOST]Firestone Crystals and block/dimension variants-

Screenshot2014-09-30205514_zps8d181861.png

The ores give off particles off fire/ender. The blocks give off runes of magic powah!!!! Sorry got a little carried away there.

Flint Decoration Blocks are done recipes coming soon-

Screenshot2014-09-30212310_zpsb93d1242.png

Polished and brick (Im fixing the glitch in the middle of the large brick now) look awesome imo, small brick looks meh, I think Im gonna go darker in the cracks.

@Celestialphoenix Bam! One day, four blocks! Let me know if you want chiseled and glyphed.

Edit: Recipes are done as well now. 4 flint blocks turn into 4 polished, 4 polished into 4 brick, and 4 brick into 4 small brick. Also should the recipe for the original flint block only take 4 flint, or is nine good? To build out of these will take alot of flint! :)

Last edited: