Tech Mods: Missing the Point

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Indeed !

InfiTech takes the approach of tweaking everything else around GT. There are some things about GT that are not-so-fun, but I do enjoy the slower pace of progression and the increased need for planning and re-factoring. Precious few things come quick or easy.

It keeps my brain engaged.[DOUBLEPOST=1411491490][/DOUBLEPOST]

On that thoguht, we should have 2 kinds of lava : Overworld lava that works like it does now and hurty, ouch, ouch Nether lava that isn't useful for anything other than pain and death.

The biggest imbalancer in this whole equation is Nether lava.
Agreed. I would love to see a Sea Water mod and Nether Lava mod.

Reactions: MigukNamja

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
[DOUBLEPOST=1411491490][/DOUBLEPOST]

On that thoguht, we should have 2 kinds of lava : Overworld lava that works like it does now and hurty, ouch, ouch Nether lava that isn't useful for anything other than pain and death.

The biggest imbalancer in this whole equation is Nether lava.
I do tend to agree on the part about lava. It would be a little bit more immersive if lava was split between the two (or least nether split from normal laval). All to often the simplest form of power is lava gen and normally its come from nether pumping. It would be immersive if the nether lava was changed to something like "Magma". "magma" cannot be used like lava currently is. It could be like an impure form of lava (or too hot if thats the design). In order to use the magma, it would require a seperate process that "refines it". This refined magma could then be used in current engines with however a reduced efficiency. It could never match up to the real lava but an imperfect alternative. Examples and I'm just gonna use made up numbers for example purpose.

1 "Lava" Bucket
Magmatic Dynamo = Produces 800,000 RF at 80 rf/t (500 Seconds)
Geothermal Generator = Produces 1,000,000 EU at 20 eu/t
Smelts 100 items in furnace
Source Blocks become Obsidian when hit with water

1 "Refined Magma" Bucket =
Magmatic Dynamo = Produces 200,000 RF at 20 rf/t (500 Seconds)
Geothermal Generator = Produces 250,000 EU at 5 eu/t
Smelts 25 items in furnace
Source Blocks become Cracked Stone when hit with water

Plus you can make the refining process take time and is slow to nerf it further or make the refinery take power. It would nerf the aspect of just use the nether to power the entire base. While yes you can anyway, it would just take more materials.

Just idea for 2 cents anyway.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
I do tend to agree on the part about lava. It would be a little bit more immersive if lava was split between the two (or least nether split from normal laval). All to often the simplest form of power is lava gen and normally its come from nether pumping. It would be immersive if the nether lava was changed to something like "Magma". "magma" cannot be used like lava currently is. It could be like an impure form of lava (or too hot if thats the design). In order to use the magma, it would require a seperate process that "refines it". This refined magma could then be used in current engines with however a reduced efficiency. It could never match up to the real lava but an imperfect alternative. Examples and I'm just gonna use made up numbers for example purpose.

1 "Lava" Bucket
Magmatic Dynamo = Produces 800,000 RF at 80 rf/t (500 Seconds)
Geothermal Generator = Produces 1,000,000 EU at 20 eu/t
Smelts 100 items in furnace
Source Blocks become Obsidian when hit with water

1 "Refined Magma" Bucket =
Magmatic Dynamo = Produces 200,000 RF at 20 rf/t (500 Seconds)
Geothermal Generator = Produces 250,000 EU at 5 eu/t
Smelts 25 items in furnace

Plus you can make the refining process take time and is slow to nerf it further or make the refinery take power. It would nerf the aspect of just use the nether to power the entire base. While yes you can anyway, it would just take more materials.

Just idea for 2 cents anyway.

I'm guessing you have those flipped around. Because if you "refine" something it should have better qualities than it's initial start point.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
No, he had it right. Implicit in @dragonmaster0283 's statement:

"magma" cannot be used like lava currently is. It could be like an impure form of lava (or too hot if thats the design). In order to use the magma, it would require a seperate process that "refines it".

..is:

- "Magma" Bucket
Magmatic Dynamo = Produces 0 RF at 0 rf/t (0 Seconds)
Geothermal Generator = Produces 0 EU at 0 eu/t
Smelts 0 items in furnace

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing you have those flipped around. Because if you "refine" something it should have better qualities than it's initial start point.

It was more a refining of the "magma" Magma is worse then lava (cannot be used in engines, does not make obsidian when hit with water. Refining it basically made it go from 0% of the value of lava to 25% of the value of lava. Names are subjective of course.

Mainly was getting the point that the "lava" in the nether cannot be straight used and required a seperate process to make it usable but at a significantly reduced efficiency then the "lava" in the over world.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I kinda prefer if 'nether lava/magma' was a little hotter than the regular stuff.
(it does flow faster/further so we might be on to something here)

So if you replaced it with your own liquid, and it 'melted' various block that can interact with it (spawns a magma block where the pump was)
-then you have whitelisted machines/pipes that dont melt; requiring more advanced materials to exploit the magma effectively.

ChJees

Jul 29, 2019
Getting heavily distracted with the shitstorm of the century and there are so many documentaries on YouTube about gold and such o_O.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
It would be immersive if the nether lava was changed to something like "Magma". "magma" cannot be used like lava currently is. It could be like an impure form of lava (or too hot if thats the design). In order to use the magma, it would require a seperate process that "refines it". This refined magma could then be used in current engines with however a reduced efficiency. It could never match up to the real lava but an imperfect alternative.

An alternative would be to make a block that takes Magma in and processes it to cool it down. The materials you get out of it is Cobblestone and a bucket of lava. Make it a multi-block that determines how much you can process. And make the process time be determined by what you cool it with.
Example:
Air cooled takes 10 min to cycle
Water cooled takes 5 min go cycle
Chryothium ( spelling ) takes 1 min to cycle

You can also have it slowly eat the coolant causing the user to have to create more to keep the process going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
An alternative would be to make a block that takes Magma in and processes it to cool it down. The materials you get out of it is Cobblestone and a bucket of lava. Make it a multi-block that determines how much you can process. And make the process time be determined by what you cool it with.
Example:
Air cooled takes 10 min to cycle
Water cooled takes 5 min go cycle
Chryothium ( spelling ) takes 1 min to cycle

You can also have it slowly eat the coolant causing the user to have to create more to keep the process going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also have a Fan-Cooled option for RF and an config option to disable any type of cooling you want.

Reactions: SynfulChaot