[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
An update here, in ../crashlanding/minecraft/config/specialmobs.cfg I get wither skeletons in creative(via witch water) to drop wither skulls and nec. bones by changing "B:_allow_vanilla=false" under "skeleton_rates" to "B:_allow_vanilla=true"
If the configs are set up to stop the player getting necrotic bones and therefore the only cannisters are from loot, then I will live with that. Does anyone know if this is a deliberate design decision?

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
I would think it's behind PneuCraft because you unfortunately crashlanded on a barren planet with limited resource thus you are not able to access the more advanced forms aka convenient and more conventional methods of modernization. You're stuff with the old fashion stuck which tends to be tedious, primitive, and oh, so Bah, Humbug.:D
Personally, I could understand this at the start, but after a while, I think it should open up more tech beyond PneuCr. That is, supply recipes using other mods(TE) to create those all important PCR-X00 items

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Well, high end? So tech, I suppose, probably so maybe it could correlate with TE and MFR since they are taking about 80% of spotlight.
Doesn't really answer my question. What are you looking to do? As MFR and TE cover most of the Industrialization sort of stuff.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I could understand this at the start, but after a while, I think it should open up more tech beyond PneuCr. That is, supply recipes using other mods(TE) to create those all important PCR-100 items
The PCRs not that bad once you get the assembly line set up though? And there were several post on how to automate the seed side too if that's what's getting to you.

ddejong

Jul 29, 2019
Did anyone managed to conquer the blazing pyrotheum from destroyed reactors in other cites? I thought it shouldn't be that bad but there's no real pump in the mod...

Make some fire resistance potions before going after the reactors. Enjoy a nice refreshing purifying bath in the pyrotheum as you bucket it into portable tanks, after having laughed at the blazes trying to tickle you to death.[/quote]

Last edited:

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
The PCRs not that bad once you get the assembly line set up though? And there were several post on how to automate the seed side too if that's what's getting to you.
It was an example of how I'd like to see the techtree expanded. Not really a rule :)

ScottieC

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I had encountered the "bug" people were previously complaining about on a new map of mine where mobs would spawn inside your ship even though it was lit and your player was in it. Had a terrifying night with 3 close calls due to creepers after I had expanded inside the ship a bit.

But in the morning I found I had made a 1x1 hole in my roof and they were just dropping in.:p:oops:

namae

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't really answer my question. What are you looking to do? As MFR and TE cover most of the Industrialization sort of stuff.
Is there really that many high end tech mods which would easily fit into CL dust world? I'd probably like to get rid of big reactors for some more interesting energy production though. Also galacticcraft maybe? And Modular powersuits if its possible to not die of dehydration without wearing camelpack 24/7.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Is there really that many high end tech mods which would easily fit into CL dust world? I'd probably like to get rid of big reactors for some more interesting energy production though. Also galacticcraft maybe? And Modular powersuits if its possible to not die of dehydration without wearing camelpack 24/7.
I'm not sure I'd call pneumaticraft low tech...... look at the drones, helmet, security, etc. ect. If it's being suggested that pneumatics in general are obsolete...... well industry tends to refute that. There are important reasons to use all three of the main industrial power sources.....
Obviously a pneumatic only system would be rather clunky and obsolete in most enviroments, but I suspect most would agree from looking at the models/recipes that there are considerable amounts of electronics within pnuematicraft devices.

Andrew Gardener

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing this mod pack a lot lately and very recently my computer crashed while I was playing it. When I restarted my computer and tried to start my game again I was immediately kicked from it. When I loaded everything up a second time the world had deleted itself from the Minecraft window, but I still have the save. If anyone can help me get my game restored I would be forever grateful. I just took over an entire city and destroyed all the spawners, I really don't want to have to start it again from scratch.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I have been arguing about Pneumaticraft (PC) since the beginning. I feel shoehorning everything with tech tree using the PRC's was devilish to a huge degree. The CTD's, finickiness of the mod itself. I had to believe at the beginning it was cause the mod was of a type that I don't use, thus, new, and really didn't feel like I would like it cause of that till I got to using it for a while. I used to think that way about AE for a while until I saw the light. But? That light still hasn't lit up for me. Do I like the idea of it? Yeah. Do I like the implementation of it? Nope.

Do I suffer under it because I love this pack? Hell yes. Have I stopped complaining? pretty much, since it's not going to change anything. Iskandar likes him some air pressure. He's probably got a compressed air waffle maker at home he's real fond of. :)

I don't see this changing anytime soon. All of you are better off adapting, look at the grind of PC as a stepping stone, to play with the cool toys you can make with them. See it like the spinach on your plate, knowing you had better eat it cause popeye does.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I have been arguing about Pneumaticraft (PC) since the beginning. I feel shoehorning everything with tech tree using the PRC's was devilish to a huge degree. The CTD's, finickiness of the mod itself. I had to believe at the beginning it was cause the mod was of a type that I don't use, thus, new, and really didn't feel like I would like it cause of that till I got to using it for a while. I used to think that way about AE for a while until I saw the light. But? That light still hasn't lit up for me. Do I like the idea of it? Yeah. Do I like the implementation of it? Nope.

Do I suffer under it because I love this pack? Hell yes. Have I stopped complaining? pretty much, since it's not going to change anything. Iskandar likes him some air pressure. He's probably got a compressed air waffle maker at home he's real fond of. :)

I don't see this changing anytime soon. All of you are better off adapting, look at the grind of PC as a stepping stone, to play with the cool toys you can make with them. See it like the spinach on your plate, knowing you had better eat it cause popeye does.
One of these days I need to build myself a negative pressure waffle maker...... I've often thought that pulling a vacuum on a heated chamber full of "souffled" batter could lead to some tasty results...... Should be able to get my sourdough waffles lighter while allowing me to omit the chemical leaven......

Not really a point of this forum though....... pardon me

*pulls out a sketch pad*

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
How long was ur farm running for? ;P

I have a DSU with 300k jungle wood in it. ;) I suppose I could turn it off but since it is on the very bottom layer of the base I never really notice it. Used the vines for all of my dirt needs and leaf blocks to build up 4 or 5 drums of reserve water then just left it running. Cows been producing sewage all this time, probably 20k fertilizer sitting there.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
If the configs are set up to stop the player getting necrotic bones and therefore the only cannisters are from loot, then I will live with that. Does anyone know if this is a deliberate design decision?

I doubt it was conscious, seeing as how it blocks wither skeleton skulls too.[DOUBLEPOST=1411103601][/DOUBLEPOST]

The assembly line isn't really that much easier, it is just a slightly different bit of automation to accomplish the same thing.

The UV box will do more than one board at a time if you figure out how to get them stacked. ;)

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone managed to get oats/seed? I have used 7 stacks of bonemeal and nothing. Well, A Crap ton of fruit trees, and berries, but no oats. I need them to get a horse spawn eggs, so I can make glue for magma cream. Unless there is another way to get slime balls I am totally missing.lol
I didn't see this specifically addressed, so I'll illuminate you. Use a mattock to hoe grass and you'll get random seeds. This is the only method to get the 'Oats' seed you require. Just be patient.

Similarly, only some of Pam's seeds can be obtained by hoeing grass. The Fruit trees and some other seeds can be obtained via bonemealing grass. There are some crossover seeds that can be obtained using both methods, but not many.
Ex: You can get Spiceleaf using both methods, but for me it's been easier to use bonemeal to get Spiceleaf plant to spawn [then craft one into a seed].
And for a handful of Pam's seeds, they'll drop from sieving dirt.
If you collect all the seeds needed for the Supreme Pizza and you use the bonemeal method first for Spiceleaf, you're guaranteed a wide selection seeds and fruit trees. That's how I got my oats seed.

Slime balls for magma cream are only available from slimes, the ghost spider rare drop?, or after you get cows [soy milk isn't compatible]. Your best/easiest bet would be to progress through PC quests and choose the Slime seed reward.

namae

Jul 29, 2019

Well thats feel pretty sad, since I already could write a few pages of complaining on PC. Honestly one of the most off-putting mods I've ever seen with no redeemable tools or functionalities, maybe besides helms which are not that useful in CL (not fond of drones either since I can't really find a decent job for those worth investing). Maybe I just should rewrite recipes for myself and grab something else though.

Teebor

Jul 29, 2019
Well thats feel pretty sad, since I already could write a few pages of complaining on PC. Honestly one of the most off-putting mods I've ever seen with no redeemable tools or functionalities, maybe besides helms which are not that useful in CL (not fond of drones either since I can't really find a decent job for those worth investing). Maybe I just should rewrite recipes for myself and grab something else though.

I have to disagree, the Pneumaticraft helmet in this pack actually cools you, so this is a bonus.

But the helmet really comes in to its own once you install upgrades.