Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
That is not a simple question, and does not have a simple answer. Shoo.
Aw c'mon, threads always getting derailed... My simple answer is we're screwed. So long chaps, it's been an honour serving with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I agree my pc cannot and probably never will run the newer versions of minecraft

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Whats your pc specs, and is your case sff? If you want you can probably grab a cheap GPU just to get you up and running on the newer opengl standards.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
So I've seen YouTube vids of people just deleting the old OpenGL on old computers and putting in either a custom file or a download from some who gave them OpenGL 2.1 files...... Would this work?

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Oh its a laptop... If your willing to use linux then opengl 2.1 is supported. Otherwise it only supports 1.5.

I'd say give the opengl 2.1 files a shot, linux supports it so its possible with your iGPU.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Oh its a laptop... If your willing to use linux then opengl 2.1 is supported. Otherwise it only supports 1.5.

I'd say give the opengl 2.1 files a shot, linux supports it so its possible with your iGPU.

Well I am running 2.0 right now using the Windows 7 drivers (windows 8 drivers have no OpenGL support at all for some reason) so I think I might be able to do it... Might. But I don't want to risk it and download files just willy nilly and f**k my comp up.... Anyone happen to have them handy?

As for linux, I'm a Windows user born and raised. I would try Linux but that would newness when I sold it to my sister when I get my pay for the season I would have to re-upload Windows to it.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
What's a spec?

djbzrzh.jpg

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
So I've seen YouTube vids of people just deleting the old OpenGL on old computers and putting in either a custom file or a download from some who gave them OpenGL 2.1 files...... Would this work?

I'm pretty sure you can't "install" OpenGL. it's a hardware driver thing, if your gpu doesn't support latest version all you can do is buy a new one, as the limitations are on the hardware itself

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure you can't "install" OpenGL. it's a hardware driver thing, if your gpu doesn't support latest version all you can do is buy a new one, as the limitations are on the hardware itself

I was thinking the same thing but it is supported under linux and its just an API like directX so his gpu does support it, its just a matter of if the API has changed enough that its not incompatible with his current drivers.

Also this is more ontopic to this thread but, does anything think that compared to a base TE machine a mekanism machine requires alot more power and takes a lot longer to complete an action?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Well I am running 2.0 right now using the Windows 7 drivers (windows 8 drivers have no OpenGL support at all for some reason) so I think I might be able to do it... Might. But I don't want to risk it and download files just willy nilly and f**k my comp up.... Anyone happen to have them handy?

As for linux, I'm a Windows user born and raised. I would try Linux but that would newness when I sold it to my sister when I get my pay for the season I would have to re-upload Windows to it.

You can dual boot the two.
I was thinking the same thing but it is supported under linux and its just an API like directX so his gpu does support it, its just a matter of if the API has changed enough that its not incompatible with his current drivers.

Also this is more ontopic to this thread but, does anything think that compared to a base TE machine a mekanism machine requires alot more power and takes a lot longer to complete an action?
Much yes.

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any point in starting off in AE without an engineering press? I've searched four comets and found the three other presses, but no engineering press. It'd be nice to start getting proper storage tonight, so....

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any point in starting off in AE without an engineering press? I've searched four comets and found the three other presses, but no engineering press. It'd be nice to start getting proper storage tonight, so....
IIRC an ME chest doesn't need an engineering processor

Is it coincidence or perceptual bias or are there really more witches spawning in FTB unstable than in vanilla 1.7? Is maybe Witchery doing this?