Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the popular tool for removing things that cause crashes? Is it still MCedit? Also any mod for singleplayer backups?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the popular tool for removing things that cause crashes? Is it still MCedit? Also any mod for singleplayer backups?

Try aroma backup. Works really great!......... As long as you configure it properly

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Few options.
With just forestry and extra bees: Get a syrum for faster production and inject that trait into your bees. Put those bees in an alveary (if you haven't). Use production increasing frames. If you haven't started messing with the genetic machines, be forewarned that some of 'em take a lot of power to run.

If you have gendustry: there's upgrades and stuff that will amplify really boost output.

BEES! :D

Reactions: Loxinnightwalker

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
Few options.
With just forestry and extra bees: Get a syrum for faster production and inject that trait into your bees. Put those bees in an alveary (if you haven't). Use production increasing frames. If you haven't started messing with the genetic machines, be forewarned that some of 'em take a lot of power to run.

If you have gendustry: there's upgrades and stuff that will amplify really boost output.

BEES! :D
I have never been deep enough into it before to really be messing with syrums... what do I need for that?

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the first PITA ingredient is royal jelly (bee product) to be able to make the empty serums.
Then you'll need a bunch of the genetic and advanced genetic machines. And you'll want a tank.
A whole butload of useless drones. And then blender those drones for liquid DNA.
You might want to look up what each individual machine does, and be forwarned, the isolator thingy will eat your bee(s) as well as pull out traits. So make sure you have extras.
Lots of patience as a lot of these machines aren't very fast.

Edit: And don't forget to make an appropriate lab for your (clearly) insane genetic experiments. You're playing god here, might as well have the furnishings that go with it.

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the first PITA ingredient is royal jelly (bee product) to be able to make the empty serums.
Then you'll need a bunch of the genetic and advanced genetic machines. And you'll want a tank.
A whole butload of useless drones. And then blender those drones for liquid DNA.
You might want to look up what each individual machine does, and be forwarned, the isolator thingy will eat your bee(s) as well as pull out traits. So make sure you have extras.
Lots of patience as a lot of these machines aren't very fast.
thanks for the help I'm at a point of end gameish stuff, and have a lot of bee breeding done, they are just far too slow for my liking.

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
I want my golem farm to be dynamic and I want it to basically check all of my barrels (attached with the AE storage thing) and if I am low on an ingredient to then put that ingredient in a chest for the golems to eventually get around to planting. Is there a semi easy way of accomplishing this without using a thousand channels ( on 1.7.10)

Tired from working night shift, but I have a rough system that will do what you want. Just ask if you have anymore questions about it.

http://imgur.com/a/ia1q1

Edit: I built this using the unstable pack. So I'm hoping you have mods from that pack. Only used project red, Jamba and pams so you should be safe.

Reactions: loboca

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
How do I make a bee's work speed faster? o.o
The simplest way is to put frames in your apiaries. With three vanilla Forestry frames, your bees will work at about 70% (if I remember correctly) of the "maximum" speed attainable without ExtraBees or Gendustry. What type of frame you use doesn't matter until you start getting into those added by ExtraBees and Magic Bees. Untreated, Impregnated, and Proven frames all do exactly the same thing for your bees, except the Impregnated frames (which require seed oil and a great deal of wood) last longer than the inexpensive Untreated frames, and the Proven ones, which are only attainable from villagers, last longer still.

If 70% "maximum" speed isn't enough, and you have a great deal of wax, honey, pollen, and royal jelly to spare (requiring Industrious and Imperial bees), you can construct an Alveary, and put your bees in there. It will make your bees work faster than if they were in an apiary with three frames. However, if that's still not fast enough, you can replace some of the blocks with Frame Housings from ExtraBees and put frames in them. If you use too many frames, you'll run the risk of your bees turning Ignoble, but I don't recall how many that is.

If, however, you bees still aren't working fast enough for you liking, you'll have to resort to getting the "Fast Worker" trait (or Faster or Fastest, but those are harder to come by) into them. You can either use the vanilla Forestry method of breeding your bee with a fast-working Cultivated bee, then breeding the resulting hybrid princess with one of the drones, then breeding the next princess with a drone that is a Fast Worker and the species you want (if you even get one), and repeating until you get a princess and a drone that are both fast workers of the correct species (at which point you can let any sort of automation stabilize the remaining traits), or you can use ExtraBees to make exactly the change you want to the bee's genome. Or, Gendustry might have some way of doing it even faster, but I'm not familiar with that mod.

You'll need to throw a bunch or random useless drones (and/or useless Ignoble princesses- note that analyzed bees are worth more, but require honey) into a Genepool to get liquid DNA. Then, throw a bunch of Cultivated drones into an Isolator along with some empty serum vials (which require royal jelly, but can also be obtained by smelting vials filled with useless or duplicate serums) until you get a vial with the Fast Worker serum. Drop that vial into a machine whose name I have forgotten along with some liquid DNA and quite a lot of power to fill it, then into a Purifier along with more liquid DNA to boost its quality. (Warning: NEVER use a serum that's not the maximum quality on your bees. Poor (or average, or good, or almost excellent) quality serums have a chance of turning your bees Ignoble, so your queen will eventually die completely, without producing a new princess. Run your purifier until it stops running, and isn't out of power or DNA.) Finally, put your filled and purified Fast Worker serum vial into an Inoculator along with the bees you want to inoculate, and let it run. Each bee will use at least two charges on the serum to change the active and inactive alleles, and you'll need to inoculate both your princess and a drone to avoid losing the trait and having to re-inoculate the bees.

And if that's not fast enough, you can always install GeoStrata and slap down a TileEntity Accelerator next to your apiary. Not sure how well those work with alvearies, though. Not that it really matters, if you can make the apiary run 256 times faster than normal.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
(assuming AE1) Basics, no. Precisions will if set to pull stacks (but the filter can be empty).
I meant to write precision, thanks. I wasn't sure if they'd pull stacks without a filter set. Really helps the QuarryPlus.

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Tired from working night shift, but I have a rough system that will do what you want. Just ask if you have anymore questions about it.

http://imgur.com/a/ia1q1

Edit: I built this using the unstable pack. So I'm hoping you have mods from that pack. Only used project red, Jamba and pams so you should be safe.

That looks amazing, Pro-tip, pams harvestcraft, you don't need to make it into seeds. I'm using unstable aswell as a couple of other mods thrown in. Do you need the redstone upgrade for barrels to emit a redstone signal when full? Will they still emit a redstone signal when full if you put the void upgrade on it?

This might give me a reason to use steves factory manager, thanks for the inspiration, if I remember I'll come back and tell you how it went.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
So just hypothetically, how laggy would it be if I wanted to say have a "use" golem plant a 40x40 area? (The use core is the one that requires you to specify which tile you want said item to be used on with the golemancers bell)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think that would affect performance, although if you have a weak graphics card your FPS may temporarily suffer while you have the bell equipped due to having to render 1600 connection streams ;)