[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there, I think I am using regular cobble :)

Make sure its regular cobble, one from iether using the lava + water to mine it with a pick or using the sieve stones. Other then that i dunno, as long as the node is facing the cobble (the square should be touching it) and there is not space in between the both (never tried to have it 1 block away from it though). you cant go wrong id say.

Maybe add a pipe to the item node before the barrel? Just made one last night and it works fine.

You can connect it directly to the barrel, no additional pipes needed.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I have not used it myself, but I have watched a video on it.

That's pretty awesome. Good way to cover over an area to dig underneath it and keep mobs from disturbing you. hehe pretty neat. *thinks of evil ways to use this* Ok, I can think of one. New buildings, just fill with cement and let harden and pick away safe from mobs in newly setup buried cities :) hehe

Reactions: ScottieC

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
That's pretty awesome. Good way to cover over an area to dig underneath it and keep mobs from disturbing you. hehe pretty neat. *thinks of evil ways to use this* Ok, I can think of one. New buildings, just fill with cement and let harden and pick away safe from mobs in newly setup buried cities :) hehe
The cities are buried? BURY THEM HARDER! Probably a good idea to have a pneumatic helmet with a block tracker to find the spawners through the concrete. BTW, I know there's supposed to be a filter on blocks, but I can't find it in the helmet menu. Do I need another upgrade?

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
You can connect it directly to the barrel, no additional pipes needed.

I know. He was saying that in his case that wasn't working so maybe adding a pipe? No idea. I add one in because I don't like getting close to the heat and have the barrel out of heat range.

KRWren

Jul 29, 2019
I've just tried downloading the server for 1.1.2.1 and it just sends me to a creeperrepo.net page. It looks like the file is missing on the server for that file. I can get 1.1.2.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
I've just tried downloading the server for 1.1.2.1 and it just sends me to a creeperrepo.net page. It looks like the file is missing on the server for that file. I can get 1.1.2.

Got the files only yesterday to update the server version on 1.1.2.1.
Working on it as of now .. should be done by tonight or tomorrow.

Pack Support at FTB will have to update server download after that.
^ He's working on it.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Now THAT'S what I call item render distance!
fdFUqdY.png

fLRohqD.png
For reference, vanilla render distance is 16 blocks (1/4 what I'm getting now).

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
Bleh .... a well back to base a get some diamond sieving tech going on then i quess ..... thanks for the extra info on that.

Wonder why they were not agressive the previous time i visited the town, this kinda ruined my Sync and my plans not to gamemode at all :(

Had to use NBT tricks to get myself out of that pinch (aka remove hardcore mode for a minute to respawn), dint feel like loosing 2 RL days of work over it.
So much from not wanting to gamemode or cheat in any other way :(

Maybe its an idea to include something like aroma backup, i don't mind a challenge, but i can see how loosing 2/3 days work over something that i just had happen can be a bit to harsh. And doing manual backups for each challenge you want to take on is a bit annoying (although for now ill just resort into that).

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Had to use NBT tricks to get myself out of that pinch (aka remove hardcore mode for a minute to respawn), dint feel like loosing 2 RL days of work over it.
So much from not wanting to gamemode or cheat in any other way :(

Maybe its an idea to include something like aroma backup, i don't mind a challenge, but i can see how loosing 2/3 days work over something that i just had happen can be a bit to harsh. And doing manual backups for each challenge you want to take on is a bit annoying (although for now ill just resort into that).
I think this is a pack that you'll have to stray outside the normal 'leave as is' packs and add things to suit tastes. Even if they fix the spawnpoint location to actually be the ship, thus the sync shell would work correctly then, adding a chunk loader seems to be far off of Iskandar's list or 'not want at all'. I can safely assume aromabackup will be the same. Thus, if you want both, you need to add both, and I don't see that changing.

Btw, if they weren't aggressive, then something was wrong cause they will always be aggressive if ZA is enabled. Earlier versions of pack had ZA disabled by default, but iirc, since the cities were brought in, ZA has been enabled by default. Dying by pig zombie is a right of passage, and tbh, doesn't necessitate NBT hacks or cheating. It's a learning process, to be accepted. Getting a sync shell using easy path should be done if you are new to the pack. Thus, bypassing this issue. Search the forums for info on powering it via survival gens, etc...

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yeah, this will do nicely. Shane? I think I found a way around your buried cities :) a source block, left up and somewhat unexposed will last quite a long time as you pick away at area below, finding spawners, etc.. make a drum full of it and you have the makings of buried exploit in a can. :)

2014-09-10_15.11.32.png

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
Server Version for 1.1.2.1 Updated. Should be in the FTB launcher soon enough. Wink at pack managers :p

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
This is my base so far... i was going to make a sorting system with barrels.. but change my mind... going straight to ME System...

Overall view of the base

Pneumatic system

To Automatic Air Pressure

Sieving System (gravel, sand, dust, soulsand)

Power everything with

Reactor with yellorium and cryotheum

Mobs farm... isn't working great... (haven't change the conf file, not sure if i will... want to see if is a mistake or intended)

I use EnderIO with the config file of Landstrider (https://www.youtube.com/user/ProLandstryder/videos)

i watch his series i get many ideas from him

Richard Xu

Jul 29, 2019
My mattock is not working as soon as I updated it to 1.1.2.1 Can someone help?[DOUBLEPOST=1410389473][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, why isn't mobs spawning in my farm? Is it like some mods change it so mobs need freedom to spawn?

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
Is there somewhere that shows all barell recipys

If you mean Ex Nihlo barrels then yes, his mod post + wiki show all you need to know about them.

Forum post.
Wiki.

If you mean Jabba barrels, just search for "Jabba" in NEI.

Btw, if they weren't aggressive, then something was wrong cause they will always be aggressive if ZA is enabled. Earlier versions of pack had ZA disabled by default, but iirc, since the cities were brought in, ZA has been enabled by default. Dying by pig zombie is a right of passage, and tbh, doesn't necessitate NBT hacks or cheating. It's a learning process, to be accepted. Getting a sync shell using easy path should be done if you are new to the pack. Thus, bypassing this issue. Search the forums for info on powering it via survival gens, etc...

They must have glitched out when i was messing about with SM and ZA settings before then, cause i had 0 issues on my previous visits.

Aside from that if i knew they should have been aggressive i would not have gone there under-geared, but if you consider there not it would be doable under-geared. I lost my sync and posted help after i did, upon getting my stuff back using gamemode as it glitched out the elevator and i had nothing in terms of backup stuff i dint feel like loosing 2 days work (and i mean close to 48h RL time not in-game time) over something that silly felt a bit stupid. How ever i thought i would make it out in survival to minmize the gamemodeing etc, and got killed without having a new clone ready, thus i had to NBT out the hardcore mode from the quick backup i took there and then as i kept getting killed before loading in and thus was forced to deleted what i was trying to save. But i agree if i would have ventured in there with less crap build up in my base (well less Terra-formed actually, am working on making the shuttle save at night still) i would have just accepted the delete and started over, but loosing 48h of button mashing over something like that no thanks really.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Is there somewhere that shows all barell recipys
Don't they show up in NEI when you look there?[DOUBLEPOST=1410390117][/DOUBLEPOST]
My mattock is not working as soon as I updated it to 1.1.2.1 Can someone help?[DOUBLEPOST=1410389473][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, why isn't mobs spawning in my farm? Is it like some mods change it so mobs need freedom to spawn?

How is your mattock not working? As in it won't till the dirt now? Maybe the water is too far away.

What does your farm look like? A bit more detail might help too.

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
After updating to 1.1.2.1 my world is no longer Hardcore mode but Easy mode, also HQM claims I have no Lives left even though I do have 2 spare Shells, tested - in case of death my world gets deleted :c

Help? q.q