1.8 MC on the near horizon?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

atomicgermx69

Jul 29, 2019
I think for I am ...I am for I to overthink .....as I play 1.8 Minecraft and pray and hope the new coming FTB 1.7.10 packs don't give a FPS drop sink....that would really make me want to under think and bring me back to 1.6.4 in a blink..:):po_O

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to get a 1.7.x Pack. While was and is a good time with 1.6.x i want to get rid of the id config work. I maintain only a small server for some friends in my spare time. So i don't like the config id dance. Every mod update i installed i had to check if new blocks were added, assign ids,....so beside big bugs in the mods i updated very rarely and hesitated a lot to install a new mod.
This is something the normal player doesn't notice, but for me it is a big thing with 1.7.

Reactions: Strikingwolf

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I'd like to get a 1.7.x Pack. While was and is a good time with 1.6.x i want to get rid of the id config work. I maintain only a small server for some friends in my spare time. So i don't like the config id dance. Every mod update i installed i had to check if new blocks were added, assign ids,....so beside big bugs in the mods i updated very rarely and hesitated a lot to install a new mod.
This is something the normal player doesn't notice, but for me it is a big thing with 1.7.

While 1.7 will help with item IDs, the configs are a totally different story. If there are conflicts now with configuration clashing issues, there will be conflicts later on. Mod makers (at least a lot of them) don't focus on how their mods will interact with other mods (unless they are making an addon mod LOL) so there may be conflicts.

Mod makers should (at least I think most of them do) offer the config files as well as the jar file.

The config dance is part of running a server :) It's just the way it goes at this time.