[1.7.10] Phoenix Craft! v2.0.07 [Skylands] [Tech/Magic]

Any suggestions?

• Better maintenance. (Bugs, crashes, etc)

Votes: 37 35.9%
  • More minetweaking. (Recipe adding, etc)

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • Quicker updates.

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • Better lore.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • No, the pack is good the way is for now.

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Greetings, everyone! I'm ThomazM, the proud founder of the awesome group of people we like to call the "PhoenixTeam".
You might know us for some of our project, such as PhoenixConfigs, or some related ones, such as the incredible Jam-Packed entry, Running Red, by @Gideonseymour, one of our most impressive members.
Today, I'm here to introduce you all to another PhoenixTeam project, our main pack, what we've been working on for the last weeks! And that is: PhoenixCraft!

WZ0AdhG.png

This modpack's main goal is to be different. Unique, in it's own way.
We decided to center this modpack around the skylands generation BWG provides. We exploited the feeling of isolation Minecraft already has, and mixed it up a bit with the terrain around you. Now, you're not only going to experience the danger a Minecraft world can provide, but the always tense atmosphere of knowing that the void is always right underneath your feet.
Ressurect this fallen world from it's remaining ashes.
Prepare yourself, to turn the world, into your own phoenix.

This modpack also has heavy usage of Minetweaker scripts, provided by PhoenixConfigs.
KV1uox2.png

Applied Energistics 2 (RV.1)
Antique Atlas
Big Reactors
Better Storage
Blood Magic
Blood Magic
Botania
Big Reactors
BuildCraft
Carpenter's Blocks
Chisel
CodeChickenCore
CofH Core
CofH Lib
Computercraft
Ender IO
Ender Storage
EnderTech
Extra Carts
Extra Utilities
Professor Flaxbeard's Wondrous Steam Power Mod
FLORA
Forestry
Extra Bees
Magic Bees
Hardcore Ender Expansion
Inventory Tweaks
KingCore
Mekanism
MineTweaker
ModTweaker
NEI
Nether Ores
OpenBlocks
Project Red
RailCraft
Redstone Arsenal
RotaryCraft ~ Will be added when stable.
ReactorCraft~ Will be added when stable.
Electricraft~ Will be added when stable.
Santa's Toys
Santa's Decor
Steve's Carts 2
Thaumcraft 4
Tinker's Construct
Tinker's Construct Tooltips
Tinker's Steelworks
Thermal Expansion 4
Thermal Foundation
Twilight Forest
Witchery
ShnWTT8.png

=========================
-----------------------------

Created Thaumcraft recipes (And created PhoenixCraft tab in thaumonomicon, go check it out!)
Added sugar cane recipe
Updated FSP, fixes issue #6
Updated NEI, fixes issue #4
A few tweaks to increase performance
Turned on Tinkers compatability with TC
OpenBlocks elevator no longer drains XP
Turned off Botania Updatechecker
Decreased LogPipes power usage to encourage it over AE2
Updated BC
Updated CCC
Updated LogPipes

Fixed Crash on world creation
Updated Big Reactors
Updated Botania
Updated Applied Energistics 2
Updated Better Storage
Updated ExtraUtilities
Updated Professor Flaxbeard's Wondrous Steam Power Mod
Updated Mekanism
Updated Mekanism-Generators
Updated Mekanism-Tools
Updated Tinker's Steelworks

Initial Release!
4amXQCR.png

None just yet!
If you want to make a video of the pack, feel free to!
Post it in this thread and we will add it here right away!
fjWFBwZ.png

None just yet!
If you want to make a PhoenixCraft server, feel free to!
Post the IP, together with the information of the server, and we will add it here right away!
tH1hYOv.png

This modpack is already on the Feed The Beast launcher!
Go to the 3rd Party Packs, look for the "Pack Codes" button.
Use the code: "phoenixcraft", and that's it!
Have fun!
wQz1rIw.png

Click in "Create New World".
Hit "More World options".
Hit "World Type" until you get BWG4.
(See image below!)
BkfMs4q.png
Hit the button under "Category" until you have the category "Fun" selected.
(See image below!)
img
Hit "Done"!

That's it!
Now you are ready to create the world!
Any doubts, please post them below!

Please report any bugs HERE!

Project Lead: @ThomazM
Main Pack Dev: @Elec332
Graphical Designer: @ThomazM
Special Thanks: @Gideonseymour, @Strikingwolf, @Qazplm601, @SatanicSanta, @Padfoote, @trajing, @the_j485, @SkeletonPunk, @Kill-Joy, @Lumaceon and @Not_Steve.
Not all of them had the opportunity to help, but I feel like I really need to thank every single one of them for being awesome people in general. Thank you guys, keep up being awesome! :p
Also, I really need to thank @Elec332, he has done amazing work in maintaining the pack, getting it up-to-date, and fixing crashes. Thank you so much, Elec! You're awesome!

Remember to leave suggestions! We entirely appreciate all feedback.
Thank you all for reading, and have fun!​

Last edited:

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
\o/
My TODO:
-Sugarcane recipe
-Silverwood/Greatwood sapling recipe
-Lore & Shit like that

Spasticon

Jul 29, 2019
There is no server download.

I'm struggling to get it working by scrounging jar and library files. Any advice?

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
There is no server download.

I'm struggling to get it working by scrounging jar and library files. Any advice?
We will include a server download in the next update
Grab the MinecraftForgeInstaller for Forge 1208, click "install server" And copy the Phoenixcraft mods folder, config folder and scripts folder over

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
Im uploading a PhoenixCraft server now, ill post the link as soon as its done.

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
Whe pressing "t" you get a button on the right top, click it till you see #PhoenixCraftModpack

Negation99

Jul 29, 2019
Couple initial impressions:

1) There does not seem to be any Botania or any other type of plants/trees or biomes generating except for vanilla ones. When you use the BWG4 Skylands generation it seems to be only vanilla generation. Yet the pack has Botania in it?

2) Quite laggy I run a fairly higher end computer and have little problem playing most modpacks in terms of lag or render lag. Yet i'm freezing up every so often in this even with bare minimum settings and render distance put to minimum it still freezes. I think its the skylands setting, playing this pack on a normal world seems to be much better.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com

1) There does not seem to be any Botania or any other type of plants/trees or biomes generating except for vanilla ones. When you use the BWG4 Skylands generation it seems to be only vanilla generation. Yet the pack has Botania in it?

2) Quite laggy I run a fairly higher end computer and have little problem playing most modpacks in terms of lag or render lag. Yet i'm freezing up every so often in this even with bare minimum settings and render distance put to minimum it still freezes. I think its the skylands setting, playing this pack on a normal world seems to be much better.
1. You need to create a Jaded Amaranthus and Endoflame in a Blood Altar (You can look up the recipes) to make the Botania Flowers.
2. I recommend installing FastCraft by player.

Reactions: Padfoote

Negation99

Jul 29, 2019
1. You need to create a Jaded Amaranthus and Endoflame in a Blood Altar (You can look up the recipes) to make the Botania Flowers.
2. I recommend installing FastCraft by player.

I tried to install FastCraft but it crashes the launching of this pack and I dont really want to create a new profile on the industrial craft forums to post the crash reports.

As for the Botania Flowers recipe maybe that should be told to the player in a basic notebook or something on world creation.

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
As for the Botania Flowers recipe maybe that should be told to the player in a basic notebook or something on world creation.
We are working on that.[DOUBLEPOST=1409663694][/DOUBLEPOST]
I tried to install FastCraft but it crashes the launching of this pack and I dont really want to create a new profile on the industrial craft forums to post the crash reports.
Please post your crash HERE

EDIT: Make sure you are using Fastcraft 1.6, Fastcraft 1.7 is buggy and unstable

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Are the quests still in developments?

The mod list includes HQM, but it doesnt come with the pack...

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019

Seems kinda of a common problem with 1.7.10 packs. Somewhere, something is breaking the game but no one discovered the source yet. It's specially worst when you start generating new sections of the world

The modlist doesnt include HQM. (and Im not planning on adding it at the moment)
My mistake, was reading two threads at the same time and ended up mixing them....

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
Seems kinda of a common problem with 1.7.10 packs. Somewhere, something is breaking the game but no one discovered the source yet. It's specially worst when you start generating new sections of the world
MC1.7 has terrible performance, installing Fastcraft 1.6 should significantly increase performance

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
It's a Forge issue that is greatly increased by world-gen adding mods. FastCraft should fix it, and so should adding
-Dforge.forceNoStencil=true to your JVM arguments. I believe there is also a config option in the Forge.cfg file, but I haven't tested that.