Is Rotarycraft stupidly difficult or am I the stupid one?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I'm just spoiled by other mods. But pump price per block and woodcutter that cuts on one spot and does not even replant sapling reliably seems too gregtechy.

Yes, I figured it out, but it ruins all suspension of disbelief. And makes many interesting builds impossible. For example, having alternative redstone-switchable routes by means of shaft junction and clutches.

Um. Are you saying that there are not redstone-switchable routes? Because I'm pretty sure the multi-directional clutch does exactly that. Also bevel gears.[DOUBLEPOST=1409331457][/DOUBLEPOST]
Woodcutter cuts trees in a larger area if you provide more torque/speed/power to it.
Enchanting it with infinity makes it replant saplings.
*replant every time*. It usually replants, as long as at least one sapling dropped.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Woodcutter cuts trees in a larger area if you provide more torque/speed/power to it.

Indeed ! The not-so-subtle hint in RotaryCraft that you need (really, really, really should) build a vanilla spawner is the Blast Furnace to make HSLA steel.

Once you have said vanilla spawner, you need (really, really, really should) to build a vanilla enchanting table and start using your levels to make books. Save those books for later for things like Infinity, Silk Touch, etc.,.

If you have other mods installed, it will be easier, but RotaryCraft works just fine without other mods.

Reactions: Tylor

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I thought Infinity on it not consume saplings to plant them? I guess that'd insanely OP since it seems to work just fine on a great many trees from a great many mods.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I just thought I'd point out that this is true except when those other mods add enchantments, which decrease the chance of you getting the one(s) you want.
And yet many mods allow you to outright chose your enchantment, via various methods, making it easier too.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
Um. Are you saying that there are not redstone-switchable routes? Because I'm pretty sure the multi-directional clutch does exactly that.

Maybe what is being asked for, and I haven't figured out a way to do this myself (or I forgot how I did it), is to have a set up where the input to a multi-directional clutch goes left or right, based on redstone, with the left side geared one way and the right side geared another and those two trains are recombined into one output.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
76559.jpg

The Dude !!

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I have never been able to take out a ghast without being able to fly, and even then, I usually lose the tear. The only way I have ever gotten ghast tears except for a rare lucky find is with a safari net and an MFR spawner.
Return to sender. :p
I am by no means good at "gaming", but even I can pull that off with greater than 50% success rate.

I thought Infinity on it not consume saplings to plant them? I guess that'd insanely OP since it seems to work just fine on a great many trees from a great many mods.
That is exactly what it does.

Reactions: Padfoote

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Maybe what is being asked for, and I haven't figured out a way to do this myself (or I forgot how I did it), is to have a set up where the input to a multi-directional clutch goes left or right, based on redstone, with the left side geared one way and the right side geared another and those two trains are recombined into one output.

Um, if you try merging power at different speeds (like what you get if you have two different gearing ratios coming off the same input power), you don't get a positive result.

If you want to change gearing ratio based on a redstone signal it's simpler to just use a CVT.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Just about everyone.
No, Reika, I got rude only after you telling me what should I say and what I shouldn't while ignoring every single argument. Well, ther was another guy, but I apologized for that.
Actually it's you who likes to be a "smartass" and call others stupid or idiots.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
Um, if you try merging power at different speeds (like what you get if you have two different gearing ratios coming off the same input power), you don't get a positive result.

If you want to change gearing ratio based on a redstone signal it's simpler to just use a CVT.

Right. But the CVT requires bedrock and belts.

Basically it seems like a multidirectional clutch that has two inputs and one output is what would be called for.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Probability of Infinity on book is 1% on level 22. That's what I call gregtechy. But it indeed nearly always replant even without it. It leaves some blocks hanging sometimes, though, if tree grows big. I'll have to test it more.

Item Pump is indeed not that expensive - jusst noticed that recipe gives 16x :)

OK, so, which mods are recommended to go with RoC that do not break the balance? TiCo, may be?

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
How would that differ from a shaft junction?

Both inputs to a shaft junction in merge mode have to be at the same speed. A multidirectional clutch with two inputs would only transmit one of its inputs depending on a redstone signal, just like the current multidirectional clutch transmits its input to an output depending on redstone.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Have you tried using a bow. I shot down and acquired a small handful of tears just last night.
You know, some people are just abysmal at ranged combat in this game. I'm not usually that clumsy in other games, but I can barely hit my own house with a bow.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
You mean you want to run, say, an extractor off of one engine chain via a multi-directional clutch to shift the gear ratio? Because I'm fairly certain it's a very common use for it, and you described it to a Tee.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
No, Reika, I got rude only after you telling me what should I say and what I shouldn't while ignoring every single argument. Well, ther was another guy, but I apologized for that.
Actually it's you who likes to be a "smartass" and call others stupid or idiots.
320px-New_Fluttershy_1_S2E19.png

Nopony pushes new Fluttershy around!
Sorry could not resist

Reactions: Azzanine