[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
If it would be posible could you add a quest for composting dirt because I very commonly forget about recipes that are usually useless in normal minecraft and I'd completely forgoten about that for the first like 10 times I'd played

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
The stuffing issues created by itemducts drive me nuts, oh how I miss the days of logistic pipes...I know most people hated them because they were complex and supposedly caused too much lag, but I allocate 10G ram to FTB and lag is never an issue. The complexity and flexibility of the mod combined with the programmability is what attracted me to it. Now I just intend to learn and use SFM and try to avoid itemducts as much as possible.

UberZogster

Jul 29, 2019
I was able to use the inventory to chest before. How are you getting 102? 4x9 itemslots (including 1 row for quick). that's 36. 37-40 are armor slots are they not?

I was looking up what the slot id is for minecraft as I couldn't find what VSWE used. Minecraft has armor as 101-104. 38 is correct for SFM... thanks!

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
The stuffing issues created by itemducts drive me nuts, oh how I miss the days of logistic pipes...I know most people hated them because they were complex and supposedly caused too much lag, but I allocate 10G ram to FTB and lag is never an issue. The complexity and flexibility of the mod combined with the programmability is what attracted me to it. Now I just intend to learn and use SFM and try to avoid itemducts as much as possible.
I miss redpower tubes ... those were idiot proof, almost.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
logistic pipes are awesome. You just don't have enough inventory slots to hold all the things you'd require to maintain them :) all those cards, and such. It took me quite a long time to learn (what I think is) around 50% of what it can actually do. It's awesome. Something that handled supplier and provider functionality is really all people usually are trying to accomplish. That's why I really like translocators but almost nobody adds that to pack. It was the first mod I really got into and started using everywhere. AE should have this functionality sans secondary network out of box, but alas no more AE cept ae2.

It saddens me greatly that alot of devs jumped the 1.64 ship and moving on to 1.7/1.8 tho I understand fully why that is the case. I think it will be quite some time till 1.7 / 1.8 becomes the normal version people play and in that time, we're going to have a large amount of buggy mods to work around and figure out in the meantime.

I think that if zombies like to pick up crap off the floor and bring it to you, there should be a way to put them to work and be your inventory system. Logistic zombies. They wil say what item they are carrying back and forth. Iron Inggoooottttts... Iron Orrrrrre. Train baby zombies for faster network. don't know what will happen if they pick up a thaumcraft zombie brain. infinite loop?[DOUBLEPOST=1409110184][/DOUBLEPOST]
Iv never had any issues with itemducts and I use them all the time.....maby it's because I only use opaque ones?
ha! that was me 2 months ago. No problem? No. You just don't see the problem, that's all.

Reactions: Shane2482

ScottieC

Jul 29, 2019
There is already a lot of beginner quests.. but yeah of you haven't played AgS then composting for dirt is unknown..
I just had fun with a tuberous jetpack and my hang-glider hehe.... I didn't know what I expected... hop hop hop... ;)

Reactions: moded guy 123

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
There is already a lot of beginner quests.. but yeah of you haven't played AgS then composting for dirt is unknown..
I just had fun with a tuberous jetpack and my hang-glider hehe.... I didn't know what I expected... hop hop hop... ;)
I have played agrarian skies a bit but it's just Ben so long I just completely forgot the dirt composting even existed that's why I want the dirt composting quest

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I was looking up what the slot id is for minecraft as I couldn't find what VSWE used. Minecraft has armor as 101-104. 38 is correct for SFM... thanks!
I just mathed it, which in my case usually leads to nowhere.
Speaking of vswe, he did one video for SFM and man that guy is seriously in need of more ego. He made this one thing and said it was a silly example of what you can do with sfm but it was AWESOME. he made this sine wave thingy that dropped sand in a sine wave essentially. I was blown away and watched that segment multiple times. thought it was so awesome. Large and extravagent wins votes and eyes. Simple and elegant wins hearts and minds. SFM is simple and elegant with tinges of large and extravagent where needed. It's just so damn cool. When the nerf hammer comes down and the thing requires power, etc... it's going to be so hard to love it so much :)[DOUBLEPOST=1409110653][/DOUBLEPOST]
throw the tuberous jetpack to a zombie and watch the show.

Reactions: moded guy 123

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Unless I'm totally blanking here I don't think iv ever heard of sfm...spotlight link???
I still haven't heard of it so TO THE INTERNET[DOUBLEPOST=1409111353][/DOUBLEPOST]I just saw the Web page for it and it looks kinda like a better version of logistics pipes
Vswe has 22 videos on SFM starting from when he first released and going through all the changes sence
https://www.youtube.com/user/VsweGoesMinecraft/playlists

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
SFM is awesome, only wish there was a way to import/export programs to/from managers and save programs externally like computercraft. Maybe someday.
THIS!!!!!!! I wish I could like a post 100 times. That is the singular ONLY irritating thing about SFM. I don't have a single issue with SFM except for this one very thing. Making a beautiful (ok, ugly, but code wise, beautiful) setup for the sieving and gravel/sand/dust stuff is painstakingly hard. I don't fall asleep like I do doing it for the cyclics but yeah, time consuming. Doing it three times exactly the same way? Yeah, there's a version of hell in dante's inferno that references this :) Being able to save via clipboard or file or internet or whatever would be awesome. I know there'd be broken connections, etc. Use variables solely, and then just redo the variables. Being able to add more variables is a minor nuisance but not really. It's a barrier I know is there, and I code the thing to try avoid that very problem, but yeah, sfm is awesome. I want a bumper sticker that says My SFM does everything, what does yours do? :)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
dante's inferno :)
You know I wouldn't expect to see the Divine Comedy mentioned again quit so rapidly on such a light weight forum....... I brought is up myself earlier this evening. Course, I heavily derailed the topic in the process....... but I tend to do that.

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
UHHH WTF. I was on day 20 ish. It was the middle of the day and I was checking out my pit (filled with creepers and baby zombies), when a creeper was like 'yea I guess I've had enough of life...bye!'. The chain reaction of over 20 creepers hurt. A lot. Even inside water (released by the first explosion) and knocking them back with my dagger I was dead easily...Does anyone know why one exploded? And is there anyway to regain my world? I'm fine losing worlds to human error but this is kind of frustrating. (and yes I play with Mobgriefing on)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
UHHH WTF. I was on day 20 ish. It was the middle of the day and I was checking out my pit (filled with creepers and baby zombies), when a creeper was like 'yea I guess I've had enough of life...bye!'. The chain reaction of over 20 creepers hurt. A lot. Even inside water (released by the first explosion) and knocking them back with my dagger I was dead easily...Does anyone know why one exploded? And is there anyway to regain my world? I'm fine losing worlds to human error but this is kind of frustrating. (and yes I play with Mobgriefing on)
A very common way for that to occur is an archer of some kind taking a pot shot at you and hitting a creeper that is blocking the shot. I'd expect that one of the babies was carrying a bow.