[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
My setup just needs the 1 lone camel pack on my back to work. I step on the pressure plate, my pack goes into a chest with water bottles in it and some extra empty slots too, then it crafts into a full camel pack, puts it back on my chest armor slot, empty bottles land in the same chest. Then the next set of code crafts empty bottles with dirt from a jabba barrel and drops dirty waters back into the same chest, then one at a time sends the dirty water to a furnace to be smelted into regular water which lands in the same chest, and keeps repeating until all the dirty water is gone. The furnace I just have a jabba barrel full of sticks with a hopper feeding the side of the furnace. I could switch it out for a powered furnace but I went with the most simplest setup that you can do as soon as you get access to SFM stuff in the early-mid portion of the game. The dirt jabba barrel is connected to ex nihilo oak barrels that compost dirt from a jabba barrel of leaves so I have a full jabba barrel of dirt always available to be made into dirty water.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
What would be awesome is a mod that interacts with the openblocks radio. If you turn it on, all the monsters chill and start dancing and gives you time to catch your breath :) hehe
You could put glowstone notches on the ground and if the mobs don't rip them out, some of the zombies will do a twist and turn dance routine on them. At least they did in 1.1.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
that takes my radio suggestion to a whole new level.... along with all the random "trash" crystals you can find one that plays such an infectious tune that it triggers some long dead part of the mobs brains...... after the song ends though it needs to switch to the "Ice cream" truck theme.... and all the mobs get a speed boost.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
that takes my radio suggestion to a whole new level.... along with all the random "trash" crystals you can find one that plays such an infectious tune that it triggers some long dead part of the mobs brains...... after the song ends though it needs to switch to the "Ice cream" truck theme.... and all the mobs get a speed boost.
That would be such an awesome mod. Seriously. You have to create speakers to act like defense turrets to pacify a chunk of space or something, more power, more bass, % chance to implode creeper. Play too much trance music and zombies start attacking other mobs. Play something god awful tho and they attack (erased what I put cause I don't want to start music flame war, we just got through the dog/cat debate with skin intact). :) some mod author needs to pick this up and run with it. Ok, I'm sorry for totally OT suggestion. My bad, I'll see my way out right over there to some NiN tunes.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
The songs themselves really shouldn't be able to affect creepers and spiders, as they where never "human". Perhaps though, the change in behavior causes the zombies and skeletons to draw agro.... their dance moves confuse the other mobs.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I can keep F3 open, it does not bother me. Should I get a pastebin of the crash? Figure I can sift, then toss myself into the fire to die and get the log. If I don't sift, no crash on delete. If I do sift, crash on delete. If I sift huge amounts, it lags, lags more, hangs, crashes, but not reliably.
yeah, but then your eyes will be more prone to seeing all this data, not the data you need to see. thus, the mod I pointed out. If you are getting a crap ton of entities and your FPS starts to drop, then I'd wonder what version of CL you're running since the 112 version has the updated zombie awareness that keeps the entity from sieving issue from happening now (was an issue in 111). Verify you are running 112. Beyond that, no clue.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
yeah, but then your eyes will be more prone to seeing all this data, not the data you need to see. thus, the mod I pointed out. If you are getting a crap ton of entities and your FPS starts to drop, then I'd wonder what version of CL you're running since the 112 version has the updated zombie awareness that keeps the entity from sieving issue from happening now (was an issue in 111). Verify you are running 112. Beyond that, no clue.

Says that it's up to "recommended" on the dropdown, and v1.1.2 on the leftside, but I will redownload (again) in hope.
(and then I'll think about going third party for a mod to pry deeper)
Wish me luck folks.

Reactions: pc_assassin

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Says that it's up to "recommended" on the dropdown, and v1.1.2 on the leftside, but I will redownload (again) in hope.
(and then I'll think about going third party for a mod to pry deeper)
Wish me luck folks.
there's a version file in the root dir of the pack. text file. read it. it'll tell you what version of pack u have. you should have the file:Zombie Awareness v1.9.3 Mod for MC v1.6.4.zip in your mods directory.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Servoes wont help you will need to ether create a overflow chest as the last destanation or run a duct back into your input location and set it to dence mode that way the items will cycle in an out of the input location till another location opens up.
Ill give it a shot and let you know if it improves the issue.

UberZogster

Jul 29, 2019
I should specify, how are you getting it to put the filled pack back on your back? I just get it in my inventory and the chest slot is 102 which you can't put in the id range,

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ill give it a shot and let you know if it improves the issue.
I've had to start doing that in certain situations (dense route back to same chest/barrel). To prove it to yourself, wrench all the ducts in a short line and be amazed at 10-20 stacks of cobble on the ground. then you're like, ok. TE is stupid. It's sending out cobble to places it doesn't need and doesn't have the intelligence to see that there are already multiple stacks in the duct waiting as well, but hey, send some more anyways, can't hurt. That's very bad. I tend to use opaque ducts (fluid/item) so as to not reduce lag, but then I don't SEE them clogging. I also set the item stack size to 1 or 4 or 8 depending on what I need it to do but the above still happens.

Logically, you'd think that putting that dense route back to source would cause more lag, but I think the actual result of not doing that makes more lag from the entities bouncing back and forth. That was why I never used to make them. Now I do for things that don't have an end so to speak. Like, taking a finite source of ores to some induction smelters or something along those lines. No overflow. Cobble gen sourced barrel to pulverizers. overflow and a second overflow barrel in case first barrel gets full (had this happen).

Not calling TE dumb (oh wait, I did). I love TE. You would just hope that the ducts would be smarter than they are. I think that's why they're doing the ducts as a separate mod altogether in 1.7.10. Spend more time on that aspect. That can only be a good thing.[DOUBLEPOST=1409107066][/DOUBLEPOST]
I should specify, how are you getting it to put the filled pack back on your back? I just get it in my inventory and the chest slot is 102 which you can't put in the id range,
I was able to use the inventory to chest before. How are you getting 102? 4x9 itemslots (including 1 row for quick). that's 36. 37-40 are armor slots are they not?

Reactions: Shane2482

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Crash happens after a while of the game running slower and slower. But it happens even if I sieve ONE at a time, and pick everything up. Even if I stand on top of it so the entitites have no time to count up. But the count DOES go up, and the game lags and dies.

At about 1 stack the game lags until it's unplayable.

I've got 2 gigs of ram set aside for it, that was enough for AS and this pack looks much simpler... it might not be simpler, but it looks simpler, so I do not know if this IS enough.
i know some people are having lag problems with Special mobs mod? They are supposed to be fixing it. Are you sieving at night and the mobs are lagging you out or does it lag all the time day or night. Try uping the ram some in the options of the launcher if you have extra to spare. Also if it is only happening at night try disable special mob and /or zombie awareness and see if that helps.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Logically, you'd think that putting that dense route back to source would cause more lag, but I think the actual result of not doing that makes more lag from the entities bouncing back and forth. That was why I never used to make them.
Yea from what i understand of this is that everytime a TE duct tries to move an item it creates a string, now if it cant find a location it will create a new string to serch for another location but wont close the first string and will continued this loop indefinitely so long as the duct is stuffed and even when you do clean the ducts the strings will not close without a restart.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
look on direwolv20 channel he does a seris on that mod and it is pretty good. Never mind i thought you said PneumaticCraft. Didn't see the seeds part.