[1.6.4] Running Red v1.1.4 [Jam-Packed][Hardcore][Magic][RPG][Good as Crash Landing!]

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
having to make enough planks or cobble to jump a 70 block gap, and having to make said logs one at a time is unnecessarily tedious. That mixed with the tired emo alternative rock band references makes this not a pack for me. if only i had a hopper to start with i could dump my chopped wood in the alter in bulk instead of one at a time... that's not a challenge is busy work.
Style choice. When you're making the planks with the blood, and not later on with the Sawmill, you're making the things you did in life. We all know that life is tedious. You're in denial. You still think you're in life.

Anyway, it's this type of grinding, or I can have you right click on a sieve all day. This is a much more interesting and risky way of doing it.

No comment on the music part though. Everyone can like their own genres.

Luaithel

Jul 29, 2019
On the green-line quest 'brewing death', what is the potion you're supposed to have? It only says 'potion flask', and neither the 'no effect' one or the flight one makes the second part of the quest happy. Also can't figure out what type it might want from how the quest is worded.
Edit: Also, 'Although You Can See Me Smile' seems... out of order? It basically sets you up to make a tier 2 altar right after a quest that requires a tier 3 altar to complete.

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
having to make enough planks or cobble to jump a 70 block gap, and having to make said logs one at a time is unnecessarily tedious. That mixed with the tired emo alternative rock band references makes this not a pack for me. if only i had a hopper to start with i could dump my chopped wood in the alter in bulk instead of one at a time... that's not a challenge is busy work.
My advice:

If you cant endure the grinding at the beginning, maybe sky block packs are not for you....

Don't just 'fill' the gap. Be smart and optimize your resources so you can reach the island with less!

And its not 70 blocks. Probably, like 20. But if 70 is the number that makes you feel better about giving up the challenge, go with it!!!

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
On the green-line quest 'brewing death', what is the potion you're supposed to have? It only says 'potion flask', and neither the 'no effect' one or the flight one makes the second part of the quest happy. Also can't figure out what type it might want from how the quest is worded.
Edit: Also, 'Although You Can See Me Smile' seems... out of order? It basically sets you up to make a tier 2 altar right after a quest that requires a tier 3 altar to complete.
Also, the quests where you chose life or dead.... Maybe they could be a little more specific about which one is dead and which one is life....

Took me a good 5 minutes to be sure I was choosing the one I wanted.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Also, the quests where you chose life or dead.... Maybe they could be a little more specific about which one is dead and which one is life....

Took me a good 5 minutes to be sure I was choosing the one I wanted.

It's not so much about life and death, it's about letting go, or fighting to find a way to be not dead. About fighting a hopeless battle for your life, or accepting that you are dead.
I find it hard to believe it's not obvious. The map is soaked in symbolism. What is a good color for life, and what is a good color for death?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
It's not so much about life and death, it's about letting go, or fighting to find a way to be not dead. About fighting a hopeless battle for your life, or accepting that you are dead.
I find it hard to believe it's not obvious. The map is soaked in symbolism. What is a good color for life, and what is a good color for death?

Keep in mind that not all players speak English as their native language(and even some that do, dont do it fluently :p), so... some symbolisms and terms might be a little harder to understand. I know English, the "plain" one, taught at schools and on books but some expressions and ways of saying stuff are out of my league since I dont 'speak and live' the English language.

That together with some 'clues' in the text that are a little ambiguous and it might be a little confusing to decide which one is which.

I dont have the game in front of me at the moment, but I think some of the texts in the death choice can also be understood as choosing life since it also talked about fighting something! And it asks for a bucket of bood which could symbolize 'take my blood and let me die' or 'get some blood and use it to live again'...

I dont say to rewrite the quest text, since that would could break the immersion of the specific quest but just put some info that clearly shows what the quest means. Like '(choose life/ choose death) at the end of the text, so the people that have a harder time understanding it can decide correctly. This is even more important when its a quest that decides part of the quests and some players dont know what "/hqm edit " is.

Keep in mind that what is obvious to some people might be totally confusing to other, especially when references and symbols are the way used to pass the message.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Keep in mind that not all players speak English as their native language(and even some that do, dont do it fluently :p), so... some symbolisms and terms might be a little harder to understand. I know English, the "plain" one, taught at schools and on books but some expressions and ways of saying stuff are out of my league since I dont 'speak and live' the English language.

That together with some 'clues' in the text that are a little ambiguous and it might be a little confusing to decide which one is which.

I dont have the game in front of me at the moment, but I think some of the texts in the death choice can also be understood as choosing life since it also talked about fighting something! And it asks for a bucket of bood which could symbolize 'take my blood and let me die' or 'get some blood and use it to live again'...

I dont say to rewrite the quest text, since that would could break the immersion of the specific quest but just put some info that clearly shows what the quest means. Like '(choose life/ choose death) at the end of the text, so the people that have a harder time understanding it can decide correctly. This is even more important when its a quest that decides part of the quests and some players dont know what "/hqm edit " is.

Keep in mind that what is obvious to some people might be totally confusing to other, especially when references and symbols are the way used to pass the message.
You have a choice and from what I understand, you either pick a green shard, or a black one.
And you're very right about symbolism being rooted in a language to the point of a slight misunderstanding may change the meaning totally. But in how many cultures does black mean life? And in how many is green a color of death?
...One could have a fun game of Regex Golf picking colors combos and symbolic meanings in a culture for them, come to think of it.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
You have a choice and from what I understand, you either pick a green shard, or a black one.
And you're very right about symbolism being rooted in a language to the point of a slight misunderstanding may change the meaning totally. But in how many cultures does black mean life? And in how many is green a color of death?
...One could have a fun game of Regex Golf picking colors combos and symbolic meanings in a culture for them, come to think of it.
What I tried to say is that some players might not notice the symbology like me. I totally failed to notice the black/green shards.

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
It really is obvious which path is death and which is life. The only way to make it more obvious would be spamming "death death death death death" or "life life life life life" on the pages xD. It really states it clearly, and the symbolism makes it even easier zo understand.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
It might be a little out of order- I've reorganized them for the upcoming update. It should be a potion flask of flight. I'll look at that later, too.

Reactions: Kill-Joy

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
how do you get bats and wolfs?

PS: Sorry that i keep posting nooby questions, but i try to find information via google before i ask in here.

FraniXMC

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get the snowbell seeds? I have gotten many of the other seeds but I have not gotten any seeds snowbell.
Please respond, I'm having fun with this modpack.