[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know about this. I do have an underground garden but not a tree farm. Have you tried a higher roof and better light?

i tried a space of 11 (hight) and it was 10 x10 I think? and glow stones all around, bright enough not to spawn... I'll try a larger area and more light

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Oak saplings, they wouldn't even plant. It's not like I couldn't bonemeal them or they wouldn't grow, they just wouldn't take to the dirt. it was weird. I'll try again when I get home from work.
It sounds to me like Iskandar has nerfed underground tree farms. I know vegetable farms work under cover from an early map of my own (I was concerned over possible enderman griefing), but I've never tried an undercover tree farm in CL.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Well it's definitely not line of sight to the sky, cause you can place a solid block above a sapling to prevent the tree from growing too big. Not being able to plant the sapling sounds like light level issues.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Most likely light level. Put a torch on each side of the dirt block and plant the sapling. I tend to have my first mfr tree farm underground with a single dirt of birch or oak.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
It sounds to me like Iskandar has nerfed underground tree farms. I know vegetable farms work under cover from an early map of my own (I was concerned over possible enderman griefing), but I've never tried an undercover tree farm in CL.
Lanceypooh made an underground tree so it should work.

Maybe with oak trees it has to do with the bigness of the tree that is growing - because if my space outside is too small I can go through a stack of bonemeal and it'll still refuse to grow unless I removes some blocks surrounding it. Whereas a smaller tree will grow in the same spot later on.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried it in a test world, underground tree farms work just as they do in vanilla...

2014-08-25_12.46.53.png

Reactions: Pyure

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
On a side note...

Day 87, I was working in the basement and lost track of time when I suddenly noticed hunger down to 3 and hydration down to 80%. I nonchalantly return to the surface for food, water, and more building supplies only to be attacked by a baby skeleton that had Matrix moves. With the dehydration and hungry debuffs, I knew fighting was futile so instead I ran for the cacti farm. On the way I remembered the age old prayer..."no no no no no...oh crap...please please please....*string of profanity*...no NO! NO!....HA! HOW YA LIKE ME NOW? Ain't so tough in the cacti farm are we? Hahaha"

I survived with half a heart and still have no bed or sync shell. :)
Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

FraniXMC

Jul 29, 2019
I've finished all the missions of this modpack, I really liked it, quite difficult challenges.
I hope there's a sequel, maybe it's a snowy world, to seize the "Enviromine mod", surviving polar cold and using heat sources would be epic.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
On a side note...

Day 87, I was working in the basement and lost track of time when I suddenly noticed hunger down to 3 and hydration down to 80%. I nonchalantly return to the surface for food, water, and more building supplies only to be attacked by a baby skeleton that had Matrix moves. With the dehydration and hungry debuffs, I knew fighting was futile so instead I ran for the cacti farm. On the way I remembered the age old prayer..."no no no no no...oh crap...please please please....*string of profanity*...no NO! NO!....HA! HOW YA LIKE ME NOW? Ain't so tough in the cacti farm are we? Hahaha"

Many of those babies are freaking evil...... not that all babies aren't a bit evil...... but some of the babies in CL are truly a special kind.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
I've finished all the missions of this modpack, I really liked it, quite difficult challenges.
I hope there's a sequel, maybe it's a snowy world, to seize the "Enviromine mod", surviving polar cold and using heat sources would be epic.

Absolutely! Even a continuation via quest triggered warp event to Hoth where you start all over again. If you don't know Hoth, well you'll have to look it up. :)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Absolutely! Even a continuation via quest triggered warp event to Hoth where you start all over again. If you don't know Hoth, well you'll have to look it up. :)
Don't know Hoth!!! Sacrilege, on a ftb forum we should be able to assume that our fellow patrons have at least some understanding of the basis for modern "geekisms".

I kind of like the idea that a final quest requires the assembly/repair of some kind of ship, which we manage to crash again on the way home. Perhaps even some kind of random generator to come up with evil little worlds to try and survive on. I mean the fluff doesn't exactly describe our toons being skilled pilots or navigators......

Reactions: Shane2482

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
On a side note...

Yeah, this pack and BNB has really warped my ability to think rationally. In that same situation, one would think, just run like hell and hope for best. In these kinds of packs? Yeah, run towards the thing that is more likely going to kill you (cactus farm) to kill the even more scarier thing coming after you. I wish I could have seen that baby munchkin sugar devourer run at mach speed around a bunch of cactii. that would be so awesome. It's like you turn around, creeper. I just run towards him swinging like mad unless it's armored. No swing run back stf. Kill that bugger now. Skels you tend to get sideways on and time the shots but yeah, I think skels I tend to cause the most revenge killing cause they pick you off at a distance while others pick away at you so when I come back to smash his bones, I do it usually death from above style and decimate him.

Elevators. I can't stress them enough. Make some platforms 3+ high off ground with elevators top/bottom to escape things like this or to get up close to a ghast flying around if you don't have your range weapon out.

so, when I die and go to hell, am I going to be visited by all the pixels I've killed in my life? Man, I'm going to need ALOT of popcorn.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know Hoth!!! Sacrilege, on a ftb forum we should be able to assume that our fellow patrons have at least some understanding of the basis for modern "geekisms".

I kind of like the idea that a final quest requires the assembly/repair of some kind of ship, which we manage to crash again on the way home. Perhaps even some kind of random generator to come up with evil little worlds to try and survive on. I mean the fluff doesn't exactly describe our toons being skilled pilots or navigators......

LOL Sometimes its easy to forget the current generation is lost only knowing LOTR and Harry Potter.

A random selection of worlds, each only playable once with unique experiences, jungle where all water is poisonous, all mobs are aggressive (i.e. chickens, cows, pig, etc not only aggressive, but give debuffs on attack.) water world with no fish...you get the idea. Iskandar could certainly come up with many more fun and exciting ways to kill us on these other worlds. :D

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone

I think this is where galacticraft would be interesting, but yeah. premade mystcraft worlds or some such with biomes/etc... changed around. /s/dust/snow/g, etc.... but then that'd be just more of the same, wouldn't it? TBH, extending the stay on the one planet so your base can be continually used, and then being able to terraform a large chunk, or finding an incomplete terraforming station on a city that when you get near it, starts a countdown till annhillation, pops out a popcorn tub and tells you to get 50 clicks out from radius of blast, sit out there on your chair, under umbrella of course, munch popcorn and watch the piggies die horribly as your new oasis or snowland gets created. that would be epic. mmm popcorn infused with bacon bits.... /homer

Reactions: LostBMe