1.7.10 FTB Pack News

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaEnergy

Jul 29, 2019
It is quite clear that you and Jaded are much more interested in making your own more specialized packs (To such a degree that it seems some of the official FTB packs have become quite neglected IMO). But would it not be possible to recruit/hire/whatever someone to continue the tradition of the "large builders paradise" packs?

U might be looking at something along the lines of TPPI (test pack please ignore)?. From what i recall, its a ftb-comunity made private test, and it has a pretty nice setup and maintenance.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
It should be mentioned that some of reasons that the Monster pack was so much less popular than previous neutral packs is that it was introduced so much later than the 1.5 Direwolf pack. So much later that many players got tired of waiting and just started using that one.
And since monster started with little to make it different than the Dwolf pack there was little reason to switch.

And that when they started adding mods that were unique and interesting no one knew because the change logs were moved off the forums and thus we no longer got alerts about the changes.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
And since monster started with little to make it different than the Dwolf pack there was little reason to switch.

I agree that Monster and DW20 is basically redundant because of only minor differences, so I think it's a good decision to continue only one of them.
Because of the huge user draw of direwolf it's an easy decision which one will survive.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I agree that Monster and DW20 is basically redundant because of only minor differences, so I think it's a good decision to continue only one of them.
Because of the huge user draw of direwolf it's an easy decision which one will survive.

They added a few more interesting things to the pack later. Big reactors comes to mind. And there are a few mods that have bin mentioned in the what's new in modding list that would be nice to have but don't seem like they would be Dire's style.
Dragonic evolution would be an example. As it's mostly redundant. But boy is that energy storage system nice.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
and this is why ive moved onto the atlauncher

The ATLauncher is alright, I played the Sky Factory map full time for a month or two and enjoyed it. The reason why I don't use it anymore is because it only has the Sky Factory and CrackPack modpacks, and that's it as far as interesting modpacks go. The rest are pretty random.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
They added a few more interesting things to the pack later. Big reactors comes to mind. And there are a few mods that have bin mentioned in the what's new in modding list that would be nice to have but don't seem like they would be Dire's style.
Dragonic evolution would be an example. As it's mostly redundant. But boy is that energy storage system nice.

That's true, but I think if it's just a couple mods difference it's not worth it to have different modpacks.

And thanks for the Draconic Evolution suggestion, that multblock energy storage looks awesome in comparison to the boring energy cell blocks.

Mikerman

Jul 29, 2019
The ATLauncher is alright, I played the Sky Factory map full time for a month or two and enjoyed it. The reason why I don't use it anymore is because it only has the Sky Factory and CrackPack modpacks, and that's it as far as interesting modpacks go. The rest are pretty random.

and soon the Modsauce modpack from the Hermitcrafters. build specifically for them and contains all the mods they asked for

Oraia

Jul 29, 2019
Will Soul Shards 2 be added in the 1.7 packs ? It's a very usefull mods for a lot of other tech mods , but I don't know if it's updated for 1.7 ...

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Will Soul Shards 2 be added in the 1.7 packs ? It's a very usefull mods for a lot of other tech mods , but I don't know if it's updated for 1.7 ...

I still prefer Soul Shards reborn. The port of the original. :D

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
So no giant Monster / Ultimate type pack planned at this point. I guess I will have to stick to tech or magic for a bit, not do both in one world, but I'm totally fine with that.

But another super dark modpack from Eyamaz?! I'm really excited now!! And somewhat scared.
You do know you can just use the edit modpack but on in the launcher to add more mods to a pack meaning you can have both tach and magic

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
You do know you can just use the edit modpack but on in the launcher to add more mods to a pack meaning you can have both tach and magic

But if you do you can forget about support or ever joining in with others using that pack. And trying to keep it updated. Good luck. Not to mention you will be bug testing it your self. So expect to lose many a world.

Reactions: rhn

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
But if you do you can forget about support or ever joining in with others using that pack. And trying to keep it updated. Good luck. Not to mention you will be bug testing it your self. So expect to lose many a world.
If you are playing with 4 or less players on the server, you are legally allowed to distribute it by whatever means you like (except for ad.fly, or ad.fly-like links). If you are playing with more than 4 other players, you can put the modpack through the launcher IF you have the permissions from the mod authors. Here is a OneDrive doc from someone ages ago that tabulated those that allow FTB modpacks or not (these may be outdated, so double check before you request to put your modpack on the launcher):

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx...file,.xlsx&app=Excel&authkey=!APQ4QtFrBqa1HwM

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

Tech support doesn't end at the tech support site. I help people on the forums almost daily with tech support, regardless of if it's a standard FTB pack, something from the ATLauncher, or a custom pack someone tossed together.

Keeping the pack updated is as simple as grabbing the new versions whenever FTB pushes a new pack version.

Your point about servers still stands, but that's why I only play on servers with friends. They tend to be far superior in several ways anyway.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
If you are playing with 4 or less players on the server, you are legally allowed to distribute it by whatever means you like (except for ad.fly, or ad.fly-like links). If you are playing with more than 4 other players, you can put the modpack through the launcher IF you have the permissions from the mod authors. Here is a OneDrive doc from someone ages ago that tabulated those that allow FTB modpacks or not (these may be outdated, so double check before you request to put your modpack on the launcher):

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=96628E67B4C51B81!161&ithint=file,.xlsx&app=Excel&authkey=!APQ4QtFrBqa1HwM
What law is it that states you may distribute to 4 or less people? I have never heard of anything like that

Status
Not open for further replies.